'Marvel Puzzle Quest' 1-Year Anniversary Celebration!

Options

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, it's been October 3rd here for 17+ hours and nothing's happened yet.

Obviously this is another slap in the face for those of us not in the one true time zone.

Joking, honest.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    orionpeace wrote:
    I kept reading this thread hoping for something that excited me.

None of it did or does.

1. Lady Thor will be released as a Season reward. Not objecting to this method, but it means that best case I will have one cover in a little over a month. I will have to buy a slot for her and she will be useless to me for months and months. Nothing exciting about any of that. I have zero connection to the character. She is new in the Marvel Universe.

2. Devil Dino will be a playable character. WOoOOOOooHOOOoo! But wait. I won't receive a cover as a daily reward for another 234 days. Huh. Or I have the wonderful opportunity to buy an Anniversary Pack for 14,800 HP with a 4.5% chance of drawing a cover. No thanks. And no mention that he would be a winnable cover in PvP or PvE.

3. New players get bonus ISO and HP. I'm not a new player. So, this doesn't apply to me.

4. I get the opportunity to play events I have already played, multiple times. The just released Prodigal Sun event that runs for 7 days, 12 hours with Spiderman rewards doesn't exactly fill me with a sense of hope that these upcoming rehashed events will provide motivation to play. You know, the "fun factor".

I guess I was expecting something like what I experienced in MMOs for seasonal and anniversary events. Lots of little prizes. Cool new stuff that you can get now. Color! Explosions! FUN!

I think I've bummed myself out. icon_neutral.gif

You are totally right!

It is not that it is something bad, but it is totally unexiting and something that it is not going to help me in the near future. I was hoping to get a Fury or something like that as a reward, not a new 3* that I am probably not going to use (he is very popular but it is another character I have to max before I can use him and the list is growing to fast) or a 4* that I am not going to be able to use in more than a year (I still have a long way until I can max Fury, so another 4* is too much work to handle icon_razz.gif).

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but right now, what I see in front of me for the next year is so much work, so many new characters to max, that I feel a little bit overwhelmed. I was expecting a little bit of help maxing these characters as a reward, not more characters to max. It would have been great to receive a voucher or something like that for the 4* or 3* you want and maybe some iso/HP.

PS: Still 30 days until I can get devil dino icon_e_sad.gif
    PS: STOP REWARDING NEW 4* JUST TO ALLIANCES MEMBERS, I am really tired of this, it is very very unfair.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    How do we get Anniversary pack(s)? There will be a single pack for each player, or are they purchasable using HP? Is Devil Dino guaranteed on that pack or "chance for it"?

Godess addition gives me dual feelings; on one hand seems good that MPQ has live feedback with current Marvel releases; on the other, I feel totally disconnected to a character who hasnt even been released on comics. I would rather see Beta Ray Bill, wich is a terrific character.
    EDIT: Will she be a 4*? I think legendary characters should be... legendarish, and she hasnt earned her beans yet icon_e_sad.gif . Devil DIno fits way better imo on a 4*
  • Devil Dino with 3 skills..... i remember adding 1 skill made 2* daken one of the worse in pve. wonder what that means for the dino.
  • So no ISO for people that have been playing for 300+ days?
  • Unimpressed....

Whole thing is a marketing gimmick

The so called introduction of Lady Thor has nothing to do with the 1 year anniversary, as it is going to take 3 months to get all her covers. So its just a marketing ploy

And the fan favourites event is just ****. I don't think anyone of us here is begging the developers to replay a tournament for the hundredth time. The devs just ran a bloody poll and begged us to vote , and they are now publicising it as as "our request".

What i really want? Give us new content! Not yet another **** new character
  • Have to agree with whats been said here about the token situation. It beggars belief how you have not come up with a solution, but instead ADD MORE CHARACTERS to the game, to dilute the odds of pulling actual WORTHWHILE tokens even more.

Seriously? How about actually listening to the ideas that people have here, ya know, those same people that have helped keep the game a success?

Just a suggestion.
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! EVERYBODY* GETS PRESENTS!

*For the purposes of this announcement, "Everybody" includes and is limited exclusively to
      People who haven't played the game yet People who've played the game for a year People who can place Alliance top 100 in the upcoming months People who can attend NYCC
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymPpIzaanhY
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,930 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1f574807-d4a4-413b-85f9-f3b696f61dae_zpsa0b4b8f8.png

Happy 1-Year Anniversary MPQ!!! Thanks for all the fun and good times!! Hoping for your further success and happiness!!

Now with that said, where's the tequila?
    looks like i'll be tangoing with tommy guns and boomerang shields tonight!☆彡(ノ^^)ノ☆彡ヘ(^^ヘ)☆彡(ノ^^)ノ☆彡 can't touch this!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oldboy wrote:
    The level of hope and wishful thinking here is absolutely intoxicating. Can't wait to hear, see and read the crash that follows when everyone discovers that is all there is for the anniversary icon_mrgreen.gif

I hope i'm wrong... And that we all get bundles of hp, iso, cover packs, and 3* covers. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I got 500 ISO for my daily reward. Waiting patiently on the HP, 3* cover icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Pretty lame anniversary bash D3. Not a darn thing yet In game to even show it's the 1 year mark. BLAH. Back to Call of Duty for this guy
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How many stars is Devil Dino? I've seen guesses for 1, 3, and 4 stars. Are we all wrong?
  • Who knows they haven't added anything to the game yet. icon_cry.gif
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    But wait - there's more! What celebration would be complete without Devil Dinosaur? Not a single one, I tell you! Fan-requested Devil Dinosaur joins MPQ as a playable character via an Anniversary Pack and as a daily reward for Day 365 players starting on October 8th. In addition, in the days leading to the Thor: Goddess of Thunder reveal, we will be featuring fan-favorite in-game events based on the community polls many of you recently participated in.

A little past 4pm EST and not even a popup for the anniversary. I am starting to get a little bummed out. Are we really not going to have anything in game to celebrate the anniversary until 5 days after the anniversary? There is still time, and although my hope is fading fast, I am still holding on.
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    How many stars is Devil Dino? I've seen guesses for 1, 3, and 4 stars. Are we all wrong?
    I'm guessing 3 star.png
    BTW, are you an admin again Nonce? I saw you were able to move a post of mine from one section to another. If so congrats.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm guessing 3 star.png
    BTW, are you an admin again Nonce? I saw you were able to move a post of mine from one section to another. If so congrats.

I don't know. I now seem to have mod powers in the Character forum only. So I'm cleaning up in there before they take it away or something.
  • epic fail, anniversary celebration and dp3 cant even celebrate right, supreme let down for all.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    I'm guessing 3 star.png

I don't know. I now seem to have mod powers in the Character forum only. So I'm cleaning up in there before they take it away or something.
    Nope, that's on purpose. As opposed to making every single character post belong to Nonce, I created a new invisible rank for all the various sub forums so that if people want to help maintain a section I can hand them a rank that allows them to do so.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    I'm guessing 3 star.png

Nope, that's on purpose. As opposed to making every single character post belong to Nonce, I created a new invisible rank for all the various sub forums so that if people want to help maintain a section I can hand them a rank that allows them to do so.

Yay for Nonce being reinstated as an invisible mod! ... sort of.