'Marvel Puzzle Quest' 1-Year Anniversary Celebration!

Options

Comments

• Will Devil Dinosaur be a 1* as shown in the MPQ Wikia ?

http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... r_(Classic)
  • To: David/ICE

do players get any gift from MPQ 1 year anniversary celebration?

ex; hero point? iso? token? free 3* cover something like this?

best regarding
    A/C

thank you
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mondo wrote:
    Wow. I joined the forums on 11/22/2013 but I've been playing since 10/3/2013. Surprised it took me that long to find these forums!

Go home, Mondo. You're drunk.
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    ender wrote:
    ICE will we finally see a fix to the heroic tokens be rolled out in r62?

I am up to 98 heroic tokens and no longer need any of the covers available in the tokens...
    I don't *think* that'll be connected to a client side change. That doesn't mean that we couldn't roll it out with R62, same day for a bit more impact, just that we don't necessarily have to tie it to that.

Can we get some sort of a hint as to what's going on with tokens? I don't need specific and day/date, just a general sense of what's going on (if anything). There hasn't been a peep about it in months.
    All the word I can give you at the moment is that it's actively on the whiteboards for implementation. What that actually means though is that we're discussing and poring over numbers as to the "right" way to do things. The big problem that we've run into (that gets worse as we go on) is adding so many characters to a pack means that each character has so little chance that players can never collect them all without being a real estate tycoon or an oil baron (or both). That's obviously not good for the game. But then, so is not having the characters available at all. I'm 100% sure that we'll share info about a solution when we have a solid one that we're going to implement. We just don't have that one quite yet.

How about two different Heroic tokens one featuring older characters for newer players and one featuring newer ones for older players. When you win a token you just pick which one you want.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Agent C wrote:
    To: David/ICE

best regarding
    A/C

thank you

We get virtual cake an a virtual drink!!! icon_lol.gif
  • Don't tell me, I always hate knowing what my gifts are before I open them icon_e_wink.gif

Though I reserve the right to be sad if all I get is a card signed by Devil Dino with 20 iso inside.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    ender wrote:
    ICE will we finally see a fix to the heroic tokens be rolled out in r62?

I am up to 98 heroic tokens and no longer need any of the covers available in the tokens...
    I don't *think* that'll be connected to a client side change. That doesn't mean that we couldn't roll it out with R62, same day for a bit more impact, just that we don't necessarily have to tie it to that.

How about two different Heroic tokens one featuring older characters for newer players and one featuring newer ones for older players. When you win a token you just pick which one you want.[/quote]

How about a rework of the progression rewards. Make the 900 token a 3 star.png token. 3 star.png should not drop like candy so having the 900 progression be a random 3* token will allow the 203* progression go a little faster, but will still make it a challenge to reach that reward mark. Some high level 2* might need to spend some HP to get there, but I think a lot of people would go for that token. Right now that 900 point token is 250 ISO for the people who can achieve that score. For scoring higher it should be a better prize than 250 iso.
  • Agent C wrote:

best regarding
    A/C

thank you

Yes we will get a gift, and I'm sure it will be the MPQ equivalent of "Be sure to drink your ovaltine"
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    AJBCLF wrote:
    Yes we will get a gift, and I'm sure it will be the MPQ equivalent of "Be sure to drink your ovaltine"
    In that case you also got a nifty all metal decoder ring out of the deal!
  • Agent C wrote:

best regarding
    A/C

thank you

Lol I think you might be testing their generosity a bit there. Are you perhaps not happy with the release of awesome new characters that may have happened anyway had there not been an anniversary? Take what you are given my friend
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If they can give us a few 2* tokens for a morning's server outage the anniversary should be worth something.
  • Tagstar87
    Tagstar87 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    This "celebration" seems kind of measly. We don't get the new Thor character on the anniversary date, a very small percentage of players get Devil Dino, and none of us are new so no increased ISO. My guess is everyone gets something unannounced at log-in tomorrow...maybe a free roster spot??

*Crosses fingers* has to be something icon_e_confused.gif
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Female Thor and Devil Dinosaur . . . . .

