**** Thor (Goddess of Thunder) **** [PRE 2015-03]

Options

Comments

• Lacydog69
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    She's also much, much worse in defense than offense. The computer doesn't know not to use blue on a support character and let you match gaining tons of ap, and it uses yellow before any special tiles are down. For climbing she's a beast and there's a decent chance she'll be in the final teamhopping 2.0 composition after the sentry nerf, but xforce is MUCH better on def.

Why_not_both.jpg

I can see the two of them together like peas in a pod, and they cover nearly all the colors except for Purple.
  • do we know her maxed stats yet? agree that she's looking pretty awesome at just lvl100

not too crazy about her art though. i mean, her animations are so quick you cant get a good look at her. and smite, being her power move, should have more motion in the animation or something, instead she just stands there...
  • do we know her maxed stats yet?
    Expecting a little under double what she has at level 100 would probably be about right.

Might be a good idea to extend cover-maxed loaner characters (or at least more than 1/0/0) to other PvPs
  • She works well with patch. Her yellow gets rid of some of opponents strike tiles that berserker generates and berserker plus smite is deadly
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just want to do a happy dance because there's finally a usable character who counters strike tiles.

Edit: As far as build, 3/5/5 looks fantastic now, but it depends on how much damage Smite will do per charged tile at level 3. Her other skills have such huge jumps at level 5 that it seems a bit naive to assume that Smite will get anywhere close to 500 damage per tile with two fewer covers. If it's more like 100 per at that level, 4/4/5 or something along those lines will look a lot better.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    With her as the featured character for the LRs, it's easy to notice the double-edged sword effect of fielding a Goddess against another Goddess - you both benefit from each others' charged tiles, so you're stuck between wanting more of them so you can finish the match with a well-timed Smite, or abstaining from using your abilities to prevent her from doing the same.

She's a killer on health though; I'm seeing a lot of Hulk and Devil Dino out there...
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not quite sure on how to build her.

5 red seems like the only one that is for sure.

5 yellow allows you to do really good AoE damage

5 blue allows you to create massive amounts of charaged tiles.

I love it when they make a multiple option build.

I see merits with both 5/5/3 which would be the max damage maker

and 5/3/5 the max charged tile creator

Pros: 5/5/3
    Best Damage
    Able to destroy attack, CD, and defense tiles
    allows you to create charged tiles on non blue,yellow, red tiles

Cons:
    If not 5 special tiles out you are wasting your skill
    Cannot pump red up as much or as quickly as blue
    Slower in general

Pros: 5/3/5
    Best at creating charged tiles
    Greatly speeds matches up
    can allow red to deal massive amounts of damage

Cons:
    Helps out the enemy as much as you
    less overall damage output since you rely compeletly on red

Basically the build comes down to your evaluation of her blue. Because lets face it, it's a double edge sword, it helps you out slightly more than the enemy just because as long as you have Thor **** out you can use the red.yellow.blue. But if they have anyone that also can use it, you are accelerating them as much as yourself, however the combination of blue followed by red is very hard to ignore. I'm very torn on this one. I see the merits of both, and 5/4/4 isn't bad either, it just seems you might be better served going 5 in either yellow or blue. I think I"m leaning 5/5/3 just for the fact that 5 blue into 5 red seems likes a bit overkill for a single target, and a lot of AP to set up, in addition I am very scared, as it already happened to me in the LR where the AI cascades and picks up loads of AP to finish me off. However, all that AP blue creates is just so inticing and the fact you can stun the biggest threat for 4 turns while quickly reloading your blue also has strong merits to it as well. I would like to see the final number on yellow to see what the max damage would be for AoE. If it does 2.5K to all, that's gonna be very hard to pass up.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2014
    Options
    She keeps one-shotting my level 140 HT. She's PRETTY GOOD. Plus, we finally have a good partner for Patch again. Striking Distance makes Berserker Rage insane! Drop a mess of strike tiles, turn most of them into charge tiles and deal massive AOE (boosted by the 1k strike tiles you just dropped).
  • Loving her so far. I actually use her more than my own chars I bring in the game. She certainly is there to take the win. If blue goes off and then red one too, it's GG. Definitely deserves her 4* rank and she will be breaking bones when someone get's to level her.
  • OMG. She is a beast. Love the triple AP from charged tiles.

