Prodigal Sun: Oct. 2 - Oct. 9

Options

Comments

• Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So on the one hand I've gotten a ridiculous number of 3* covers from my token pulls. On the other hand, it's been Doom, Loki, Spider-Man, IM40 (with my fourth Recharge cover, no less...pass!) and finally Patch. One of these things is not like the others...

I've been super lucky with my token pulls as well. Doc Ock, BP, IW, HT, Punisher, and Hulk since this event started.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I hate you all right now.

I've had one gold token so far and it was a yellow Spidey... which rapidly joined my daily reward yellow Spidey in feeding Panther.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:

I've had one gold token so far and it was a yellow Spidey... which rapidly joined my daily reward yellow Spidey in feeding Panther.
    Are we the same day count? I got my Spidey yellow yesterday (day 280) which I promptly sold.
    My tokens produced zero 3*s so far. I only hope to catch a Hood or two for my dupe one.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Apparently yes - 280 today.

And it seems I missed a heroic token which coughed up a green Rags. I needed it but it's Rags icon_lol.gif
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am literally swimming in Ares tokens. Not jealous of you lucky buggers at all...

Made the mistake of underestimating Daredevil on my first run through the new essentials this morning, almighty crotch kick icon_e_sad.gif Enjoying matching Ares and Johnny Storm together, Johnny makes up for Ares' naff red and his black at 5 covers is wonderful.

Just a shame Doc keeps getting in the way for the essentials really
  • Seriously though, first token was a BP Black. Went nuts, definitely a much needed cover trying build my 3 star roster...

...since then: Moonstone, 3 Bullseye, Thor, 2 Torchling, Hawkeye, and Daken.

Hoping to get at least one more good one within the last few days of the event. Granted, **** covers have helped me level Hulk to 153, and BP from 55 to 71...but that's not the point.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Two new subs, and once again one is moderately hard and the other is hahahaha no. It's actually a shame that they don't allow you to beat a lot of the nodes even once, since the story for this event is pretty interesting and it'd be nice to actually follow it more closely instead of getting it in jumps and starts.

I think one of the tricks to getting the most points is that you HAVE to play at the end of the subs. The rubberbanding is the only thing that's going to make 105k happen and it's at its maximum at the end of subs. Starting a new sub over just makes me sigh because I'm back to a lower count per node (for some reason - no idea how they run PvE events anymore). Got about 40k to go and 100 points per node doesn't make that seem too likely. Still, I'm hoping that like the last event you can get 30-40% of your points in the last 12 hours (horrible design but at least it helps) so I'm trying to keep pushing just in case it works the same way, since last time I missed 120k by about 5k.
  • HairyDave wrote:

You've gotten one more than I have, then. Zilch, so far.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Good luck Loroku

As always with these PVE events, it's all about being able to do the essentials. All it takes is one lucky pull from a token and (hopefully) you're away. I've been very lucky with PVE in that in my first event, Spidey and Punisher were required characters and I pulled both from standard tokens. Got my grind on and bagged the 3* cover, and it's gone from there. All it takes is one and then future events get a lot easier (scaling allowing, of course!)
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think Hell's Kitchen is actually easier than Wakanda was. There were 2 nodes I didn't beat in Wakanda, and still managed to get Top 10, at the last minute in that. 2 subs makes it hard to decide how to grind at the end, but I did manage to finish 1st in LA and 10th in Wakanda. Gonna gun for Top 10 in DC and Top 50 in Hell's Kitchen. I guess it would help if I used more of my roster to actually play the subs.
  • Hell's Kitchen, you're killing me here. I think had less trouble with Wakanda. I mean, most of the nodes there were "Hard" from the beginning, so a lot I never even cleared once, but the others I could do pretty easily each refresh and have a bit of health to spare. Torch is cooking me everywhere with his flame jets, though, even on Normal. Ow, my health packs!

Maybe I'll just sit this sub out, concentrate on top 2 for DC instead.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is the Free Sentry node out there yet?
  • Is the Free Sentry node out there yet?

That's on Thunderbolt Mountain, the last sub.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,512 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "Doctor Octopus 2" on the Hell's Kitchen node just ate my team three times. Spider-Man for protect tiles, Human Toch for Flame Jet, and pyro to feed it. Unless everything falls exactly my way, it just plain kills me.

I'm done with it. Just done.
  • GrimSkald wrote:
    "Doctor Octopus 2" on the Hell's Kitchen node just ate my team three times. Spider-Man for protect tiles, Human Toch for Flame Jet, and pyro to feed it. Unless everything falls exactly my way, it just plain kills me.

I swear the AI wants me dead, I bring my Sentry/Ldaken and still get wiped. The board will have no yellow and green, and when there is one the AI takes it. I refuse to use my boost as it just adds to my MMR pain.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:

Patch, LDaken with Doc Ock have servered me well the entire Prodiigal Sun. Go after Green and blue. I can usually hit Chemical reaction to get enough tiles on the board for BR and since it is level 5 I can match a purple strike tile and use Doc Ock's black. Chemical reaction and BR usually kills 1 person and then when I match the strike tiles the match does 1500 damage and Doc's Black does another 1200. It takes out the goons preety fast and what ever is left over from Torch or Spidey.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,512 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:

Patch, LDaken with Doc Ock have servered me well the entire Prodiigal Sun. Go after Green and blue. I can usually hit Chemical reaction to get enough tiles on the board for BR and since it is level 5 I can match a purple strike tile and use Doc Ock's black. Chemical reaction and BR usually kills 1 person and then when I match the strike tiles the match does 1500 damage and Doc's Black does another 1200. It takes out the goons preety fast and what ever is left over from Torch or Spidey.

Unfortunately my 3* roster is somewhat limited, I have Patch at 97 (9 covers) and LDaken at 89 (10 covers.) I think I leveled up Patch a bit last week for the lightning rounds -- I've been anticipating a PVP for him which has yet to come. LDaken is, for me, at the cusp of what I think is levelable, one or two more covers (particularly purple) and I'll bring him up to his soft cap. My current build for him is 3/5/2 so he heals well, at least.

I've been playing either Psylocke and Falcon (Psy at 154, Falc at 111, both 13 covers but Psylock is 4/5/4 - not her best,) or Ares and OBW. If I get all three is Psy/Falc/Ares or Ares/OBW/Hood - I'll sub out OBW for CMags (154 with a 3/5/4 build,) if I don't have to worry about goons. So far it's served me well, but the issue is I either get screwed for that 5 blue so Falcon can eat the CDs, or Spidey gets out his Protect Tiles which means that Redwing can't handle all the tiles. Once Torch starts burning me with the Flame Jet (which he almost always does,) it's pretty much all over - since the Pyro feeds he he actually gains one green a turn when it's on.

So yeah. I think I'm going to forget about the Torch nodes for the rest of this.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Is the Free Sentry node out there yet?

That's on Thunderbolt Mountain, the last sub.

Cool, what color?
  • kalirion wrote:

Cool, what color?

If I remember correctly, it's red. I'd kill for a yellow, though.
  • kalirion wrote:

Cool, what color?

If I remember correctly, it's red. I'd kill for a yellow, though.

Yeah, mine is only 2/5/3, so while the Red is appreciated, the Yellow would be so much better. And it means I may not worry about getting top 25 in the PVP, since top 5 will almost certainly be out of my reach.