'Marvel Puzzle Quest' 1-Year Anniversary Celebration!

Options

Comments

• So I was looking at my iTunes purchase history and I found that I downloaded Marvel Puzzle Quest on 10/1/2013. So why is the anniversary date being set to 10/3/2014? Not trying to call anyone out, I just got curious and went looking.

Also, day 365 for me is going to be 10/15/2014, yet in the announcement it says that Devil Dino will be a daily reward beginning 10/8/2014. Is 10/8 the real 365 day mark because I'm 99.9% sure that I haven't missed a day of playing. Is 10/8 just the day the Anniversary pack comes out with day 365 being later?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe 10/8 is the 365th day they've had daily rewards?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    Mondo wrote:
    So I was looking at my iTunes purchase history and I found that I downloaded Marvel Puzzle Quest on 10/1/2013. So why is the anniversary date being set to 10/3/2014? Not trying to call anyone out, I just got curious and went looking.

Also, day 365 for me is going to be 10/15/2014, yet in the announcement it says that Devil Dino will be a daily reward beginning 10/8/2014. Is 10/8 the real 365 day mark because I'm 99.9% sure that I haven't missed a day of playing. Is 10/8 just the day the Anniversary pack comes out with day 365 being later?
    Depends on territory really. Our official worldwide release date is 10/3 but we started rolling out to territories without any fanfare a bit before that so that we made sure that servers didn't explode. So it's quite possible that you snuck in during soft launch. Kind of like when you go to a brand new restaurant and a week later they have a Grand Opening.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yay for Nonce being reinstated as an invisible mod! ... sort of.

Coolness. As part of my revenge tour, I updated the stat blocks and added "best build" polls to most of the 3* and 4* pages. I made the polls carefully to avoid confusion on the following guys. I foresee a day where something happens to them, and the meaning of a "553" build from a post 3 months ago becomes murkier.
    Tile Dam .. Ability colors
    bluetile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.png -- bluetile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.png - Beast (Modern)
    purpletile.pnggreentile.pngredtile.png -- greentile.pngredtile.pngpurpletile.png - Black Widow (Grey Suit)
    redtile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.png -- redtile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.png - Captain Marvel (Modern)
    blacktile.pngpurpletile.pngbluetile.png -- purpletile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.png - Daken (both versions)
    purpletile.pngblacktile.pngredtile.png -- redtile.pngpurpletile.pngblacktile.png - Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool)
    bluetile.pngblacktile.pngpurpletile.png -- blacktile.pngbluetile.pngnone.png - Doctor Doom (Classic)
    purpletile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.png -- bluetile.pngpurpletile.pngnone.png - Loki (Dark Reign)
    bluetile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.png -- yellowtile.pngredtile.pngbluetile.png - Magneto (Classic)
    yellowtile.pngpurpletile.pngbluetile.png -- yellowtile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png - Spider-Man (Classic)
    purpletile.pngbluetile.pngredtile.png -- bluetile.pngredtile.pngpurpletile.png - Hawkeye (Modern)
    redtile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.png -- redtile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.png - Iron Man
  • My daily was a heroic token so I can't really say anything about that.

Since you are replying to the thread already, why don't you tell us when we can expect the anniversary stuff. Its past midnight here already and I'm still waiting to celebrate.
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    How many stars is Devil Dino? I've seen guesses for 1, 3, and 4 stars. Are we all wrong?
    I'm guessing 3 star.png
    BTW, are you an admin again Nonce? I saw you were able to move a post of mine from one section to another. If so congrats.

I don't know. I now seem to have mod powers in the Character forum only. So I'm cleaning up in there before they take it away or something.
    Nope, that's on purpose. As opposed to making every single character post belong to Nonce, I created a new invisible rank for all the various sub forums so that if people want to help maintain a section I can hand them a rank that allows them to do so.
    Dang it! If I'd known this would be the one time IceX would directly reply to something I'd asked I'd have made it a better question.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    Dang it! If I'd known this would be the one time IceX would directly reply to something I'd asked I'd have made it a better question.
    Well in answer to the other part of the question, the cameo Devil Dino is 1*. The one being released in more regularly playable format is 4*.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Well in answer to the other part of the question, the cameo Devil Dino is 1*. The one being released in more regularly playable format is 4*.