She's a beast
    I call her Karma
    She eat your heart out
    Like Jeffrey Dahmer
    Be careful
    Try not to lead her on
    Shawty's heart was on steroids
    'Cause her love was so strong
    You may fall in love
    When you meet her
    If you get the chance you better keep her
    She's sweet as pie, but if you break her heart
    She'll turn cold as a freezer
    Woo! Damn I think I love her
    Shawty so bad
    I'm sprung and I don't care
    Her love is like a drug
    I was tryna hit it and quit it
    But lil' mama so dope
    I messed around and got addicted
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ludaa wrote:
    Anyone see this yet? http://www.idigitaltimes.com/marvel-puz ... york-comic

So what about the new Thor: Goddess of Thunder? Well, according to Fletcher she is going to be a game-changer...literally.

“She has three abilities. She uses green, yellow and blue, which are different from what Thor Odinson uses.” Fletcher said. “Her abilities work similar to the other Thor in that they complement off each other but she uses a new mechanic called Charged Tiles.”

WHO IN THE WORLD WAS DOING THIS INTERVIEW?!?!

As we can all see now, 4* Thor has Red, Yellow, Blue: NOT Green, Yellow, Blue!

Anyone else feel cheated by this? I didn't ask for ANOTHER Red, Yellow, Blue character. We already have 2 Iron Men, 2 Captain America's, & have even lost C.Mags to the R,Y,B team.

G,Y,B gets C.Storm (only 2 active skills), Beast, & Invisible Woman? Which of these groups could use the awesomeness of 4*Thor more?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For me 5/5/3 is the way to go.

The difference in damage (allmost double damage from 4 yellow) and in the number of special tiles transformed is good enough to compensate for the difference of tiles transformed with blue. Maybe if she is not very popular (which i doubt) 5/3/5 could be a possible build, but If you kepp fighting against yourself blue could be a liability.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Not quite sure on how to build her.

5 red seems like the only one that is for sure.

5 yellow allows you to do really good AoE damage

5 blue allows you to create massive amounts of charaged tiles.

I love it when they make a multiple option build.

I see merits with both 5/5/3 which would be the max damage maker

and 5/3/5 the max charged tile creator

Pros: 5/5/3
    Best Damage
    Able to destroy attack, CD, and defense tiles
    allows you to create charged tiles on non blue,yellow, red tiles

Cons:
    If not 5 special tiles out you are wasting your skill
    Cannot pump red up as much or as quickly as blue
    Slower in general

Pros: 5/3/5
    Best at creating charged tiles
    Greatly speeds matches up
    can allow red to deal massive amounts of damage

Cons:
    Helps out the enemy as much as you
    less overall damage output since you rely compeletly on red

Basically the build comes down to your evaluation of her blue. Because lets face it, it's a double edge sword, it helps you out slightly more than the enemy just because as long as you have Thor **** out you can use the red.yellow.blue. But if they have anyone that also can use it, you are accelerating them as much as yourself, however the combination of blue followed by red is very hard to ignore. I'm very torn on this one. I see the merits of both, and 5/4/4 isn't bad either, it just seems you might be better served going 5 in either yellow or blue. I think I"m leaning 5/5/3 just for the fact that 5 blue into 5 red seems likes a bit overkill for a single target, and a lot of AP to set up, in addition I am very scared, as it already happened to me in the LR where the AI cascades and picks up loads of AP to finish me off. However, all that AP blue creates is just so inticing and the fact you can stun the biggest threat for 4 turns while quickly reloading your blue also has strong merits to it as well. I would like to see the final number on yellow to see what the max damage would be for AoE. If it does 2.5K to all, that's gonna be very hard to pass up.

Long term, if more characters are creating/using charge tiles, the extra 7 extra tiles at 5 Blue becomes less important. The LR also shows the danger of having an opponent AI who is able to collect 3x AP off a charged tile you created. I'd probably go 5/5/3.

