Android Issues with Lollipop 5.0 (Updated***)

Comments

• surfrock66 wrote:
    Nexus5 on Android L...if you switch apps and come back, the game almost always restarts, even if you're mid-battle. I've lost so much health just by answering an SMS or something and hopping back. There has to be a way to force a session to stay alive when switching apps. I've rebooted, cleared all other apps, etc etc...if you hop out even for a second and hop back, back to loading screen.

safest thing to do is to finish your match before doing anything else, was discussed earlier in this thread.

That being said, if it can actually be fixed, I'd thank Elune.
  • Problem doesnt solve, Game always crash in battle
  • benben77 wrote:
    Problem doesnt solve, Game always crash in battle
    Same for me on Nexus 5, but other apps also close unexpectedly so it's a lollipop issue, not a mpq one.
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    It generally works for me, but there's a weird graphical glitch. I think it only happens right after the screen dims when it's about to go to sleep, and I'm in the game. When I start playing again, the graphics layers kind of fade in, in a strange way that they don't normally do. I have to restart the game to get it working for me.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    I have a fresh flashed factory image and the game is actually pretty fast and works pretty well. I hate to say this, but you guys may want to do a factory reset (make sure you facebook backup first!). This should clean out all the upgraded garbage and hopefully speed things up.

Edit:
    I am using a Nexus 5.
    Factory Nexus images can be found here: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a fresh flashed factory image and the game is actually pretty fast and works pretty well. I hate to say this, but you guys may want to do a factory reset (make sure you facebook backup first!). This should clean out all the upgraded garbage and hopefully speed things up.
    If anyone attempts this and it makes a difference (or doesn't, for that matter), could you post here and let people know?
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    If anyone attempts this and it makes a difference (or doesn't, for that matter), could you post here and let people know?

Additionally, anyone still having issues should open a Support Ticket, noting your operating system/version number, your device type, and device model.
  • So...it's been a week? I know its a holiday weekend and all, but I can't believe they haven't even mentioned this. Its pretty frustrating being set back 2 PVEs in a row and missing out on 2 PVPs(I know others here have had worse).
  • Yea still gonna give it a bit more time. Long weekend and holiday, ect. Hopefully we will hear something soon.... Or else.....

I will most likely just complain to myself for 10 min and keep playing....... But come on! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Lollipop aliance is full icon_e_sad.gif
  • Vassilij wrote:
    Lollipop aliance is full icon_e_sad.gif

Are you a daily player? We opened ourselves up to the public, but many of them are uncommunicative and freeloading.
  • I plany every day and every zime if i can icon_e_wink.gif
  • Vassilij wrote:
    I plany every day and every zime if i can icon_e_wink.gif

Okay, find us in game and we're a private guild now. Be sure to identify yourself as from the forum so I know its you icon_e_smile.gif
  • I guess they're not gonna compensate us...I'm not gonna lie and say I'll stop playing but they haven't even acknowledged it beyond what they said a week ago. I Didn't place in 2 PVPs and it set me back in 2 PVEs(and the subsequent ones, considering how essentials work)....sucks...
  • raisinbman wrote:
    I guess they're not gonna compensate us...I'm not gonna lie and say I'll stop playing but they haven't even acknowledged it beyond what they said a week ago. I Didn't place in 2 PVPs and it set me back in 2 PVEs(and the subsequent ones, considering how essentials work)....sucks...
    And here I thought they would just be doing the token gesture of a compensation token. It seems even that is been too generous for them.
  • GothicKratos
    I would suggest sending a ticket to request compensation, if everything is functioning properly.

I would also suggest a ticket if it's not working properly.

They've been really good about compensation recently, so there's no reason for me to believe they are going to short you guys.
  • I would suggest sending a ticket to request compensation, if everything is functioning properly.

They've been really good about compensation recently, so there's no reason for me to believe they are going to short you guys.

Okay I'll try it...I hope there's not alot of red tape though, I don't have time for tinykitty.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    I would suggest sending a ticket to request compensation, if everything is functioning properly.

Okay I'll try it...I hope there's not alot of red tape though, I don't have time for tinykitty.
    Let me know how you go. I still think they should be proactive in compensating those who were affected instead of relying on you to go up to them to seek compensation
  • GothicKratos
    futongus wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

Let me know how you go. I still think they should be proactive in compensating those who were affected instead of relying on you to go up to them to seek compensation

While I agree on a philosophical level, that they should try and compensate people themselves first, the reality of the situation is how do they go about that? I know they have statistics on how many players use what platform, but I highly doubt that information is associated with your account --- this is speculation, of course, but I don't see any reason to keep that kind of information around (other than very specific situations like this that most people would never expect to happen).

It's a strange situation really, because unlike a normal game where just you would suffer from being locked out of a game for awhile, your Alliance suffers - horribly at times. It's easily arguable that they deserve compensation too, but I have no idea what's "fair" (and doesn't have them tracking through placement history [if they even keep that information] and seeing if it effected placement and compensation the hypothetical difference). A single cover of whatever was the prize for each member sounds great and would make them happy, of course, but I feel like that's not "fair" because there are more Alliances that do not hit those goals than not, and just giving them out isn't "fair".

And so is a day in the life. icon_lol.gif
  • futongus wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

While I agree on a philosophical level, that they should try and compensate people themselves first, the reality of the situation is how do they go about that? I know they have statistics on how many players use what platform, but I highly doubt that information is associated with your account --- this is speculation, of course, but I don't see any reason to keep that kind of information around (other than very specific situations like this that most people would never expect to happen).

It's a strange situation really, because unlike a normal game where just you would suffer from being locked out of a game for awhile, your Alliance suffers - horribly at times. It's easily arguable that they deserve compensation too, but I have no idea what's "fair" (and doesn't have them tracking through placement history [if they even keep that information] and seeing if it effected placement and compensation the hypothetical difference). A single cover of whatever was the prize for each member sounds great and would make them happy, of course, but I feel like that's not "fair" because there are more Alliances that do not hit those goals than not, and just giving them out isn't "fair".

And so is a day in the life. icon_lol.gif
    Fair enough if they don't link our accounts to our devices and therefore don't have the information to know who was affected I understand. But at least they could've communicated that fact and asked us to seek compensation through the ticket system instead of having us to keep wait for them to come up with an announcement and hope that we would just forget about it eventually. Alot of the good will that they built up recently from anniversary and event end time changes has just dissipated for me cause it just feels like they left us in the lurch. Happy to be told otherwise if that is untrue but yes we need to be TOLD about it.