Now if only we knew his colors... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • I know I make many jokes, and try to have a good time, but I really need to say how disappointed I am.

I really like this game. Even with all the flaws. I poke fun at the game, the forum, and its problems, but I do so for a laugh. Trying to ease tension.

But the point is, I was EXCITED about the anniversary. There was so much expectation, so many threads that referred to it, that I couldn't wait to see what would happen on October 3rd. I waited all day, checking in every now and then while I did real life stuff. I play on steam, so I couldn't cheat and peak unless I was near my computer. I left to go to my friends house to watch a movie at 6pm, and nothing had happened yet regarding the anniversary.

I made it a point to not check the forums at all, since I didn't want any surprises spoiled. I hung out with my friends and put MPQ out of my mind. I get home at 9:30pm and log in to MPQ. I wait with nervous excitement while the game loads, hoping against hope that I was about to discover SOMETHING cool. Alas, it was not meant to be.

Perhaps, there is something else coming. Something to do with the game modes that won the Facebook polls. Or perhaps, the awesome anniversary announcement is just that. An announcement. Two new characters. New characters are not special. You gave out new characters before. You will do so again. ISO and HP deals for people new to the game. Good for them, those lucky people who haven't been here with the ups and downs for part, most, or all of the first year. May they enjoy their starter bonus. And those lucky enough to attend the Con, enjoy your gifts as well.

But absolutely nothing has been done for the anniversary. Nothing. And I am disappointed. More than I should be, and that one is on me. The rest of this post is on you D3.
  • One more thing. When my original thread was closed down the reason given was "there is already another thread to speak about this." (Not exact words, but not in the mood to look it up). That's all well and good and I respect that decision.

So going forward, whenever anyone starts a thread about scaling, sharding, characters not in tokens, characters missing powers, 2*-3* transition problems, characters needing buffs, characters needing nerfs, the cost of roster slots, mega-alliances, shield hopping, EU ending times, or basically any topic that has MANY unlocked threads in which 90% of the posts say the exact same thing I humbly ask that you consider locking those threads and directing the poster to one of the other threads that cover the related topic.

Or else I may feel that my thread was targeted for some reason, and I am not into paranoia.

Thank you.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll join in the celebrations with a NEW CHART. There are also "Best Build" polls available for all of these guys in the Character forum. Almost 30 polls! If you love voting on things, head over there. I noticed I haven't yet updated all the 2* characters to account for Level shift, so I'll need to do that. I think IceIX was supposed to give us a data dump on those, but I finally just did all the 4* and 3* months ago. Put off the 2* and forgot. Anyone prefer this chart format to the one at the top of the Character Compendium? It's pretty, but normally I'm looking at a color column when I'm deciding on a third character for a team, and this is kinda useless for that. But pretty. Oh, and 3* characters beat 4* characters on tile damages. May as well point to that.

... 82 ... 73 .... 64 .11 .10 .09
    14 yellowtile.png 13 bluetile.png _9 greentile.pngredtile.pngblacktile.pngpurpletile.png _8220 3.0 - Invisible Woman (Classic)
    12 yellowtile.png 10 bluetile.png 12 purpletile.pnggreentile.pngredtile.pngblacktile.png _9590 4.0 - Nick Fury (Director of SHIELD)
    _8 greentile.png 11 blacktile.png _9 yellowtile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.png 10960 4.0 - Wolverine (X-Force)

