'Marvel Puzzle Quest' 1-Year Anniversary Celebration!

Options

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    For the time being, can you just add the six new characters to the pack at the same .7% rate the existing 3*s are, and downgrade the 12 2*s by .35% each to make up for it? It won't seriously unbalance the 2*/3* ratios, and it won't water the pool down any more than it is, and it could be done with the knowledge it's a stopgap.

Echoing this. While infinite dilution of the token pool is clearly not a sustainable strategy, and neither is giving it over asymptotically to 3* covers, it really feels like you guys are letting the perfect be the arch-enemy of the good here.

And from a pocketbook standpoint, the only money I've given you guys is for HP to buy roster spots, since the odds of getting anything I want out of a cover pack are so low that it's not worth buying into. The longer we go without new characters being available in tokens, the stronger the temptation to just sell off Captain Marvel, Colossus, Deadpool, etc. when they're not "essential" anymore, instead of buying more space.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    In any case though, the conversation about pack odds is a bit off topic to wearing party hats and Rawwring at our enemies. icon_e_smile.gif
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    ender wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    For the time being, can you just add the six new characters to the pack at the same .7% rate the existing 3*s are, and downgrade the 12 2*s by .35% each to make up for it? It won't seriously unbalance the 2*/3* ratios, and it won't water the pool down any more than it is, and it could be done with the knowledge it's a stopgap.

I would say just remove 2 stars from the packs all together for give everyone the same percentage chance of being pulled. at this point 2 stars are not even needed in the tokens for new players. Just playing through 2-3 weeks of PVP's you should be able to pull all the 2 star players from random match completions rewards to field a strong team. i think i could build a new cStorm every week with the amount of her covers i get from standard tokens and match completion rewards.
    While I don't necessarily disagree with that sentiment, there are quite a few of our players that never touch Versus battles. They stick strictly to PVE. So for them, those assured 2 star.png (gotta remember to start using our neat smileys) rewards from the Heroic tokens are very very useful.
    Why not make standard tokens 1* and 2* only and Heroic 3* and 4* only? For event specific tokens, limit the available characters to ones that are featured in that event. Problem solved for now.
  • IceIX wrote:
    there are quite a few of our players that never touch Versus battles.

That's their problem. Release the characters for the rest of us.
  • IceIX wrote:
    In any case though, the conversation about pack odds is a bit off topic to wearing party hats and Rawwring at our enemies. icon_e_smile.gif

Off topic for this thread, yes, but in case you haven't noticed, it's something the player base cares about.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So can we expect the return of Hot-Dog Stand for the Anniversary for a limited time?
  • So can we expect the return of Hot-Dog Stand for the Anniversary for a limited time?

Beer Stand.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

How about anniversary forum prizes? The forum oldtimers (first few pages) would be good guys to celebrate. If any of these guys participate now, they could get prizes for participating early a year ago.

The Forum Old-Timers.
    manifest78 pulis Spider-Man cparker dragma Darklondon ZzzWolph Bombul Runningwild sms4002 Tesla cjshrader Pucco Clintman raideroutlaws Katai Tarrant hogunner BigChris ArchJojo forgrim coRexx bimbom Dninot greggray24 Toxicadam Shamusyeah uuddlrlr
  • Wow. I joined the forums on 11/22/2013 but I've been playing since 10/3/2013. Surprised it took me that long to find these forums!
  • Mondo wrote:
    Wow. I joined the forums on 11/22/2013 but I've been playing since 10/3/2013. Surprised it took me that long to find these forums!

I think I found the forums almost immediately after I started playing seriously (around Thanksgiving), but didn't actually join until about a month later.
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I kept reading this thread hoping for something that excited me.

None of it did or does.

1. Lady Thor will be released as a Season reward. Not objecting to this method, but it means that best case I will have one cover in a little over a month. I will have to buy a slot for her and she will be useless to me for months and months. Nothing exciting about any of that. I have zero connection to the character. She is new in the Marvel Universe.

2. Devil Dino will be a playable character. WOoOOOOooHOOOoo! But wait. I won't receive a cover as a daily reward for another 234 days. Huh. Or I have the wonderful opportunity to buy an Anniversary Pack for 14,800 HP with a 4.5% chance of drawing a cover. No thanks. And no mention that he would be a winnable cover in PvP or PvE.

3. New players get bonus ISO and HP. I'm not a new player. So, this doesn't apply to me.

4. I get the opportunity to play events I have already played, multiple times. The just released Prodigal Sun event that runs for 7 days, 12 hours with Spiderman rewards doesn't exactly fill me with a sense of hope that these upcoming rehashed events will provide motivation to play. You know, the "fun factor".

