*** Mystique (Raven Darkholme) ***

Options

Comments

• ZeiramMR wrote:
    Honestly, I think the Ragnarok Green is the most unbalanced balancing in this set of changes...

Any combo of Rags plus a green feeder goon will be a huge resource sink at best and impossible to defeat at worst. Given how many events in which Rags is included... I hope the event designers are on their toes.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She's decent, blue + purple are hard colors to cover, but she's not stellar. Purple almost never survives because its not targetable so she's not even a good purple dump.

Masterstroke is 3130 damage for 11 AP (284.5 damage to AP ratio) while potentially draining 6 AP from the opponent and 2 from yourself. If you consider the AP drain as a cost reduction than the ratio is 447 (the ap reduction is really hard to justify). With Shapeshift up its 7302 for 19 AP (384.3, 487 if you value the AP drain).

If purple was targetable and not consumed by Masterstroke 4/4/5 or 5/3/5 would probably be the best builds.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Given the obvious shift towards 4* meta and the neutering of Mystique's blue, do you think she is worth keeping?

Do you prefer Kamala's purple to Mystique's?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Every character able to convert colors are worth to keep (, unless there is another char who does the same from->to colors)

Generally, she is still very playable.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes.

She gets regular use in LR's and she'll inevitably be buffed in PvP's as well should the new format stick around. Besides, the amount of ISO she'll give you equates to about 2 weeks of LR's and the HP return is pathetic good for 1 or mayby 2 roster slots. Not even remotely worth the selling price.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, although neutered and not as effective as before, her and Mn Mags still are a good combo. They can still create a few loops, but expect to use healthpacks and someone to not make it out of the match intact.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The more characters you keep, the less likely you are to get locked out of a required char node in PvE events... which are the key to more easily getting the top progression awards and top 100 placement in the event.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yep, keep all 3*'s at the expense of 2*'s (get rid of them all eventually, if you have to).

All 3*'s are featured PVP characters, PVE essentials, and required characters for DDQ. As a villain she'll be in more constant rotation in LR's as well. You'll miss yours if you get rid of it for those reasons (not for current playability reasons).
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She is basically the same as before the changes. It's not a big deal, still very good.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For 19AP she does he same damage as 4thor
  • spydoorman
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    Given the obvious shift towards 4* meta and the neutering of Mystique's blue, do you think she is worth keeping?

Do you prefer Kamala's purple to Mystique's?

Wouldnt she have been spayed? Then again, didnt she transform into a guy and impregnate someone? This is getting confusing.
  • Hardly "neutered" (jeez, the constant drama over minor nerfing) and her purple then black makes a decent dent in most opponents. Magstique still works with a little more attention to the board.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She was barely playable before the nerf. Her blue is actually so bad an unreliable that you had to fire it twice in a row to get a decent chance at going off with the combo. Now that the combo is dead and her blue is even worse, she's definitely a bottom tier character. Sure, her black potentially deals top damage among abilities, but you have to jump though so many slow hoops while defending her absurdly low HP to get the full damage that it's not worth the bother.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I still use her with mnmags and blade (have 4 black) for my dpq with minimal hp loss. Have them at level 100, 94, 100. The only time I have trouble with them now is when ninja nodes show up and they do damage when they are killed. Wininfinite still works as long as you stock up blue and pink during goon nodes.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    grunth13 wrote:
    I still use her with mnmags and blade (have 4 black) for my dpq with minimal hp loss. Have them at level 100, 94, 100. The only time I have trouble with them now is when ninja nodes show up and they do damage when they are killed. Wininfinite still works as long as you stock up blue and pink during goon nodes.
    With MNMag generating red tiles with his purple you can get his red off against those goons generating additional AP, and taking out CD or ninja attack tiles too. Winfinite might be dead in higher tier PvE, but it still works very well as an easy finish to the DDQ - she is worth keeping for that alone.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not going to give any hints, but I think Mystique is going to the center of devastating combos to come. Keep her; explore.

I think Kamala's purpleflag.png is overrated. I think people are going to see that once they have a chance to play her.
  • jjfyahpowah
    jjfyahpowah Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    A little tweak to Mystique that would make shapeshift more in line with the character's action..
    There's the reveal at the end of being shapeshifted, the surprise element, that should be represented by a stun.
    Given that the countdown is 8 turns, a relatively long time, and easy to match, a two turn stun would be justified.
    One turn stun as a fallback.
    Obviously in addition to the one turn stun at the start of the power.
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Options
    It has the stuns at cover levels 2 and 5. Perhaps I am misreading what you are looking for in the power?

Shapeshift - Purple 8 purpletile.png
    Mystique changes her appearance to make her look like the target enemy, creating an 8 turn Countdown tile. While shapeshifted whenever the enemy team makes a greentile.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.png match Mystique steals 1 AP of that color.
    Level 2: Also stuns the target for 1 turn
    Level 3: Also steals 1 AP whenever the enemy team makes a Blue match
    Level 4: Also steals 1 AP whenever the enemy team makes a Purple or Black match
    Level 5: Also steals 1 AP whenever the enemy team makes a Team-Up match. Stuns for 1 additional turn
  • jjfyahpowah
    jjfyahpowah Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    esoxnepa wrote:
    It has the stuns at cover levels 2 and 5. Perhaps I am misreading what you are looking for in the power?

Yes, I'm suggesting once the 8 turn timer runs out another stun is activated.
  • peteer01
    peteer01 Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    esoxnepa wrote:

Yes, I'm suggesting once the 8 turn timer runs out another stun is activated.
    Considering she was recently nerfed and that that 8 turn timer is rarely going to run out without being matched or the game ending, it seems like it'd be a minor change that I'd be fine with. I like the idea.