... 79 ... 70 .... 61 .13 .12 .11
    _8 bluetile.png 11 yellowtile.png _9 greentile.pngredtile.pngpurpletile.pngblacktile.png _6800 4.0 - Beast (Modern)
    _9 yellowtile.png _8 bluetile.png 12 blacktile.pngredtile.pngpurpletile.pnggreentile.png _8500 4.0 - Black Panther (Man Without Fear)
    11 purpletile.png 19 greentile.png 14 redtile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.png _5950 4.0 - Black Widow (Grey Suit)
    19 yellowtile.png 11 redtile.png 12 bluetile.pngblacktile.pnggreentile.pngpurpletile.png _8500 3.0 - Captain America (Steve Rogers)
    _7 redtile.png PA yellowtile.png _9 blacktile.pnggreentile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png _8500 5.0 - Captain Marvel (Modern)
    _8 yellowtile.png 11 redtile.png 13 blacktile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pngpurpletile.png 10200 3.0 - Colossus (Classic)
    PA blacktile.png PA purpletile.png _5 bluetile.pnggreentile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.png _6800 4.0 - Daken (Classic)
    11 purpletile.png _7 bluetile.png _7 redtile.pngblacktile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.png _6800 4.0 - Daredevil (Classic)
    14 purpletile.png PA blacktile.png _6 redtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngbluetile.png _6800 5.0 - Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool)
    11 bluetile.png PA blacktile.png 12 greentile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.png _6800 3.0 - Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius)
    PA yellowtile.png PA bluetile.png 12 purpletile.pngredtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.png _5950 3.0 - Falcon (Mighty Avengers)
    _8 redtile.png 10 blacktile.png _5 greentile.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png _5950 3.0 - Human Torch (Classic)
    13 redtile.png 14 yellowtile.png 20 bluetile.pngpurpletile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.png _8500 4.0 - Iron Man (Model 40)
    10 bluetile.png _8 redtile.png _9 yellowtile.pngblacktile.pnggreentile.pngpurpletile.png _6800 3.0 - Magneto (Classic)
    _8 redtile.png 10 bluetile.png _6 blacktile.pngpurpletile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.png _6800 4.0 - Psylocke (Classic)
    11 redtile.png _7 greentile.png _8 yellowtile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.pngpurpletile.png 10200 3.0 - Sentry (Dark Avengers)
    _9 bluetile.png _9 redtile.png 12 greentile.pngyellowtile.pngpurpletile.pngblacktile.png 10200 3.0 - She-Hulk (Modern)
    12 yellowtile.png PA purpletile.png _5 bluetile.pngredtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.png _6800 3.0 - Spider-Man (Classic)
    10 greentile.png _9 yellowtile.png _9 blacktile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.pngbluetile.png _5100 4.0 - Storm (Mohawk)
    15 yellowtile.png PA bluetile.png _9 blacktile.pngredtile.pngpurpletile.pnggreentile.png _5100 5.0 - The Hood (Classic)
    10 greentile.png 14 redtile.png PA blacktile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.pngpurpletile.png 11475 3.0 - The Hulk (Indestructible)
    _7 blacktile.png _8 greentile.png _8 redtile.pngpurpletile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.png _6800 4.0 - The Punisher (Dark Reign)
    _8 redtile.png 12 yellowtile.png 14 greentile.pngblacktile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png 10200 4.0 - Thor (Modern)
    _9 greentile.png 14 redtile.png PA yellowtile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.pngblacktile.png _6800 4.0 - Wolverine (Patch)

EDIT: And just noticed that my build program to make this table botched the crit values for some reason. Ignore the crit values.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,303 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow... they actually did nothing? I was fully expecting to have to eat my previous words... but there was truly nothing. Announcement of two new characters? That happens all the time, regardless of anniversary. The fact that one of them is being doled out as an Alliance top 100 season reward for the foreseeable future (i.e. she will not be actually playable AT LEAST until 3 months and that if you spend hundreds of dollars in HP + ISO) doesn't feel like much of a gift either. A new 4* as a daily reward? They've done it twice with IW. "Fan favourite" events redux? How's that a gift for us more than for them? Unless they're trying to imply that they run "fan-favourite" events as a special concession that somehow costs them and not as a savvy business decision to give customers more of what they want.