Query: does the 3x damage/AP only apply if its a thor symbol? Like if I charge a blue tile and match it, but my MNMags is the stronger blue, does it still collect 3x? It seemed that way in limited LR usage...
  • I think we need to see the 3s to be sure - if one skill doesn't change significantly (I could see blue being that way, more likely than the others) I could see going 5/5/3 being a no-brainer. One the other hand, if 3-4 is a major change, that might not be the case.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The thing about 5 blue though, is that it has potential for some extremely degenerate things to go down (aka, stunlock the enemy team). The way I see Thor being played, you take out 1 member of the team with your other characters, then you stun one member of the enemy team and smite the unstunned guy for 10k+ damage. Now you have 1 stunned guy on their team, and a ridiculous amount of AP to get with charged tiles to keep on stunning them. Having a character that basically wins you the game with 10 red and 9 blue once you kill one of their guys seems pretty damn good. With the way the metagame is shifting (basically all characters with 10k+ health), I don't know if Thor yellow is worth, especially since you only get the charged tiles against Daken.
  • I need to know how much damage smite does per charge at level 3 before i can comment on best builds. If blue and yellow can make SO many more charge tiles at 5 it may still be game over with 3 red. Yellow being anti-all special tiles in a big way and blue being such a good stun for cheap 3/5/5 might still be highly PVP viable but also be the new queen of PVE.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't know if Thor yellow is worth, especially since you only get the charged tiles against Daken.

It converts countdowns too. Hi, Sentry!
  • The thing about 5 blue though, is that it has potential for some extremely degenerate things to go down (aka, stunlock the enemy team). The way I see Thor being played, you take out 1 member of the team with your other characters, then you stun one member of the enemy team and smite the unstunned guy for 10k+ damage. Now you have 1 stunned guy on their team, and a ridiculous amount of AP to get with charged tiles to keep on stunning them. Having a character that basically wins you the game with 10 red and 9 blue once you kill one of their guys seems pretty damn good. With the way the metagame is shifting (basically all characters with 10k+ health), I don't know if Thor yellow is worth, especially since you only get the charged tiles against Daken.

It takes 4 red matches + 3 blue matches to do a Power Surge + Smite. Sentry can usually kill an entire team for 2X3 match moves. X Force can nearly certain kill a guy with Surgical Strike (4 match) + X Force (3 match) without worrying about charged tiles hurting yourself. And even if you drop further from the power list, Rage of the Panther + Battleplan or Thunder Strike + Call the Storm (it's roughly a 3 match move considering the free green you get from Thunder Strike) all generally do better than killing one guy. Yes you do get to stun the last guy, but charged tiles aren't enough for a stunlock with a 9 blue AP unless the board is already generous in blue tiles and once that guy gets out of the stun, the charged tile is seriously in favor of the last guy because charged tiles favor the underdog and it doesn't get more underdog than a 1on3. That is, at this point under all normal circumstances the team with the 3 should have it won comfortably, so any additional advantage for charged tile is overkill, but the team with the 1 has nothing to lose so it has plenty to gain if it got lucky with the charged tiles that are left.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I don't know if Thor yellow is worth, especially since you only get the charged tiles against Daken.

Or Patch, Punisher, Goons, Doom, Storm, HT, etc. even with Sentry strike tile icon_razz.gif

It has way more uses apart than stopping Daken. And of course, it will also do something around 2500 to the members of the enemy team (7500 hps to the other team for 11 yellow).

But of course we need to know how things are with 3 yellow and 3 blue until we know for sure which is the best build.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:

Or Patch, Punisher, Goons, Doom, Storm, HT, etc. even with Sentry strike tile icon_razz.gif

It has way more uses apart than stopping Daken. And of course, it will also do something around 2500 to the members of the enemy team (7500 hps to the other team for 11 yellow).

But of course we need to know how things are with 3 yellow and 3 blue until we know for sure which is the best configuration.

Yes, if there are special tiles then its good. If there aren't, then it's a yellow RotP. Which is still pretty good, but I'm unconvinced that its better than the charge tile stunlock/ red OHKO that she can pull off otherwise.
This discussion has been closed.