**** Thor (Goddess of Thunder) **** [PRE 2015-03]

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    If he weren't mutually exclusive with X-Force I'd say that's a great argument for running her and Patch together - if the enemy doesn't have special tiles, you make some for them and then use Striking Range. But Surgical on charged tiles is so good....
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    I don't know if Thor yellow is worth, especially since you only get the charged tiles against Daken.

It converts countdowns too. Hi, Sentry!

Or Patch, Punisher, Goons, Doom, Storm, HT, etc. even with Sentry strike tile icon_razz.gif

It has way more uses apart than stopping Daken. And of course, it will also do something around 2500 to the members of the enemy team (7500 hps to the other team for 11 yellow).

But of course we need to know how things are with 3 yellow and 3 blue until we know for sure which is the best configuration.

Yes, if there are special tiles then its good. If there aren't, then it's a yellow RotP. Which is still pretty good, but I'm unconvinced that its better than the charge tile stunlock/ red OHKO that she can pull off otherwise.

So you have a member of your team that can deal with strike/attack/countdown AND deal a RotP with the same power!!! And there seem to be a really big difference between 3 and 5 yellow, with 3 it seems you loose completely the RotP part of the power, so it is a big price to pay. With blue it seems you will stun probably for 2 turns and create 5 tiles, or maybe stun 3 turns and create 3 tiles, so it is a big change but maybe not that critical.

Then there is the thing that blue is very difficult to predict, yes you will probably do a ton of damage with red if you can fire it soon after blue, but maybe the other team will get a cascade and will get supercharged, and use that agaisnt you, or a SThor on the other team will fire her red against you using your own tiles. Imagine what could happen if a XForce on the other team fires Surgical Power after your blue. So it is a dangerous power, and I would say it could be even more situational than yellow.

I think you should consider this, who do you think will win if there is a fight between them? Who has the advantage? I dare to say 5/5/3
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interesting numbers for 5,3,5 combo. With 12 tiles on the board you do 2166 damage plus 5532 damage for a total of 7698 to 1 target. That would down most 3* or close to it. It would also leave one of the other 2 remaining characters stuned for 4 turns.

5,5,3 you do 1451 to all and get 5 tiles. 2166+2305 (5 tiles)+1451= 5922 to 1 person and 1451 to the other 2. This definatly works well with Patch where you do 2000 damage and add his strike tile damage. You are able to then match damage with Level 5 BR, but the problem is you need 12Y, 9G, 10R to work right away.

My first impression is 5,3,5 is more flexible and self sustaining right now, where as 5,5,3 is saying you want to run her with Patch and Hood, or as an anti Daken. Both problems are AP generation that could take a while to fire powers.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Assuming red doubles in strength like all other 4* abilities do, it's going to be 4k + 800 damage per charged tile. Blue goes from 5 to 12 tiles, meaning that a 5/5/3 blue does 4k + 800*5 = 8k damage, compared to the 5/3/5 blue of 4k + 800*12 = 13.6k damage. This is the difference between instantly killing characters such as X-Force / Sentry / Hulk, and not instantly killing them.

And yes, I get your cascade argument, but the whole point is that you control the opportunities that the enemy team has for them. Like I said earlier, you get the team down to 2 people with your other two abilities. Blue into red then kills the 2nd member of their team, with a 4 turn stun + charged tiles that you can leverage to destroy the last guy. The enemy team doesn't have any chances to use charged tiles because theres only one stunned guy out. I think "win the game if there are 2 characters left for 10 red and 9 blue" is probably going to be better than "deal 20% of the enemy team's health in damage and remove strike tiles for 12 yellow".

Of course, we need the actual numbers at 270 in order to verify if this is actually the case, but red / blue seems far more degenerate than yellow could ever be.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm thinking yellow will do between 3K to 4K AoE dmg when fully maxed and probably 1/2 that at level 4. Yellow's biggest detraction is that it only overwrites special tiles however, that can also be a positive as you can potentially get boosted AP on non-yellow,red,blue tiles, but that really only means, Fury, Sentry, Deadpool, Doc Ock, Falcon, Torch, Magneto, Spiderman, Hulk will potentially get you anything other than blue, red, yellow.

Now who is a threat that can also greatly benefit off of blue, yellow, red AP and is actually playable

Devil Dino
    Nick Fury
    Thorina
    Captain America
    Colossus
    Daken
    Deadpool
    Human Torch
    Magneto
    Sentry
    Thor

I left of X-Force and Panther, because while they do benefit a bit, it's not going to be very costly, aside from maybe Panther's strike tiles

Devil Dino wouldn't be too worrisome, but he would still hurt, Fury can cause you lots of problems as he starts dropping Demolition tiles, obviously another 4* Thor, Captain America becomes very dangerous quickly, Colossus can get annoying, Daken you will be eating lots of Chemical Reactions, Deadpool is my not sure on the list guy, but ALofT will hurt, Human Torch gets scary, especially if he destroys two charged red tiles, and gets 6 AP, Magneto becomes lethal, Sentry will be Supernovaing you soon, and obviously Thor himself likes the extra AP too.

