Nefarious Foes - Matchmaking Test - Discussion

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean, even if he HP boosted from 0 points (normally), there aren't enough people at the 1.2k+ scores for him to have a steady climb. at least not at only 1 shield's worth.

And even then, if he's using sacrifice, that's still like only 4 fights before sentry needs a health pack, and not too many more for hood, so I'd be surprised if he got more than a dozen fights in before running out of healthpack.png ?
  • Spoit wrote:
    I mean, even if he HP boosted from 0 points (normally), there aren't enough people at the 1.2k+ scores for him to have a steady climb. at least not at only 1 shield's worth.

And even then, if he's using sacrifice, that's still like only 4 fights before sentry needs a health pack, and not too many more for hood, so I'd be surprised if he got more than a dozen fights in before running out of healthpack.png ?

yeah, i'm gonna call **** on this guy. no possible way to do that. Especially considering that now with this **** change even if he somehow got miracle cascades all the way up to 1100 so he could have the health, every team you face now can beat your team so he would have gotten so many retals on the way up.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    sms4002 wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

yeah, i'm gonna call **** on this guy. no possible way to do that. Especially considering that now with this **** change even if he somehow got miracle cascades all the way up to 1100 so he could have the health, every team you face now can beat your team so he would have gotten so many retals on the way up.
    Eh, if he climbed fast enough, without any breaks. he'd still appear to have peanuts for points
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    One thing I would like to add is with the tweak, ( latest one), I am having a hard time finding anyone worth points to fight..... All the top alliances members have substantially more points than me but I cant find a fight worth more than 5-10 points and I only have just over 900. Before the tweaks there was never a problem finding a couple fights worth 30+ points...
  • chris0001 wrote:
    One thing I would like to add is with the tweak, ( latest one), I am having a hard time finding anyone worth points to fight..... All the top alliances members have substantially more points than me but I cant find a fight worth more than 5-10 points and I only have just over 900. Before the tweaks there was never a problem finding a couple fights worth 30+ points...

this is because there is nobody out there with points. the top 10 alliance scores are the lowest i have seen in a loooong time. All the high point crazies you see are shielded out. Normally everyone can easily climb so there are plenty of targets but since we all see max teams from 0 points, nobody can get more than a couple hundred points before they are completely out of health packs. This change is **** and needs to be fully reverted asap!
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    sms4002 wrote:
    chris0001 wrote:

this is because there is nobody out there with points. the top 10 alliance scores are the lowest i have seen in a loooong time. All the high point crazies you see are shielded out. Normally everyone can easily climb so there are plenty of targets but since we all see max teams from 0 points, nobody can get more than a couple hundred points before they are completely out of health packs. This change is **** and needs to be fully reverted asap!

Start of this post is spot on. In my bracket, leader is shielded at 1240, then second has 620 odd. My 499 is somehow good enough for 10th. Part of that is probably the nature of the event too, with even transitioners like me able to put out a vaguely intimidating team (maxed Ares/Daken, level 80-odd Hood, pre boost). That boosted health, even for the mid range guys, means all the fights take that much longer, you sustain that much more damage, and it takes longer/more health packs to make a push
  • 91H0M3ml.jpg

The result of my first match. Having to fight maxed sentry hood daken at 0 points and I almost lose. 3 health packs lost. Working as intended? What a **** load of **** this game is.
  • Thoughts from 2* player (no chars above 94) - so far seems fine. It's hard to judge general difficulty level with such event. Joined day ago, fought some weak teams (weak in this case means triple 94 that none of was boosted sometimes), couple hundred points later I'm matched with similar teams like mine - maxed Ares, maxed Daken, and some random 94 or boosted-but-still-lowish 3*. Generally it seems bit harder since usual pvp events are just slaughtering newbies up to 400.

Now I'm sitting with 500ish points on position 15 (Mr Maestro from shield at nr1 with 1300, nr2 Tcway at 830 from Tacos). There is still 20h left of event though. I reserve my verdict on final position I manage to get, if I get thrown off top100 like usual in last hours then this change does nothing for me (except making it longer to reach 400 for last valuable reward).

On side note, it would be nice if you'd find a way to implement survey system in game, even if it would just take you to web page, so that you could gauge changes after event ends from every spectrum of players as well as tie their responses together with their actual roster strength/history. Poll on forum will always be biased toward veterans, much less transitioning players and pretty much nonexistent feedback from newly joined people with 1*s.
  • I can't do this.... This is starting to suck.

