*** Mystique (Raven Darkholme) ***

Options

Comments

• Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    I am loving the 4/4/5 build, have had many chances to re-spec, but not going to. Using her buffed has really shown me that she is solid, so i tried her a bit in the shield sim, and even unbuffed, one of the most fun to use.

Why 4/4/5? You **** blue and you only gain colors in a very suboptimal build. I had her 4/4/5 and can tell you going 3/5/5 is a much stronger build
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    I am loving the 4/4/5 build, have had many chances to re-spec, but not going to. Using her buffed has really shown me that she is solid, so i tried her a bit in the shield sim, and even unbuffed, one of the most fun to use.

Mine is 4/4/5 as well and I really like it. She's not a go to character for me, but she's fun to play with. Since she's normally with characters who've stronger powers in r/g/b I may go 5/3/5 for the extra stun. Using her with Hood can really power up your stuff quickly.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

Mine is 4/4/5 as well and I really like it. She's not a go to character for me, but she's fun to play with. Since she's normally with characters who've stronger powers in r/g/b I may go 5/3/5 for the extra stun. Using her with Hood can really power up your stuff quickly.
    I quite enjoy the build of 4/4/5 myself. I'm gonna move to 5/3/5 as soon as she shows up in DDQ for that 2 turn stun. Her blue, while good, can conflict with her Purple but it depends on how you use her. I've learned from the last Gamora PvP that I like my stuns at 2 or more so I'm gonna be moving characters towards that if possible and a decent AP cost.
  • Dunamis101
    Dunamis101 Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    What other characters do you guys think team well with mystique?

What are some characters that have good synergy with her?
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anyone have the numbers for how much her purple/black combo does while boosted during the current events? I'm considering maxing her but wondering if its worth it since only 1 of her abilities scales to level.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anyone have the numbers for how much her purple/black combo does while boosted during the current events? I'm considering maxing her but wondering if its worth it since only 1 of her abilities scales to level.

4437+5916 (3-5-5)
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 623 Critical Contributor
    Options

As don just posted above... it's a lot. Mine was sitting mid-levelled at 3/5/5 forever but I bit the bullet and maxed her out for The Gauntlet, and was very glad I did.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options

As don just posted above... it's a lot. Mine was sitting mid-levelled at 3/5/5 forever but I bit the bullet and maxed her out for The Gauntlet, and was very glad I did.

personally I always liked her (especially when buffed, of course!), and I think she is quite underrated.

In this event though, considering the group of weekly buffed, her purple-black is overshadowed by Cyke's one and, to an extent, by surgical strike.

She would still provide the best color coverage (the only other blue user buffed is Groot).

I am not using her that much in sentry's grand festival of health-packs, except for the occasional match, but that's just because I have all the other buffed guys maxed. Should things be different, I would definitely consider leveling her up for the event (I already did so a long time ago, I was answering the question of Gowaderacer; tl, dr: if you don't have the other buffed characters maxed or fully covered, invest the iso into MQ).
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did Mystique's AI get a recent update? Three separate times in the last day, I've eaten the Shapeshift+Masterstroke combination, cast by the AI on the same turn. In Meet Rocket PvE yesterday, it was strong enough to insta-kill two characters (needless to say I lost that node big-time), and in today's DDQ it darn near insta-killed 2* Daken (still won that fight but man).
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did Mystique's AI get a recent update? Three separate times in the last day, I've eaten the Shapeshift+Masterstroke combination, cast by the AI on the same turn.
    She's always done that, because the colors are in the right order for her to cast them consecutively.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Did Mystique's AI get a recent update? Three separate times in the last day, I've eaten the Shapeshift+Masterstroke combination, cast by the AI on the same turn. In Meet Rocket PvE yesterday, it was strong enough to insta-kill two characters (needless to say I lost that node big-time), and in today's DDQ it darn near insta-killed 2* Daken (still won that fight but man).
    nothing new
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    donietsche wrote:

personally I always liked her (especially when buffed, of course!), and I think she is quite underrated.

In this event though, considering the group of weekly buffed, her purple-black is overshadowed by Cyke's one and, to an extent, by surgical strike.

She would still provide the best color coverage (the only other blue user buffed is Groot).

I am not using her that much in sentry's grand festival of health-packs, except for the occasional match, but that's just because I have all the other buffed guys maxed. Should things be different, I would definitely consider leveling her up for the event (I already did so a long time ago, I was answering the question of Gowaderacer; tl, dr: if you don't have the other buffed characters maxed or fully covered, invest the iso into MQ).

She's pretty terrible, Dr. Doom is better in almost every instance.

If her purple sticks it can be good but that rarely happens. A lot of times you're paying 8 purple for a 1 or 2 turn stun.

On the average board her blue isn't very reliable. If you can save for a double cast you'll get results but that's 20 AP post nerf. She also messes up your red/yellow/green user if you brought a rainbow team. If the opponent has a better purple/black user you might also hurt yourself.

Her black does mediocre damage if the purple tile isn't present, though the AP sap is occasionally useful.

Her black is pretty good, blue is mediocre and purple is usually bad.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Mystique is also one of the few characters to power up a combo with maxed Professor X. Haven't used Doom for that, I imagine he runs out of juice quite fast.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/07/30/children-of-the-atom-2-mystique-3385239?lt_source=external,manual

Ever wanted to know more about the mysterious Mystique? Here is your chance! Some great bits in there, and many comic panels well worth the time to read! Her kids a bit messed up as well, but we love them all!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Mystique has been 3/5/5 for ages and I just got a purple from the season tenpack. Is it worth respecing her to 4/4/5 with an eventual 5/3/5 in mind?
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    My Mystique has been 3/5/5 for ages and I just got a purple from the season tenpack. Is it worth respecing her to 4/4/5 with an eventual 5/3/5 in mind?

originally I was for the 4/4/5 build but with her post nerf I think its more important to stay 3/5/5 nowadays because if you're using mystique, you're using her mainly for her blue and maybe the black depending on the team.

going from 9 to 6 tiles changed is a pretty hefty drop and I feel like would hurt her ability as both a black/purple battery and as a standalone fighter.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    she suck too much just use doom or fist 3/5/5 is best cuz purp is bad
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    No. The only thing she's really good for now is to use when PX is boosted and his match5's generate blue.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The main reason I am considering respecing is that level 4 Shapeshift gathers purple and black, so it would, in theory, make up for the lost tiles from Infiltration somewhat. I am also somewhat partial to long stuns. From the responses, it seems I shouldn't bother though.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    The main reason I am considering respecing is that level 4 Shapeshift gathers purple and black, so it would, in theory, make up for the lost tiles from Infiltration somewhat. I am also somewhat partial to long stuns. From the responses, it seems I shouldn't bother though.

Don't...the purple is almost always cast as an immediate precursor to black, and won't stay out long enough to collect anything worthwhile.