*** Mystique (Raven Darkholme) ***

Options

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    BP is 100% winmore. None of his abilities help you get to the combo, they just make the game quicker once you're already off. But once you've gone off, you've already won so BP doesn't help the team in any meaningful way.
    BP tanks blue and black for Mystique. That's important. He has almost as much health as the other two characters combined. He's great for soaking up any ability damage you may take when setting up the infinite combo.

Depends on where you use the combo. Versus normal scaled nodes where you have the time to set up the combo without dying, then sure, BP's health and tanking may matter. Versus 300+ Juggs/Ares where you need to go off as fast as possible or else just die to headbutt, no one can compete with X-Force accelerating the combo, and I'd assume those are the main situations where using the combo matters in the first place.
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I ran Magistique + Luke Cage, his red can prevent loads of early match damage, which is the problem, once you prevent that you just have to get the lock in before they start to go off.
    Goobady wrote:
    So I beat the entire third gauntlet with 1*Storm and level 94 Magstique against all 395s. Only Doom took more then 2 tries, most took 1. I didn't use any boosts but if I has used BP stock I don't think I'd have ever lost. NP is right that it is irrelevant who does the most damage with black, all that matters is helping get the combo off. Spiderman is actually pretty great if he is higher level since he can prevent tons of damage while matching purple and tanking.

I chuckled when you said Doom took more than 2 tries. Yeah, when you boost purple and black for him bad things will probably happen, lol.

Meh, the extra damage on Mystique is a tradeoff for the combo going off consistently: 750-1k damage a match is generally worth the added consistency for bringing X-Force over Cage for nodes where it's do or die. Cage is better in normal situations assuming everything goes perfectly, so thats an option if you're using the combo vs easier nodes.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I know 5 in blue is a must, how many covers should go in her other skills?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Arondite wrote:
    I know 5 in blue is a must, how many covers should go in her other skills?

3/5/5 is better for winfinite and for MQ to be good by herself. In general purple is underwhelming, so I don't think 5 purple is right in pretty much any circumstance: even with X-Force existing.
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Options
    While you're taking the time to change her, let us place the shapeshift tile.

With it being random placement, it makes her shapeshift way too unreliable.
  • That might be just enough to save her, thumbs up
  • Unknown
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hey All

Miles from Demiurge here to let you know about some new character updates that are coming soon to Marvel Puzzle Quest.

Mystique (Raven Darkholme) - Coming 3/23/15

Mystique is the other piece of this infinite turn combo, so we’ve decided to tweak her Blue ability a little.

Infiltration - Old - Cost: 9
    Mystique infiltrates an organization giving herself ample opportunity to unravel plans. Transforms 5 random basic tiles that are Red, Green, or Yellow into Purple, or Black tiles.
    Level 2 - Transforms 6 tiles.
    Level 3 - Transforms 7 tiles.
    Level 4 - Transforms 8 tiles.
    Level 5 - Transforms 10 tiles.

Infiltration - New - Cost: 10
    Mystique infiltrates an organization giving herself ample opportunity to unravel plans. Transforms 4 random basic tiles that are Red, Green, or Yellow into Purple, or Black tiles.
    Level 2 - Transforms 5 tiles.
    Level 3 - Transforms 6 tiles.
    Level 4 - Transforms 7 tiles.
    Level 5 - Transforms 9 tiles.

[Extracted from original post. It and further discussion on the change can be found here].

Original post:

The new character changes include a huge nerf to a character that it doesn't need. By them changing MMN, it fixes the winfinity combo. This change will result in a decent character turning into a useless character. I'm startin this thread as a petition to Demigur to cancel this change!
    Mystique (Raven Darkholme) - Coming 3/23/15

Infiltration - Old - Cost: 9
    Mystique infiltrates an organization giving herself ample opportunity to unravel plans. Transforms 4 random basic tiles that are Red, Green, or Yellow into Purple, or Black tiles.
    Level 2 - Transforms 6 tiles.
    Level 3 - Transforms 7 tiles.
    Level 4 - Transforms 8 tiles.
    Level 5 - Transforms 10 tiles.

Infiltration - New - Cost: 10
    Level 2 - Transforms 5 tiles.
    Level 3 - Transforms 6 tiles.
    Level 4 - Transforms 7 tiles.
    Level 5 - Transforms 9 tiles.
  • What, 1 less tile?

Of all the nerfs, this is the one you're upset about?
  • onimus wrote:
    What, 1 less tile?

1 more cost and 1 less tile. The TGT needed te blue nerf, the IF purple needed that nerf. They changed MMN purple to stop the combo so they didn't need to change this.
  • Props to D3P for capturing authentic marvel atmosphere!!

Mags and Mys go down together!
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm totally okay with 1 or even 2 less tiles generated, but the 1AP cost increase is overkill. It's a cost increase from 9 to 10 which is an increase from 3 matches to 4, which is pretty significant. It's going to hurt her considerably in real matches.
  • 9 to 10 seems marginal but its actuat pretty big. I would much prefer if they kept it at 9 and transformed less tiles.
  • akiratang wrote:
    9 to 10 seems marginal but its actuat pretty big. I would much prefer if they kept it at 9 and transformed less tiles.

Agreed. That's all I want them to fix if they do decide to go through with this. 9 ap for 9 black is fine. 10 ap for 9 black is too much. It's a double nerf.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just for comparison's sake, post-nerf MMags will generate 8 tiles of 2 colours, 3 of which can be targeted, for just 9AP. How does it make any sense for Mystique to generate 9 randomly placed tiles of 2 colours for 10AP?
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They could have easily fixed her by just flip flopping the powers. If her purple was blue and blue purple it woudl have stopped the combo right there, I would suggest that before doing this.
  • Just for comparison's sake, post-nerf MMags will generate 8 tiles of 2 colours, 3 of which can be targeted, for just 9AP. How does it make any sense for Mystique to generate 9 randomly placed tiles of 2 colours for 10AP?

You can also go with IF which generates 7 purple or deals 4k damage for 5 ap...
  • It should be more like save MNMags and Thora in my opinion, she didnt have such a high nerf
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    onimus wrote:
    What, 1 less tile?

I'm upset becuase It's unecissary. Changing Mmags was enough. I don't find Mystique that OP at all if you aren't doing winfinite. I wish I could use her more, but she tanks too much and dies too easily, and I have her underleveld.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    Just for comparison's sake, post-nerf MMags will generate 8 tiles of 2 colours, 3 of which can be targeted, for just 9AP. How does it make any sense for Mystique to generate 9 randomly placed tiles of 2 colours for 10AP?

And mmags is a 2* - go figure
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options
    With Mags purple changed to red tile generator, was this necessary?
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Options
    Phaserhawk seems like he has the best simplest fix, or just swapping the Blue and Purple on Mystique. It breaks the combo, without a nerf.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25304&start=160#p312858