I guess I was expecting something like what I experienced in MMOs for seasonal and anniversary events. Lots of little prizes. Cool new stuff that you can get now. Color! Explosions! FUN!

I think I've bummed myself out. icon_neutral.gif
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    Any chance of an HP/ISO sale to commemorate? That seems like it would be a pretty common anniversary thing. It's about time for me to recharge my HP, but I'd hate to do it right before a sale.
  • orionpeace wrote:
    I kept reading this thread hoping for something that excited me.

None of it did or does.

1. Lady Thor will be released as a Season reward. Not objecting to this method, but it means that best case I will have one cover in a little over a month. I will have to buy a slot for her and she will be useless to me for months and months. Nothing exciting about any of that. I have zero connection to the character. She is new in the Marvel Universe.

2. Devil Dino will be a playable character. WOoOOOOooHOOOoo! But wait. I won't receive a cover as a daily reward for another 234 days. Huh. Or I have the wonderful opportunity to buy an Anniversary Pack for 14,800 HP with a 4.5% chance of drawing a cover. No thanks. And no mention that he would be a winnable cover in PvP or PvE.

3. New players get bonus ISO and HP. I'm not a new player. So, this doesn't apply to me.

4. I get the opportunity to play events I have already played, multiple times. The just released Prodigal Sun event that runs for 7 days, 12 hours with Spiderman rewards doesn't exactly fill me with a sense of hope that these upcoming rehashed events will provide motivation to play. You know, the "fun factor".

I guess I was expecting something like what I experienced in MMOs for seasonal and anniversary events. Lots of little prizes. Cool new stuff that you can get now. Color! Explosions! FUN!

I think I've bummed myself out. icon_neutral.gif

Wonderful summary and I agree with just about all of it.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Will Lady Thor and Thor be playable at the same time, or are they considered the same person? Different icon?
    icon_blackwidow.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_thor.png -- tripled characters.
    Mjolnir is still Mjolnir, so no, you can't use Odinson and Goddess at the same time. Doesn't mean that you might not see all three together in a Simulator of course. icon_e_smile.gif
    Stormbreaker, on the other hand...
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2014
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Will Lady Thor and Thor be playable at the same time, or are they considered the same person? Different icon?
    Mjolnir is still Mjolnir, so no, you can't use Odinson and Goddess at the same time. Doesn't mean that you might not see all three together in a Simulator of course. icon_e_smile.gif

Yeah. That node has skip written all over it. Especially if 3* Thor and 4* Thoress don't share colors.

We know she isn't RYG. Doesn't mean she won't be GRY or YRG or YGR or RGY or GYR.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Yeah, but you're replying to things here. Posts asking about tokens directly don't get as much love. icon_e_wink.gif

Anyway, here's my hope for Devil Dinosaur's Red skill:

DevilDinosaur04d.jpg
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Can we get a Beta Ray Bill chant going? I would like to get a Beta Ray Bill chant going.
  • IceIX wrote:
    ender wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

I would say just remove 2 stars from the packs all together for give everyone the same percentage chance of being pulled. at this point 2 stars are not even needed in the tokens for new players. Just playing through 2-3 weeks of PVP's you should be able to pull all the 2 star players from random match completions rewards to field a strong team. i think i could build a new cStorm every week with the amount of her covers i get from standard tokens and match completion rewards.
    While I don't necessarily disagree with that sentiment, there are quite a few of our players that never touch Versus battles. They stick strictly to PVE. So for them, those assured 2 star.png (gotta remember to start using our neat smileys) rewards from the Heroic tokens are very very useful.
    Players not doing PvP? Wouldn't that be considered "not playing efficiently" by the devs? I prefer Ben Grimm's short-term solution, but ender's suggestion sounds like the perfect way to "gently nudge" those players to play PvP.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I've been saying it since they announced the anniversary. I just knew we would get Devil Dino. I knew it icon_e_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_e_biggrin.gif . viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15692&hilit=+Dino#p219330 And we get Goddess Thor also. icon_e_biggrin.gif I can't wait ! ! ! (honestly, i was hoping for Dino, but i didn't really think they would do it) as for Dino powers, ... viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16889&hilit=+Dino#p227101

Now I only need one more thing. Doc Oc is the 50th character, Goddess Thor and Dino are 51 and 52.

ICEIX, Will, or Hi-Fi, just one question .... How can someone collect 2 of EVERY character in the game with a max of only 100 roster slots? icon_cry.gif I would really like to know when the roster limit will be increased. Any info/ETA you can give me would be great. I was told it was done once before and it's a very easy thing to do.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nice... called the Devil Dinosaur as Day 365 reward a few weeks ago!