Prodigal Sun: Oct. 2 - Oct. 9

Options

Comments

• The answer is probably yes, but PVE mmr seems to work a bit differently than PVP mmr.
  • vudu3 wrote:
    Here's something I've long since wondered but never enough to actually look into it before now.

Does my performance in this PVE affect my scaling or sharding in the next PVE? I got my Doc Ock cover, and I don't care about Spidey rewards, but some sick, twisted part of me wants to continue grinding at a somewhat leisurely pace just because that's what I do in this game. Can I do this without repercussions? Or would I be better off quitting now in order to make the next PVE easier?

The difference between top 10 and top 50 is 500 ISO + 2 Covers which makes a total of 1500 ISO. I just hit 105K myself and plan to stay in the top 50 so will do a few nodes next sub just to see if I can pick up a few rewards + sentry cover.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We've arrived at Thunderbolts Mountain; if anybody can confirm the presence/absence of the Sentry reward I'll add it to the first post.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The text invites us to "win his loyalty for HAMMER" if that's any indication
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    Here's something I've long since wondered but never enough to actually look into it before now.

Does my performance in this PVE affect my scaling or sharding in the next PVE? I got my Doc Ock cover, and I don't care about Spidey rewards, but some sick, twisted part of me wants to continue grinding at a somewhat leisurely pace just because that's what I do in this game. Can I do this without repercussions? Or would I be better off quitting now in order to make the next PVE easier?

If past performance has any effect on future scaling/brackets it so imperceptable to be irrelavent. I tend to grind like crazy/place well and never seem to have scaling higher than other forum users.
  • No progress bar. So suppose no free character token node either on the last sub.

So far it seems no RB either.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    If past performance has any effect on future scaling/brackets it so imperceptable to be irrelavent. I tend to grind like crazy/place well and never seem to have scaling higher than other forum users.
    Seems like personal scaling used to be a pretty big consideration on how much grinding one might do, but it feels like that's been toned down quite a bit.
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Options
    I'm definitely not doing many of these nodes more than once! O.o So many of them start off so high already. Might just grind whatever I feel like for an event token at the very least I guess.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,512 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vetheran wrote:
    No progress bar. So suppose no free character token node either on the last sub.

So far it seems no RB either.

They definitely got rid of the progress bar for this event - it would have been in every sub as I recall, with the two unconnected non-restricted nodes being dependant on that progress bar getting filled.

Instead they open those nodes up when you complete the connected events. In the case of a branch, IIRC, it was probably dependant on one end.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Free red Sentry does exist.

I cleared the first 9 nodes (all non-essentials). That opens a join forces node that's really easy. Beating that opens up the Sentry node, which for me is 151 LCap / LThor / AWolvie
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    Added to the post. Much obliged!
  • pulled IW, mohawk, hood from 11 tokens
  • vudu3 wrote:

Assuming you already have 166s I think the only thing that can significantly impact your future PvE scaling is whether you've a 4* at 270.
  • Got two Bulseye from my Prodigal tokens... meh! Then got a Sentry and Falcon from the standard tokens received through my alliance ranking!

Keops
  • got my sentry on the last node. Node was at L167 with LThor, Lcap and ywolvy

not a big fan having to defeat a high level node. Had to go in boosted just to make sure.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    silverrex wrote:
    not a big fan having to defeat a high level node. Had to go in boosted just to make sure.
    I mean, they should make it at least a LITTLE challenging, right?
  • Trisul wrote:
    silverrex wrote:
    I mean, they should make it at least a LITTLE challenging, right?

Sentry Cover / 500 ISO whats the difference icon_e_smile.gif
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wait, so a red Sentry is or is not available, then?

I mean, if the last node is like super insane then it's pretty much impossible anyway, but just wondering.

Also, I'm pretty sad that I still need to grind pretty hard to get those last 20k points and this sub is mostly super death nodes. icon_e_sad.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    Is. As long as you can clear all the non-Doc-Ock nodes. Given the reward, it's probably worthwhile to go in with full boosts and bomb anything you can't beat on its own terms. Treat it like a Gauntlet stage - all you have to do is win once.
  • loroku wrote:
    Wait, so a red Sentry is or is not available, then?

I mean, if the last node is like super insane then it's pretty much impossible anyway, but just wondering.

Also, I'm pretty sad that I still need to grind pretty hard to get those last 20k points and this sub is mostly super death nodes. icon_e_sad.gif

is available if you beat the very last unlocked node.

my node was L167 and I have a L158 Ldaken, L153 Sentry, L130 Lthor, the rest are all L94 and under just to give you an idea what to expect if scaling is only roster based. If previous event placement also affects scaling then all I can say is based on the last couple my rankings were like 1,5,1,1,1,2,2 in reverse order