Prodigal Sun: Oct. 2 - Oct. 9

Options

Comments

• kalirion wrote:

Yeah, mine is only 2/5/3, so while the Red is appreciated, the Yellow would be so much better. And it means I may not worry about getting top 25 in the PVP, since top 5 will almost certainly be out of my reach.

Mine is 2/5/2 - so the PVP is a big tease for me, as I'm having trouble reaching top 25 as it is.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Shield Assault III just annoyed the living dickens out of me.
    Stupid Falcon kept cascading into Bird Strike, Inspiration, Redwing over and over and over and over.
    Killed off Ares & Lil Torch with the Spy's Silent Strike.

So bloody annoying.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I had Spidey/2 goons defeat my A-team of X-Force, classic Magneto and Hood. Humiliated, I used Hulk, Thor/Rags and GSBW since I was out of healthpacks. Hulk/GSBW work great for overscaled nodes since even match damage triggers Anger and foes like HT/Psylocke/etc have fast attacks that are bound to trigger Anger too.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:
    "Doctor Octopus 2" on the Hell's Kitchen node just ate my team three times. Spider-Man for protect tiles, Human Toch for Flame Jet, and pyro to feed it. Unless everything falls exactly my way, it just plain kills me.

I'm done with it. Just done.

Patch, LDaken with Doc Ock have servered me well the entire Prodiigal Sun. Go after Green and blue. I can usually hit Chemical reaction to get enough tiles on the board for BR and since it is level 5 I can match a purple strike tile and use Doc Ock's black. Chemical reaction and BR usually kills 1 person and then when I match the strike tiles the match does 1500 damage and Doc's Black does another 1200. It takes out the goons preety fast and what ever is left over from Torch or Spidey.

Unfortunately my 3* roster is somewhat limited, I have Patch at 97 (9 covers) and LDaken at 89 (10 covers.) I think I leveled up Patch a bit last week for the lightning rounds -- I've been anticipating a PVP for him which has yet to come. LDaken is, for me, at the cusp of what I think is levelable, one or two more covers (particularly purple) and I'll bring him up to his soft cap. My current build for him is 3/5/2 so he heals well, at least.

I've been playing either Psylocke and Falcon (Psy at 154, Falc at 111, both 13 covers but Psylock is 4/5/4 - not her best,) or Ares and OBW. If I get all three is Psy/Falc/Ares or Ares/OBW/Hood - I'll sub out OBW for CMags (154 with a 3/5/4 build,) if I don't have to worry about goons. So far it's served me well, but the issue is I either get screwed for that 5 blue so Falcon can eat the CDs, or Spidey gets out his Protect Tiles which means that Redwing can't handle all the tiles. Once Torch starts burning me with the Flame Jet (which he almost always does,) it's pretty much all over - since the Pyro feeds he he actually gains one green a turn when it's on.

So yeah. I think I'm going to forget about the Torch nodes for the rest of this.

2* Daken can also be really usefull as you get free strike tiles. Torch is a killer with Flame Jet in this node. Once you kill HT everyone else shoud fall quickly. If you have 2* Daken Daken and OBW and Ares would be a good combination. OBW can double dip on Daken strike tiles.
  • Anyone get into a fresh bracket recently? Didn't have time to play till now but don't want to jump in if I'm 999 out of 1000 icon_e_wink.gif

Thanks!
  • HairyDave wrote:
    I hate you all right now.

I've had one gold token so far and it was a yellow Spidey... which rapidly joined my daily reward yellow Spidey in feeding Panther.

So not the time to mention I drew a Fury off the alliance Heroic token?
  • russreid91
    russreid91 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I just joined the first sub and there are 446 people in it. The leader has just over 7000 points. Not sure how many points you get for a pass so we'll see how it goes.

*Edit*
    So a single pass netted me 5234 points and moved me into 17th. There are now 663 people in the sub.

Going to move onto the Hell's Kitchen one now and hopefully get lucky there as well.

*Second Edit*
    First sub now has 917 but the second sub just hit 1000 so a new one should be opening. I haven't finished all the nodes yet but I'm in 20th with one to go and that should put me in top 10 so not too bad right now. There are definitely some hard fights in Hell's Kitchen.