This is like the best week ever. As my youngest would say, you don't even know . . . .
  • IReallyHatePVP
    Options
    Really Glad about the icon_devildino.png announce.

Goddess....I don't even have a single icon_nickfury.png yet. It's really hard to get excited over this one...

Maybe something else comes down the line to tip the scales from its current position of 'meh'.
  • Cool news, but really that is all this is. Happy Anniversary news update. Nothing here actually gives a gift for the anniversary. Nothing is being done that hasn't been done several times during the year.

- Awesome characters coming! - I agree the new characters sound awesome, but we have had new characters before. Nothing new or special. Not to mention that we aren't getting them ON the anniversary, let alone wont be able to play them ANYTIME soon.

- Giving ISO and HP to new players doesn't really give anything to all the people who have kept the game going so that it could be around long enough to have an anniversary to begin with.

I really hope that this is not all there is. I appreciate the hard work you guys put into the game, but all of this "new stuff" could have been done next month, two months ago, 5 years from now, and it would just be the next new character announcement. An anniversary celebration should have surprises that can be used NOW. We are getting nothing NOW.

Can't wait to tell my wife "Happy Wedding Anniversary. We are going to dinner in a few weeks, and I will actually give you a gift......in a month or so."

Please give me a reason to come by this thread tomorrow and say "My bad. You had a surprise coming all along"

EDIT - There is the Anniversary Pack. On my first read of the OP, I figured it would be one random color of Devil Dino. Wouldn't it be cool if it was an Anniversary 42-Pack? I know, it's very hard for me to stop being optimistic.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2014
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    In any case though, the conversation about pack odds is a bit off topic to wearing party hats and Rawwring at our enemies. icon_e_smile.gif

Not really. Your anniversary 'gifts' include two new characters and some iso for people who might join in the next few weeks.

So the people who are players, and who have been asking for quite some time now about when it will be possible to pull already existing characters, are naturally going to want to know how in hell this 'gift' is actually of benefit. The fact that an anniversary thread would so quickly devolve into a discussion about pack odds/needing characters added in, should also ... y'know, mean something.

As far as I can tell, the only people who should 'celebrate' this thread are people who don't actually play the game. I fail to see how this rewards the players that have kept the game going to this point. All this really sums up to is a new character announcement.

(EDIT: Believe it or not, before I got purged with spammers and my posts were all wiped, I actually had quite a few positive things to say about this game. I even thanked for feedback, such as it was. But this... is just absurd.

Additional EDIT: For what it's worth, I really hope that in a couple of days I have to look back at this and berate myself for the negativity, due to a worthwhile surprise being unleashed. I really do.)
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! EVERYBODY* GETS PRESENTS!

*For the purposes of this announcement, "Everybody" includes and is limited exclusively to
      People who haven't played the game yet People who've played the game for a year People who can place Alliance top 100 in the upcoming months People who can attend NYCC
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tagstar87 wrote:
    This "celebration" seems kind of measly. We don't get the new Thor character on the anniversary date, a very small percentage of players get Devil Dino, and none of us are new so no increased ISO. My guess is everyone gets something unannounced at log-in tomorrow...maybe a free roster spot??

*Crosses fingers* has to be something icon_e_confused.gif
    Everyone gets icon_devildino.png ...eventually
  • Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Maybe I'll eat my words. But I think you guys aren't giving them enough credit. This is just the info they're allowed to release at the moment, which tends to line up with "upcoming cool stuff" announcements we'd see normally. The real gift will come on the day of.

My wager is that they made an "Anniversary" cover pack with above average 3/4* drop rates plus a chance at Devil Dino. Each player will receive a couple free tokens, maybe even a 10 pack (one can hope), along with some Iso + HP. Lastly, the ranking/progression prizes for the players selected events will probably be above average. Most likely just a ton of Anniversary tokens as prizes, and Devil Dino for the top ranks.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The level of hope and wishful thinking here is absolutely intoxicating. Can't wait to hear, see and read the crash that follows when everyone discovers that is all there is for the anniversary icon_mrgreen.gif

I hope i'm wrong... And that we all get bundles of hp, iso, cover packs, and 3* covers. icon_e_biggrin.gif