'Marvel Puzzle Quest' 1-Year Anniversary Celebration!

Options

Comments

• IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think they are just waiting until the 62 update. There might be a few "unannounced" gifts in there. Or they could be waiting until next week. Either way, I don't think this is it.
    (c'mon D3, don't make me look like a fool here, make me be right about this icon_e_confused.gif )
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thinking better about it all, I think the biggest problem lies on the way they hyped the anniversary for over a month. They really made it sound as though something awesome and out of the norm "once-in-a-year" was happening. If they remained shushed about it and yesterday had gone all of a sudden "hey guys, guess what? MPQ is a year today! To commemorate this momentous occasion we are revealing not one, but two new star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png including the much requested Devil Dino!!" no expectations would have been raised and no disappointment garnered. It would have been a cool little surprise, positive because novel and unexpected.
  • introducing 2 new characters over the next month IS NOT a prize, heck they have been announcing new characters every 2-3 weeks for a while now, if anything its just the norm, this is just a continuation of bad customer service and lack of rewarding longtime players/ daily players and I hope more players come here and announce their displeasure, make your voices heard here people
  • Not sure why ANYONE is surprised by how this "celebration" turned out.
    Screw you, D3.
  • I think they are just waiting until the 62 update. There might be a few "unannounced" gifts in there. Or they could be waiting until next week. Either way, I don't think this is it.
    (c'mon D3, don't make me look like a fool here, make me be right about this icon_e_confused.gif )
    Then why make such a big deal about it. My pet iguana turn 2 3/4th years old. We had a bigger celebration for that than all of MPQ.
    It's not like they found out yesterday that the 1 year anniversary is coming up. They knew at least a year in advance. They could've scheduled the Update for the Annniversary.

The overall experience was just terrible. If nothing is happening I don't care about it. I'm sure the office had a drink or two but the players didn't see anything.

At this point the anniversary gifts and the anniversary itself are 2 separate entities. Regardless of how good the gifts are going to be, the anniversary will still have been terrible.

Thumbs down Demiurge, you blew it.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    edited October 2014
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Thanks for being here with us as we celebrate! Enjoy a slice of virtual cake and grab a glass o' punch on us.*

*"Virtual cake" and "glass o' punch" not included.

This is what D3 doesn't understand. I think maybe since the cake and punch are virtual, and they control the bits and bytes that can easily create said cake and punch in whatever quantity they choose, they should probably include some cake and punch (ISO, HP, tokens, covers) for their players eh?

The "privilege" of paying 10 dollars for 2 more roster slots isn't exactly what I'd call a celebration.

Editing some additional thoughts on here:
    If the anniversary pack is a 10 pack with a guaranteed Devil Dino cover and an increased chance of 3*/4* pulls, and people were automatically gifted somewhere between 3 and 6 of these 10 packs along with 50K ISO and 2 roster slots, I'd say that might be a nice way to celebrate the anniversary and show fan appreciation. Perhaps also an ISO/HP sale to make buying more anniversary packs and leveling up those new characters easier.

I'm gonna hope for that, but I'm guessing that instead the Anniversary pack is just another pack you can buy that has a featured character's % chance at Devil Dino. That's pretty horrible.

This is the difference between "Hey give us more money for a special limited time pack so that you can later give us even MORE money to level up the covers of the new guy and buy him another roster slot!" versus "Hey we gave everyone the starting covers for a new guy and some free stuff. If you want, you can pay more money to make the new guy even better by leveling up his covers too, otherwise enjoy the free stuff!"

What a massive opportunity for goodwill squandered. Especially when it would have barely taken anything to turn this into a positive experience all around.
  • Raffoon wrote:
    6 of these 10 packs along with 50K ISO and 2 roster slots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgSIrvddlQU

Anniversary pack will likely have dino plus a little bit of stuff. I wouldn't expect more than 5k Iso.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:
    Raffoon wrote:
    6 of these 10 packs along with 50K ISO and 2 roster slots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgSIrvddlQU

Anniversary pack will likely have dino plus a little bit of stuff. I wouldn't expect more than 5k Iso.

Hey, it's the anniversary right? This is the time to dazzle the players and show how much they're appreciated!

Sorry, I must be too used to Gazillion's team on Marvel Heroes.

They:

-Interact with the community daily
    -Almost drop too much extra loot for their players when they celebrate big events and holidays
    -Run smaller events with bonus loot weekly
    -Literally gave their playerbase an extra item storage page and filled it with the best quality loot to celebrate their last anniversary

Come to think of it, I'm gonna take that next 100 bucks I was thinking of spending on Puzzle Quest and spend it on their advance pack instead. I love Gazillion.
  • These are exactly the messages I was trying to convey in my disappointed post. I was NEVER one of the people that just said flat out "D3 doesn't care about the players", and now that has changed.

Perhaps in their eyes, they ARE taking care of us. By releasing a bunch of new characters, they are giving us new toys. Maybe.

