'Marvel Puzzle Quest' 1-Year Anniversary Celebration!

Options

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,314 Site Admin
    Options
    Will Lady Thor and Thor be playable at the same time, or are they considered the same person? Different icon?
    icon_blackwidow.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_thor.png -- tripled characters.
    Mjolnir is still Mjolnir, so no, you can't use Odinson and Goddess at the same time. Doesn't mean that you might not see all three together in a Simulator of course. icon_e_smile.gif
  • IceIX
    Options
    ender wrote:
    ICE will we finally see a fix to the heroic tokens be rolled out in r62?

I am up to 98 heroic tokens and no longer need any of the covers available in the tokens...
    I don't *think* that'll be connected to a client side change. That doesn't mean that we couldn't roll it out with R62, same day for a bit more impact, just that we don't necessarily have to tie it to that.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well that sounds a bit more than hypothetical...
  • IceIX
    Options
    Well, it's only common sense that we wouldn't leave characters out of packs forever.
  • IceIX wrote:
    ender wrote:

I am up to 98 heroic tokens and no longer need any of the covers available in the tokens...
    I don't *think* that'll be connected to a client side change. That doesn't mean that we couldn't roll it out with R62, same day for a bit more impact, just that we don't necessarily have to tie it to that.

Any ETA on when this type of fix could be rolled out?
  • IceIX wrote:
    ender wrote:

Can we get some sort of a hint as to what's going on with tokens? I don't need specific and day/date, just a general sense of what's going on (if anything). There hasn't been a peep about it in months.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Well, it's only common sense that we wouldn't leave characters out of packs forever.

Common sense dictates that Nextwave should be the template for the entire Marvel universe going forward, but clearly that hasn't happened, so I try not to assume.
  • IceIX
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

Common sense dictates that Nextwave should be the template for the entire Marvel universe going forward, but clearly that hasn't happened, so I try not to assume.
    Tell me about it. Not having Aaron Stack or Monica Rambeau in the game causes me to cry myself to sleep some nights. Or being able to have a Captain **** / Captain America grudge match. The possibilities are endless!
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So, to summarize, the big one year anniversary celebration includes:

1. A new character that wont be officially released for 4-5 months
    2. An old character with two new abilities. (suck it Doom, Loki, Rags)
    3. A rehash of old events.

The anticipation is more than i can handle! icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Thanos wrote:
    So, to summarize, the big one year anniversary celebration includes:

1. A new character that wont be officially released for 4-5 months
    2. An old character with two new abilities. (suck it Doom, Loki, Rags)
    3. A rehash of old events.

The anticipation is more than i can handle! icon_rolleyes.gif

lol
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited October 2014
    Options
    First impressions: amazeballs.

On second thought: Devil Dino has a powerful green, most likely, red/black too.
    Would be reaaaaally nice if Lady Thor had blue, black and purple abilities. As blue as the sky, as black as her fury, as purple as... magic? Black could be passive.
    We don't need anymore OP Red/Yellow/Green abilities, especially green/red T_T
  • IceIX
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    ender wrote:

Can we get some sort of a hint as to what's going on with tokens? I don't need specific and day/date, just a general sense of what's going on (if anything). There hasn't been a peep about it in months.
    All the word I can give you at the moment is that it's actively on the whiteboards for implementation. What that actually means though is that we're discussing and poring over numbers as to the "right" way to do things. The big problem that we've run into (that gets worse as we go on) is adding so many characters to a pack means that each character has so little chance that players can never collect them all without being a real estate tycoon or an oil baron (or both). That's obviously not good for the game. But then, so is not having the characters available at all. I'm 100% sure that we'll share info about a solution when we have a solid one that we're going to implement. We just don't have that one quite yet.
  • IceIX
    Options
    locked wrote:
    First impressions: amazeballs.

On second thought: Devil Dino has a powerful green, Most likely, red/black too.
    Would be reaaaaally nice if Lady Thor had blue, black and purple abilities. As blue as the sky, as black as her fury, as purple as... magic? Black could be passive.
    We don't need anymore OP Red/Yellow/Green abilities, especially green/red T_T
    Goddess is not RGY.
  • Ice will Thoress be the standard top 100 alliances for season 7 or will there be other avenues to get her??
  • IceIX wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    ender wrote:

All the word I can give you at the moment is that it's actively on the boards for implementation. What that actually means though is that we're discussing an poring over numbers as to the "right" way to do things. The big problem that we've run into (that gets worse as we go on) is adding so many characters to a pack means that each character has so little chance that players can never collect them all without being a real estate tycoon or an oil baron (or both). That's obviously not good for the game. But then, so is not having the characters available at all. I'm 100% sure that we'll share info about a solution when we have a solid one that we're going to implement. We just don't have that one quite yet.

For the time being, can you just add the six new characters to the pack at the same .7% rate the existing 3*s are, and downgrade the 12 2*s by .35% each to make up for it? It won't seriously unbalance the 2*/3* ratios, and it won't water the pool down any more than it is, and it could be done with the knowledge it's a stopgap.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Nick-Thor wrote:
    Ice will Thoress be the standard top 100 alliances for season 7 or will there be other avenues to get her??
    To start, yes, S7 reward. We may very well change things up from there though. We're undecided whether the best way to release new 4*s is Nick Fury style. It was effective, sure, but it means that the only players that can *really* make use of those characters are the ones that consistently over multiple seasons place highly. Other Alliances that only pop one or two of the cover rewards on the other hand sit there with a far less effective character.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2014
    Options
    repeat- deleted post
  • Unknown
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    For the time being, can you just add the six new characters to the pack at the same .7% rate the existing 3*s are, and downgrade the 12 2*s by .35% each to make up for it? It won't seriously unbalance the 2*/3* ratios, and it won't water the pool down any more than it is, and it could be done with the knowledge it's a stopgap.

I would say just remove 2 stars from the packs all together or give everyone the same percentage chance of being pulled. at this point 2 stars are not even needed in the tokens for new players. Just playing through 2-3 weeks of PVP's you should be able to pull all the 2 star players from random match completions rewards to field a strong team. i think i could build a new cStorm every week with the amount of her covers i get from standard tokens and match completion rewards.
  • We not split heroics into 2 tokens. Classic which is half the characters and modern which Is the other half. And it goes by release date. First ones released stay in classic. As more get added then the newer ones get moved down
  • IceIX
    Options
    ender wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

I would say just remove 2 stars from the packs all together for give everyone the same percentage chance of being pulled. at this point 2 stars are not even needed in the tokens for new players. Just playing through 2-3 weeks of PVP's you should be able to pull all the 2 star players from random match completions rewards to field a strong team. i think i could build a new cStorm every week with the amount of her covers i get from standard tokens and match completion rewards.
    While I don't necessarily disagree with that sentiment, there are quite a few of our players that never touch Versus battles. They stick strictly to PVE. So for them, those assured 2 star.png (gotta remember to start using our neat smileys) rewards from the Heroic tokens are very very useful.