I think the level 3 stats for yellow and blue are really going to sway me, hell, maybe even red if Smite maxes it's damage out at say level 3, but level 4 and 5 are just an increase in charged tiles created, well then I would easily go 3/5/5. Oh well, we'll find out soon enough, however all I can say is that Power Surge can really hurt you as much as help
  • Why would yellow do that much damage? It's double from 70 to 270 and her stats in are level 100 in the LR. That'd mean going to 270 should get you about 80% more damage and with those listed stats you're looking at around 2500 damage.
  • Power Surge has the potential to be bad for you, but it seems like the AI doesn't care about charged tiles if they are a low priority color which might change. Even so, it works great to take the downside out of Berserker Rage, which boosts the Damage for striking distance.

Since she only makes charged tiles in her colors, I've had a couple times where I've gotten a charged blue match out of it. Stunning 2 members is pretty much game over, especially since smite has no limit and doesn't uncharge the tiles.
  • I would like to share my personal opinion - IMHO her portrait is not nice and not matching graphic style of others. She's like girls after photoshop...
    what do you think about it?
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nick-Thor wrote:
    Dug her. Dug her powers. Charged tiles in my face. And to quote a mate "she's kinda hot."
    Season 7 get here now!

+1 since you quoted me icon_e_biggrin.gif .
    Even though you quoted me when I said "she's kinda hot", I'll be nice and won't repeat how you responded to that. icon_lol.gif

But yeah, her powers are awesome. Thorette with Xforce covers all colors except for purple. I often use Dpool for that, so I'm covered. 3 seasons, (or 90 some days), until we can get all colors. Seems like such a long wait, but she is more than worth it to me.

Hmm, I wonder if she's seeing anyone? icon_twisted.gif
  • I'd say 5/3/5 is a no brainer. Very very rarely the opposing team has 3 super relevant threats. You can blue the damage character and red the tank, and have to deal with the weakest character with the help of the first charged tile match.

People forget how long 4 turns is. 4 turns isn't "I hope this works" time, it's "now lets see what I want to do" time.
  • I would like to share my personal opinion - IMHO her portrait is not nice and not matching graphic style of others. She's like girls after photoshop...
    what do you think about it?

I love how she looks in the selection screen. Straight up kickass warrior, no stockings and high heel boots like all the other women in this game
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have gotten to do 2 lightning rounds and took 2nd twice. Patch, Daken combo has been a good combo for me. I feel like I should run her with Hood to speed things up though as I wait for 9G, 9B, 10 R to destroy the other team.
    But yeah, her powers are awesome. Thorette with Xforce covers all colors except for purple. I often use Dpool for that, so I'm covered. 3 seasons, (or 90 some days), until we can get all colors. Seems like such a long wait, but she is more than worth it to me.

She will probably be part of the 1300 reward after season 7. She will probably have an offical release in Season 8.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    I have gotten to do 2 lightning rounds and took 2nd twice. Patch, Daken combo has been a good combo for me. I feel like I should run her with Hood to speed things up though as I wait for 9G, 9B, 10 R to destroy the other team.

She will probably be part of the 1300 reward after season 7. She will probably have an offical release in Season 8.

An official release in a PvE, like other characters, just doesn't seem right to me. Don't get me wrong, I would love an official PvE release. But I'm thinking it will be more like Fury's release. One color given to the top 100 alliances for the next 3 seasons.  Then after that, Thorette will be the 1300 reward, or #1 rank award like Fury is now.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Hmm, I wonder if she's seeing anyone? icon_twisted.gif
    Through those tiny eye tunnels in her helmet? Unlikely.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I'll go up against a 270 XFW or NF, but if I see a 270 Lady Thor I'm hitting skip. Tons of health and those charged tiles fuel her powers much faster than Thunder Strike fuels CoTS
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    These LRs have been AMAZEBALLS!! Goddess is super fun! Love the special tile deletion from the yellow. It's a better version of Loki!! icon_lol.gif but also, this is exactly how they should run the PVPs as well!!!! Give us a loaner with maxed covers at level 80 or 60 or whatever. But I'm having so much fun with these! Now if I could just stop getting 2 star.pngs for my cover rewards, that'd be GREAT!
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll "go nuts" and say her name is not Lady Thor. It's actually specifically not Lady Thor - not even a little. (See the Marvel announcement about her character.)

But yeah, 4* Thor is pretty cool. I also think the double-edged charged tiles are an interesting new twist. And yes: she is 10x better than anyone I can field, so I'm just using her to smash the other teams completely.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Updated OP with full base level stats.
  • With real stats, I'm saying 4/5/4. Reasoning is this: 12 charged tiles means the enemy is getting some, and the yellow doesn't have that much of a drop off between 5 and 4. Real experience might change this in several months, but that's what my gut says.

Admittedly, this may be completely academic, because I have trouble imagining I'll have a usable one before mid-2015.

Edited to add: given the interaction between the red and blue, I could see 5/3/5 if you're going to focus on blue followed by red. But there are lower-AP ways to do that much damage to a single target.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The difference between level 3 and level 5 Smite is 1600 base damage and ~300 damage per charged tile at level 270. Dropping to level 4 costs you about 700 base damage and 80 damage per tile. Meanwhile, the extra 7 tiles from a level 5 blue translates to 3066 extra damage at level 3 red, 4480 at level 4, and 5110 damage at level 5. So level 5 for Power Surge is absolutely mandatory, and IMO you want at least level 4 on Striking Distance so it can clear countdowns, but YMMV on that one.
This discussion has been closed.