**** Thor (Goddess of Thunder) **** [PRE 2015-03]

Options

Comments

• Lightning Rounds every 2 hours during Balance of Power, yes please. She is way more fun to play, Blue stun to Yellow and finish with red, and her powers are cheap too. Anniversary Tokens means these events are going to be a bloodbath though....
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    5/5/3 easily.

It doesn't look like any ability consumes the Charged tiles. So if she gets rolling, Red could be a crazy big finishes, since it damages based off how many Charged tiles are up.

Blue 5 for 12 Charged tiles into Red damage would be a huge combo, but 5 yellow looks too good for team damage.

naw man 3/5/5 and pair with patch, berserker rage into striking distance and max blue for a long lockdown with dropping a ton of charge tile to power up the red anyway.

personally to me power surge seems like her best move as its the cheapest and can really get your AP rolling.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm leaning towards 3/5/5 myself. Like Best There Is, Smite very well could be a game ender even when at level 3, especially if the board is full of charge tiles thanks to Power Surge & Striking Distance. The upgraded number of tiles for Power Surge from 4 to 5 is insane!

GOOD JOB D3. This is how a character should look, with a real advantage to any style of build.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've noticed the charged tiles say they do triple damage and triple AP when either team shatters them -- does this mean something like xforce's green will activate the charged tiles? That would be quite an awesome pairing then
  • eidehua wrote:
    I've noticed the charged tiles say they do triple damage and triple AP when either team shatters them -- does this mean something like xforce's green will activate the charged tiles? That would be quite an awesome pairing then

Destroy tile effects that do not generate AP still won't generate AP. I haven't tried the case where if you used Surgical Strike to destroy a charged tile. Guess I'll play a few more games than usual to test that.
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    She also pairs nicely with Patch. Her Yellow is an almost substitute for Loki's Black following a Patch green attack.
  • uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    Just wish she wasn't legendary so that most of us would be able to field her before 24 months pass. :p
  • nimvin
    nimvin Posts: 81
    Options
    Wow. Shes a beast at lvl 100. Shudder to think what hard capped thor-ess will be like.
  • Charged tiles destroyed by Surgical Strike do generate triple AP.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2014
    Options
    My guess is she'll be the #2 character in the game after Sentry. 5 blue looks to be best -- it's MBW's stun with a great added bonus that works well with a stunned enemy. I'm leaning towards 5/3/5.

edit: after playing around a bit, Power Surge really is great. Against a single enemy it's easy to regain 9 blue with the charge tiles to stunlock them. Plus you don't need to level her at all to use it, since levels don't affect it.
  • My guess is she'll be the #2 character in the game after Sentry. 5 blue looks to be best -- it's MBW's stun with a great added bonus that works well with a stunned enemy. I'm leaning towards 5/3/5.

X Force is still significantly better.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    nimvin wrote:
    Wow. Shes a beast at lvl 100. Shudder to think what hard capped thor-ess will be like.

Yeah, even the "seed" teams pack some punch with her.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's not nice to be on the other end of her when she goes from one power to the next to the next and you are just sitting there going, oh no... Lost a few of those LR's because of that.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i am definitely going 5/3/5 for her, 5 blue is a must since the difference between 4 and 5 in an extra turn and more than double the amount of charge tiles, and if your surgical strike destroy's charged tiles it does give triple AP, just did that in the LR and destroyed somewhere between 7-10 yellow tiles and got 21 ap out of it cause there were 3 charged tiles.
  • I entered the LIghtning Round half asleep, so I was just matching tiles and could not realize if she's good or bad.

Glad to read she's good. I still can't tell. lol
  • I actually like her better than xforce. I assume her health will be much higher, and she has utility AND huge damage - sustainable, no less. The charged tile thing can be pretty random though.

Yellow's animation is pretty **** btw
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks to the developers who decided to give her to us decked out. We all got a good feel for her, and even at lvl 100 she cannot be underestimated. Do no let her get red if there are charge tiles on the board. It hurts. Bad.

There seems to be a trend oriented towards anti-special tiles too. She does it very well though with her charged tiles.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Even though I REALLY like her yellow (It's like skipping the whole 'get 14 green' step of the cts combo PLUS the kind of special tail destruction that cmarv should have), I'm thinking 5/3/5 as well. as it is the blue->red combo is doing some pretty sick damage, doubling the damage and making the blue generate 7 more tiles should make it almost a 1hko
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Charged tiles destroyed by Surgical Strike do generate triple AP.

icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gif

I have paired her with XForce and Daken, and they play very well together, once people have her at 222+ lvl she is going to be a beast. And she is very fun to play with, I think this is very important, it reminds me a lot about Thor (wich is very good). I think for me she could be #2 (just after XForce).

PS: She on the other hand is very dangerous to play against herself. You could fill the board with charged tiles to get a red in your face and get killed with you own charges.
  • She's also much, much worse in defense than offense. The computer doesn't know not to use blue on a support character and let you match gaining tons of ap, and it uses yellow before any special tiles are down. For climbing she's a beast and there's a decent chance she'll be in the final teamhopping 2.0 composition after the sentry nerf, but xforce is MUCH better on def.
This discussion has been closed.