The token reward for the test feels like a cop out.
    Tokens = moonstone, and you know it.
    I don't want a chance at something cool for missing out on at least 2 new character covers because my mmr group is pummeling me.

Definitely frustrated, and definitely dropping negative feedback on that ****.

Roll this back. Pissed.
  • My roster is a full range of maxed 2*, with a few 3* at 100-120, and my experience in this event hasn't been too bad. There is no easy progression at all, no match can be won without risk unless you heal in between, but I'm not really seeing anyone who is miles above my level. Almost every match in my queue seems to be a maxed Ares + Daken, and either a Loki or Mags at 150-200. I've been spending a lot of skip tax just seeing who comes up, and it never really changes, although that could just be the nature of NF, I suppose.

I wouldn't object too much if they left it as is, as it seems to be helping me place higher as the points scores are down (aside from a few shielded x-men with >1000). Top 10 in my bracket requires 550, which I've never seen before. But if they keep it like this the progression rewards will need to be overhauled, as if it's just barely possible to reach 600 then every PvP is going to be a net loss of HP for everyone if they want to get anything out of it. I can't afford to drop cash on this game every month. Not everyone is a whale.
  • If you implement this change the game will loose most of its veterans. There are ppl who play it for a whole year. This ppl will leave! Please recognize that this change is unbearable for players with maxed roosters, who are actually PAYING money! Why would you mistreat your own paycheck like that?

I get that you want to improve the experience of transition players. Alienating your long time players is not the way to do it.
  • I don't like this pvp can d3 forget this test pvp even happened just turn it back to normal
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    So far, I don't mind the change. The climb is slower than usual, but I don't mind missed out progression rewards if it means I get top 5 rewards instead. It does get a little repetitive to battle maxed Sentry, Daken and Hood, but then again that is what I am running, so...
  • Just seems odd that someone with 300 or 499 would be in the top ten of pvp not sure if u made the brackets soft
  • This change is the WORST you have made in the existance of the game, imo.
    As some others wrote, you kick the 3* players in the nuts for playing the game that long. As a member of a big alliance i can tell you that most players I know which pay to win will cancel the game because it's not that fun anymore.
    It is possible to transition between 2* and 3* phase in the old system without paying money. I and many other players did it. If you want to shorten that phase, go on, i totally understand it. But don't punish players who actualy put a lot of time/money in your game. Maybe make 2* players invisible to 3* if they get past 500-600 points, which is not that hard.

Oh, and please stop thinking a token or whatever changes opinions. Everybody knows that's a lame excuse. If you feel really sorry for something, hand out 50/100 HP.

Summary: if you want to improve the game, fine. You guys do a lot of things right, This change isn't one of them.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want to thumbs up everyone who hates this MMR change. Problem is I don't have enough thumbs!
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    1609583_860164767335427_2420413748842799577_n.jpg?oh=3dfa839acbb4d58fee09fd5ee33528d3&oe=54D746E6&__gda__=1423135896_b957d70dd59d884ba23a1ffe4decb16d
    Worst experience so far in mpq.. In fact i dont see the reasoning behind the mmr change.. Im facing maxed teams nearly right from the start.. Lets make some comparison with a grand slam in tennis.. There are the seeds who worked hard to be on top of the ladder and by doing so have the right to be protected by not having to face other seeds before the 4th round.. But with mpq seeding Its as if Federer have to face Nadal in the first round.. Why do they bother to work in other tournaments??? Same here why do i have to develop a roster if Im punished by doing so? Its a non sense.. And a clearcut advantage to favor newbies.. thats doesnt seem fair and not a good way to incentive players to invest time and money in your game..
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Made the climb from 500 to 600 relatively easily. In recent weeks, this has been a bit of a joke - as soon as I passed 500, suddenly anyone with a 2 star or even middling 3 star roster disappeared, with just maxed teams everywhere. Had been expecting to suddenly hit the Sentry/Hood/LDaken train this time but to be fair while there were a few of those (with the odd Cmags, Rags and Doom thrown in) it didn't take many skips to find people in a similar position roster-wise to me.

So for that alone, this gets a big thumbs up. Obviously I'm in no position to comment on the issues the 3* guys seem to be facing, so can understand why me being pleased is a little at odds with many of the posts thus far
  • Wrost mmr change ever made by D3!!! Jesus getting attacked since the start just doing 3-5 fights before i run out of healthpacks and i cant climb more than 600 points cuz of the attacks.. Plz revert the changes cuz in 3* land its impossible to play.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Struggling to get to 300. This is the change you meant, yes?