But so much goes on in these forums. For a month we had facebook polls, which lead to many topics regarding the anniversary, which contained many ideas and speculation. For absolutely NOTHING to be done on October 3rd, the following had to happen.

1) No one in the ENTIRE company thought for one minute giving the players (who helped them get through year one so they can have a damn anniversary to begin with) a gift on anniversary day was a good idea. - FAIL
    2) No one in the ENTIRE company read AND comprehended any forum post in which positive speculation about anniversary day existed, which would have changed the outcome of #1 above. - FAIL
    3) The first posts saying nothing has appeared for the anniversary came more than 12 hours before the end of the day. No one in the ENTIRE company cared enough about these posts to throw together a damn POPUP that says "Happy Anniversary and thanks for supporting Marvel Puzzle Quest" Seriously? Not even a popup? - FAIL

Let me be clear. This is not about gifts. This is the fact that they hyped up an event (even if they didn't mean to icon_rolleyes.gif ) and got the ENTIRE player base excited (those who use the forums and/or facebook anyways) and then did nothing. It's so mind boggling to me that for the first time I am considering just moving on to another game or a good book. My heart is not quite in it yet, as I still love the game and its untapped potential.
  • They already said there will be an anniversary pack for everybody with a Devil Dino.
    The real fail is that they couldn't get their stuff together to release it on the third.

What's the point of releasing the anniversary pack a week after the anniversary. I don't get it. I don't think anybody does. I'm over it.
  • PPPlaya wrote:
    What's the point of releasing the anniversary pack a week after the anniversary. I don't get it. I don't think anybody does. I'm over it.

You know, I agree. I'm done with this. I'll show you my almost fully covered Devil Dino at the 2nd Anniversary, if we are all still around.
  • PPPlaya wrote:
    They already said there will be an anniversary pack for everybody with a Devil Dino.
    The real fail is that they couldn't get their stuff together to release it on the third.

link to this please, ive only seen an announcement of him being a daily reward for a full year
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]Celebrating The 1-Year Anniversary Of 'Marvel Puzzle Quest'!

Greetings, faithful forum folks!

We are pleased to announce that tomorrow (October 3) Marvel Puzzle Quest will be celebrating its 1-Year Anniversary! Twelve action-packed months ago MPQ made its worldwide debut on the App Store and Google Play.

To commemorate, we can now reveal that Marvel Puzzle Quest will be the first Marvel video game to feature the brand new character, Thor: Goddess of Thunder. Thor: Goddess of Thunder will be first available as a Season VII reward, and all players can test her powers in battle starting on October 17.

But wait - there's more! What celebration would be complete without Devil Dinosaur? Not a single one, I tell you! Fan-requested Devil Dinosaur joins MPQ as a playable character via an Anniversary Pack and as a daily reward for Day 365 players starting on October 8th. In addition, in the days leading to the Thor: Goddess of Thunder reveal, we will be featuring fan-favorite in-game events based on the community polls many of you recently participated in.

New York Comic Con Attendees (October 9 – 12) will want to come by booth #347 and enter our free raffle contest for a chance at winning in-game rewards. (More news on NYCC coming soon).

Last, but not least, new players who download Marvel Puzzle Quest now through October 18, will receive bonus Iso-8 resources! If you've been trying to get your significant other, friend or family member to jump into the game - now is a great time!

Thanks for being here with us as we celebrate! Enjoy a slice of virtual cake and grab a glass o' punch on us.*

*"Virtual cake" and "glass o' punch" not included.
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Packs are items to be purchased.

So, for the anniversary you have the opportunity to spend big buck$ for a 42 Pack with a 4.5% chance to get Devil Dino. icon_e_confused.gif
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it makes much more sense to give the anniversary gift as the day 365 reward. Better than giving people who have been playing since the beginning the same gift as someone playing one week.

They should also take note of everyone complaining and not give them no dino. That's how I deal with my kids when they whine.
  • Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I guess I'm confused about all the angst occurring. By the section quoted below, I was always expecting the celebration of the anniversary to occur starting October 10th, I thought that was relatively clear from all the facebook polls. I had never expected anything to happen October 3rd, other than my 22nd wedding anniversary (which my wife will never know I remembered thanks to D3!).
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    "You selected it so today's poll will let you choose your favorite character-based Marvel Puzzle Quest Versus Tournament. Vote for your favorite and staring on October 10th, we will showcase it along with other fan selected tournaments during a special week celebrating our 1-Year Anniversary."
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

'Thanks for voting in the Character-Based Versus Tournament poll on Facebook! Polls have now closed and the final results are in.

"The Deadpool Versus Tournament is the winner and will be featured with Balance of Power and Combined Arms in the fan-selected Versus Tournaments starting on October 10th."
  • scottee wrote:
    I think it makes much more sense to give the anniversary gift as the day 365 reward. Better than giving people who have been playing since the beginning the same gift as someone playing one week.

They should also take note of everyone complaining and not give them no dino. That's how I deal with my kids when they whine.