I'm sorry Ice and the rest of the team. I know that you have been hard at work on the game and there have been continuous improvements, but you sadly dropped the ball in what should have been once-in-a-year a good-will harvesting machine of a PR move. With the community hard on your heels about the new characters' absence in the tokens and a few other long-lasting complains, you really needed to go ABOVE expectations with this commemoration if only to quell the angry mob for a bit longer while you work out whatever you'll do about those issues. Going below expectations (and they weren't that high, check the poll about expected outcomes for October thread and you'll see that the big majority were expecting a disappointing anniversary outcome) is just going to incense people further.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Celebrating The 1-Year Anniversary Of 'Marvel Puzzle Quest'!

*"Virtual cake" and "glass o' punch" not included.

Well, he warned us!

Is getting free stuff on anniversaries a thing though? I think they should've chosen their words a little better to avoid any disapointment.
  • Ludaa wrote:
    "David wrote:

Well, he warned us!

Is getting free stuff on anniversaries a thing though? I think they should've chosen their words a little better to avoid any disapointment.

Granted that I haven't played many online competitive games like this, this is the first time I have experienced an empty anniversary.

Even Rage of Bahamut, one of the most P2W games out there, gave a crapload of different game resources when I was still playing that game.
  • It sounds to me like they are going to have a week long "celebration" leading into Season 7. My guess is it starts next week.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    About time Devil Dinosaur is added to the game as a playable character!
  • Mondo wrote:
    It sounds to me like they are going to have a week long "celebration" leading into Season 7. My guess is it starts next week.

then why all the big fuss and announcements that MPQ will be celebrating its anniversary on Oct 3?

Thats like saying : "Christmas is coming!!! Join us and Santa as we celebrate 1 week later on Jan 2nd"
  • "David wrote:

Greetings, faithful forum folks!

We are pleased to announce that tomorrow (October 3) Marvel Puzzle Quest will be celebrating its 1-Year Anniversary! Twelve action-packed months ago MPQ made its worldwide debut on the App Store and Google Play.

To commemorate, we can now reveal that Marvel Puzzle Quest will be the first Marvel video game to feature the brand new character, Thor: Goddess of Thunder. Thor: Goddess of Thunder will be first available as a Season VII reward, and all players can test her powers in battle starting on October 17.

But wait - there's more! What celebration would be complete without Devil Dinosaur? Not a single one, I tell you! Fan-requested Devil Dinosaur joins MPQ as a playable character via an Anniversary Pack and as a daily reward for Day 365 players starting on October 8th. In addition, in the days leading to the Thor: Goddess of Thunder reveal, we will be featuring fan-favorite in-game events based on the community polls many of you recently participated in.

New York Comic Con Attendees (October 9 – 12) will want to come by booth #347 and enter our free raffle contest for a chance at winning in-game rewards. (More news on NYCC coming soon).

Last, but not least, new players who download Marvel Puzzle Quest now through October 18, will receive bonus Iso-8 resources! If you've been trying to get your significant other, friend or family member to jump into the game - now is a great time!

Thanks for being here with us as we celebrate! Enjoy a slice of virtual cake and grab a glass o' punch on us.*

How about for a real anniversary celebration you let us do alliance hits? A whole alliance can hit a person and gain ISO depending on how many points that person has from the current season, the player being hit will not loose ISO, hp nor points it'll just be cool to organize alliance attacks and gain ISO. So let me explain......

1 person being hit will defend with the characters "(on patrol)" and one of his own characters.
    2 alliance hitting will have a certain amount of time to bring the (person being hit) down each member using only two characters against three.
    3 the main character always appearing on all the fights, and the characters on patrol will appear as they are sent.
    For example an alliance of 20 with sentry has a main character (def), an alliance of 20 (offense),so it'll be 48 defending (AI) against 40 offensive characters. every offensive fight will be 2vs3 and every time a character on patrol will get knocked out then that character will be out for the remaining time.
    4 If the attacking alliance wins then yeah!! ISO for everyone if they don't then yeah ISO for the defending alliance.

Ps I am currently unemployed and also drinking as I type but if you have any other questions when I'm sober enough I can explain better
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We got the street fireworks for the anniversary instead of the big stadium show icon_e_sad.gif hopefully the week between seasons will be better. I BELIEVE!! I BELIEVE!!

I
  • You know that feeling when you get an ugly Christmas sweater for Christmas? That about sums it up.