**** Thor (Goddess of Thunder) **** [PRE 2015-03]

Options

Comments

• Pwuz_ wrote:
    unbemator wrote:

I don't see anything. What am I missing? Is it because she needs to use two hands?
    I see a woman with very unproportional legs and arms of a man, holding a hammer.

IF she were a man, holding "something" in that manner, what might be implied?

I'm trying not to spell this out too explicitly, but for those who can't guess:
    hC9CB2891

Woohoo! I just got an email from the internet. The internet says my post is the 1,000,000,000th showing sarcasm doesn't translate well in text form. Joy.

Less subtlety next time. Try this:

thats-a-****.gif
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    unbemator wrote:
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    marvel-thor-issue-1g.jpg

Wait, no one opted for Thor holding her hammer in a suggestive manner?

I don't see anything. What am I missing? Is it because she needs to use two hands?
    I see a woman with very unproportional legs and arms of a man, holding a hammer.

IF she were a man, holding "something" in that manner, what might be implied?

I'm trying not to spell this out too explicitly, but for those who can't guess:
    hC9CB2891

You lot are all so immature!

+1's for everybody.
  • ...Can we please stop with the boob (and ****) jokes? We're finally getting a tanky female character and everyone's reaction is "hahaha ****." Seriously?? Very mature.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    rvs623 wrote:
    ...Can we please stop with the boob (and ****) jokes? We're finally getting a tanky female character and everyone's reaction is "hahaha ****." Seriously?? Very mature.
    She-Hulk and Captain Marvel not tanky enough? I know Shulkie sucks and Cap suicides to be useful, but still.
  • rvs623 wrote:
    ...Can we please stop with the boob (and ****) jokes? We're finally getting a tanky female character and everyone's reaction is "hahaha ****." Seriously?? Very mature.
    The **** shaped armor plating on the variant cover is ridiculous and easy to poke fun of. After all, people enjoy sex jokes with both sexes, eg like with the Legolas image earlier in the thread (hidden). The other odd part is that it is female Thor, which can be controversial enough. I don't mind it myself, but others might see this as a lazy way to get free marketing at the expense of the Comics Universe... there's already a thread about it in the forums elsewhere. Personally, I'd rather see a female Captain America, but then heads might really explode.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    rvs623 wrote:
    The **** shaped armor plating on the variant cover is ridiculous and easy to poke fun of. After all, people enjoy sex jokes with both sexes, eg like with the Legolas image earlier in the thread (hidden). The other odd part is that it is female Thor, which can be controversial enough. I don't mind it myself, but others might see this as a lazy way to get free marketing at the expense of the Comics Universe... there's already a thread about it in the forums elsewhere. Personally, I'd rather see a female Captain America, but then heads might really explode.

Honestly I thought the cover with her holding her hammer was a joke by the artist directed against those sexist individuals who think that Thor can't be a woman.
  • Professa D
    Options
    purpleflag.png DAMAGE purpleflag.png DAMAGE purpleflag.png DAMAGE PLEASE!!!!!!!!! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Holy **** they still managed to give her boob armor.

For those that don't know boob armor would crack the woman's sternum if pretty much any part of the front of the upper torso is hit, which is why it was never ever worn in combat by anyone in the real world.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If Devil Dino gets over 19,000 health then 4* Thor (she has the power of Thor but shouldn't be named Thor, look at Beta Ray Bill for example) should have over 16,000 health no problem. Watch the devs screw up again and make her health super weak like almost all the other female heroes.

Edit: the inscription says the wielder will have the power of Thor though. Thor is actually a person. But I get what you are saying CrookedKnight.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beta Ray Bill was called Thor (well, Beta Ray Thor) when he held Mjolnir. If you wield the power of Thor through the hammer of Thor, you're called Thor, even though Thor Odinson, who does not have the power of Thor anymore, is still called Thor. Asgard needs nametags.
  • fsentell wrote:
    If Devil Dino gets over 19,000 health then 4* Thor (she has the power of Thor but shouldn't be named Thor, look at Beta Ray Bill for example) should have over 16,000 health no problem. Watch the devs screw up again and make her health super weak like almost all the other female heroes.

Edit: the inscription says the wielder will have the power of Thor though. Thor is actually a person. But I get what you are saying CrookedKnight.

Marvel has said explicitly that she is Thor. Not Lady Thor or Thorina, but Thor.
  • Which is weird. I know whoever holds mjolnir has "the power of" thor, but that doesn't make them thor. Plenty of non-thor people have held the hammer before.
  • theshadeofopal
    theshadeofopal Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Can we all agree on thora instead of thorina. It's an actual name, feminine with sounding condescending or stupid, and most importantly, shorter.
  • Lacydog69
    Options
    Can we all agree on thora instead of thorina. It's an actual name, feminine with sounding condescending or stupid, and most importantly, shorter.

I am quite partial to Thorbalina
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Only if we can call Boy Thor "Thoro."
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Her name is Thor. It's not that hard to understand, and to be honest it's not like there aren't crazy name switches and all kinds of similar stuff that hasn't happened like a thousand times before. It's comic books.

In the game she's 4* Thor. And like the devs said, she correctly cannot be used with 3* Thor or 2* Thor in the same battle. (But you know there will be some simulator thing that will happen at some point...)
  • Looking at what she's doing in that picture I'm not suprised she's a bit thor.
  • loroku wrote:
    Her name is Thor. It's not that hard to understand, and to be honest it's not like there aren't crazy name switches and all kinds of similar stuff that hasn't happened like a thousand times before. It's comic books.

In the game she's 4* Thor. And like the devs said, she correctly cannot be used with 3* Thor or 2* Thor in the same battle. (But you know there will be some simulator thing that will happen at some point...)

Comic Logic... icon_e_ugeek.gificon_neutral.gif
  • She will likely use the same icon_thor.png icon as well. Thor is already pretty short, so not sure why you want to shorten it. Either GT (note: Goddess of Thunder, NOT Girl Thor), or TGT are shorter. They are the same character.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "4* Thor" works, too.
This discussion has been closed.