If you get your kids hyped up for something and then don't deliver out of APATHY then you are a bad parent. Compound this by taking their toys away, then WOW!

Don't get me wrong, I have kids of my own. Life has changed plans and I was unable to deliver on a promise. But I talked to my kids and did my best to explain why. So let's take your extremely rude analogy and apply it to our current situation.

This forum has visitation from several developers and a community manager. The forums are filled with concerns about the anniversary, ranging from confused to furious. Regardless of whether you feel the complaints are warranted, wouldn't it be a good idea to have ONE post saying something along the lines of "We apologize for any confusion about events occurring on October 3rd. While we did state that anniversary tokens and other anniversary events would begin on October 8th, we understand that some of our players had expectations that were not met. We hope to be clearer in the future. Thank you for being a part of the MPQ community"

Or something like this. Like it or not, they got the community hyped up. And the funny thing is, most of the confusion/disappointment/anger would have been avoided with a simple popup on October 3rd that read something like this:

"MPQ turns 1 today. Stay tuned as next week we celebrate the one year anniversary of MPQ and release not 1, but 2 new legendary characters. Go to http://www.d3pforums.com for more information."

So what you call whining, I call disappointment at a wasted opportunity. Not for a lack of free stuff (which is always cool) but for the lack of ANYTHING. I repeat, if I would have read the above popup yesterday, then would have been on the other side of the fence telling people to be patient. What in this whole scenario shows any consideration for their player base?
  • scottee
    Options
    scottee wrote:

If you get your kids hyped up for something and then don't deliver out of APATHY then you are a bad parent. Compound this by taking their toys away, then WOW!

Don't get me wrong, I have kids of my own. Life has changed plans and I was unable to deliver on a promise. But I talked to my kids and did my best to explain why. So let's take your extremely rude analogy and apply it to our current situation.

This forum has visitation from several developers and a community manager. The forums are filled with concerns about the anniversary, ranging from confused to furious. Regardless of whether you feel the complaints are warranted, wouldn't it be a good idea to have ONE post saying something along the lines of "We apologize for any confusion about events occurring on October 3rd. While we did state that anniversary tokens and other anniversary events would begin on October 8th, we understand that some of our players had expectations that were not met. We hope to be clearer in the future. Thank you for being a part of the MPQ community"

Or something like this. Like it or not, they got the community hyped up. And the funny thing is, most of the confusion/disappointment/anger would have been avoided with a simple popup on October 3rd that read something like this:

"MPQ turns 1 today. Stay tuned as next week we celebrate the one year anniversary of MPQ and release not 1, but 2 new legendary characters. Go to http://www.d3pforums.com for more information."

So what you call whining, I call disappointment at a wasted opportunity. Not for a lack of free stuff (which is always cool) but for the lack of ANYTHING. I repeat, if I would have read the above popup yesterday, then would have been on the other side of the fence telling people to be patient. What in this whole scenario shows any consideration for their player base?

I was going to start off this post by saying, "I'm sorry," but then decided not to. I re-read the announcement carefully. It says:
    - Oct 3 is the 1-year anniversary.
    - As part of the anniversary, we get to announce we're the first game ever to get Lady Thor. She's Season 7 reward, and you get to see her Oct 17.
    - Devil Dinosaur, the character everyone's wanted, will be in anniversary packs and day-365 reward starting Oct 8.
    - Comc Con stuff starting Oct 9
    - New player bonus through Oct 18.

The fact that people have poor reading comprehension and make fanciful speculation and assumptions is not the same as them making a promise and not delivering. Where did they promise something on Oct 3?

This is akin to a kid celebrating one-year of being cancer free on Oct 3, which includes a promised zoo trip on Oct 8, and a party with family on Oct 17. Then the kid whines on Oct 3 about not getting a new XBOX.
  • scottee wrote:
    scottee wrote:

I was going to start off this post by saying, "I'm sorry," but then decided not to. I re-read the announcement carefully. It says:
    - Oct 3 is the 1-year anniversary.
    - As part of the anniversary, we get to announce we're the first game ever to get Lady Thor. She's Season 7 reward, and you get to see her Oct 17.
    - Devil Dinosaur, the character everyone's wanted, will be in anniversary packs and day-365 reward starting Oct 8.
    - Comc Con stuff starting Oct 9
    - New player bonus through Oct 18.

The fact that people have poor reading comprehension and make fanciful speculation and assumptions is not the same as them making a promise and not delivering. Where did they promise something on Oct 3?

This is akin to a kid celebrating one-year of being cancer free on Oct 3, which includes a promised zoo trip on Oct 8, and a party with family on Oct 17. Then the kid whines on Oct 3 about not getting a new XBOX.
    Did you really just compare this to a kid with cancer?
  • scottee
    Options
    Did you really just compare this to a kid with cancer?

I figured most people turn hypothetical illustrations into analogies anyway, so it didn't really matter what I picked.