*Final Edit*
    The first sub has now filled as well, good luck all.
  • Thanks Russreid91!
  • papa07 wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:
    I hate you all right now.

I've had one gold token so far and it was a yellow Spidey... which rapidly joined my daily reward yellow Spidey in feeding Panther.

So not the time to mention I drew a Fury off the alliance Heroic token?
    Probably not. I'm Dave's alliancemate and I already mentioned that I drew a Fury from a Prodigal Sun token icon_lol.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    grumpycat.jpg
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Doc secured, Spidey (surely) in the bag. Quite literally 'token' effort from here on out
  • Got my Doc Ock; won't be pushing as hard from here on out. The effort to reward ratio is shifted a lot from here on out.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    y2fitzy wrote:
    Doc secured
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Got my Doc Ock
    Wow. I really don't know how people do this, although I suspect actually being able to participate in Wakanda and Hell's Kitchen would make a difference. On the other hand, I'm not sure how people do that, either, since thanks to scaling it should be "hahahaha no" for you guys, too. I must be missing something...
  • Very little of it came from the recent hard sub. I've focused more on hammering the easier nodes and essentials; I've barely hit any of the other nodes, and it's gotten me top 50 in every sub so far. I haven't even done all the nodes in the current hard sub.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Much like Ben, I've just stuck to knocking off the essentials mainly. Much better points returns, much easier levels to deal with.

also, I can't emphasise enough how important Ares has been. Boosted, he is an absolute damage machine. Everything I do has been focused around getting the most out of him. Paired with baby Daken, get strike tiles every time I match a green to feed Onslaught, unleash Daken's chemical reaction for boosted damage plus more greens, then monster Onslaughts aplenty.

doc Ock literally does nothing other than tank for Daken on blue and black
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Vankysher wrote:
    Shield Assault III just annoyed the living dickens out of me.
    Stupid Falcon kept cascading into Bird Strike, Inspiration, Redwing over and over and over and over.
    Killed off Ares & Lil Torch with the Spy's Silent Strike.

So bloody annoying.

I can't believe it.
    Twice in a row now I've wiped on this normal node w/2* Daken, 2* Thor & Ares.
    First move, AI move leads to a cascade, second move, Bird Strike, Inspiration, Inspiration = long drawn out losses.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Very little of it came from the recent hard sub. I've focused more on hammering the easier nodes and essentials; I've barely hit any of the other nodes, and it's gotten me top 50 in every sub so far. I haven't even done all the nodes in the current hard sub.

Ditto. I try to clear out the hard sub at least to the point where both essentials are open, and just grind one or both of those (just one in Hell's Kitchen, Torch is a nope) and the goon-only missions, along with full or near-full clears on the easy sub. That's kept me at least in top 10 for the easy and top 50 for the hard, so I can only imagine that very few people are completing more than two or three of the hard nodes in a single run.
  • currently sitting at rank 1 over all with 172k and I should have about 10-11 event token to pull in an hour or so. after reading everyone's luck, I am looking forward to pull them all for some great find
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    Wow. I really don't know how people do this, although I suspect actually being able to participate in Wakanda and Hell's Kitchen would make a difference. On the other hand, I'm not sure how people do that, either, since thanks to scaling it should be "hahahaha no" for you guys, too. I must be missing something...
    Among 2*, Ares/Daken/OBW really own this PvE.

Keep working to deepen and cover-max your 2* teams. A number of maxed 2* teams have really good potential even when not buffed (like the MNMags/Cstorm lockdown). Honestly, you shouldn't expect to do well in PvE consistently unless your 2* roster is more developed.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Here's something I've long since wondered but never enough to actually look into it before now.

Does my performance in this PVE affect my scaling or sharding in the next PVE? I got my Doc Ock cover, and I don't care about Spidey rewards, but some sick, twisted part of me wants to continue grinding at a somewhat leisurely pace just because that's what I do in this game. Can I do this without repercussions? Or would I be better off quitting now in order to make the next PVE easier?