Prodigal Sun: Oct. 2 - Oct. 9

Options

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    silverrex wrote:
    loroku wrote:
    Wait, so a red Sentry is or is not available, then?

I mean, if the last node is like super insane then it's pretty much impossible anyway, but just wondering.

Also, I'm pretty sad that I still need to grind pretty hard to get those last 20k points and this sub is mostly super death nodes. icon_e_sad.gif

is available if you beat the very last unlocked node.

my node was L167 and I have a L158 Ldaken, L153 Sentry, L130 Lthor, the rest are all L94 and under just to give you an idea what to expect if scaling is only roster based. If previous event placement also affects scaling then all I can say is based on the last couple my rankings were like 1,5,1,1,1,2,2 in reverse order

My army of 94s saw 151. So heavy Daken/Sentry/Thor + whatever past performance algorithm exists = 16 extra levels.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh no - so not only are the nodes super hard, but they're going to get worse as time goes on! I unlocked the first three hards and they are already rising. This is definitely looking to be an insanely difficult challenge.

So the last time this event happened, was it easier to get the Sentry? Because honestly after 7 days of grinding I wouldn't feel bad if they gave every player one just for participation.
  • silverrex wrote:
    loroku wrote:
    Wait, so a red Sentry is or is not available, then?

I mean, if the last node is like super insane then it's pretty much impossible anyway, but just wondering.

Also, I'm pretty sad that I still need to grind pretty hard to get those last 20k points and this sub is mostly super death nodes. icon_e_sad.gif

is available if you beat the very last unlocked node.

my node was L167 and I have a L158 Ldaken, L153 Sentry, L130 Lthor, the rest are all L94 and under just to give you an idea what to expect if scaling is only roster based. If previous event placement also affects scaling then all I can say is based on the last couple my rankings were like 1,5,1,1,1,2,2 in reverse order

My army of 94s saw 151. So heavy Daken/Sentry/Thor + whatever past performance algorithm exists = 16 extra levels.

thats interesting, far less than what I expect. if you can bring a LvL150+ 3* team over a team of 94 in exchange for 16 more difficult level, I think its clear that I got the advantage here. I suspect if I max them at L166, it would be different.

anyone with a L166 team care to comment?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    my 166 team got squashed by the BP node. I will try again later and give an update
  • loroku
    Options
    Is. As long as you can clear all the non-Doc-Ock nodes. Given the reward, it's probably worthwhile to go in with full boosts and bomb anything you can't beat on its own terms. Treat it like a Gauntlet stage - all you have to do is win once.
    Winning once is still the trick. Even with boosts I'm barely squeaking by on the hard nodes, and now I'm going to have to wait a bit thanks to a lack of health packs and these nodes are only going to scale up while I wait. (Already not sure if I can beat some of them.) In another 6 hours every node will be impossible (other than the required ones). So not only is getting Sentry going to be out of range, I may miss the final progression reward, too. icon_e_smile.gif

At least PvE is still better than PvP?

Another question: if I level up my Ares (for example), will this increase my node levels or will they stay the same?
  • Unknown
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm surprised that there was again a Sentry cover reward at the end. I wasn't expecting it icon_e_smile.gif

I've played all the nodes once excluding essential ones since I don't have a Doc Oc concluding it with 20320 points exactly, so, 20k is not really a grind. My last node (Sentry reward) was level 156. I have several 3* above 100 and many level 94s. I beat the node with Ares (94), Hood (114) and OBW (94) without boosts.
  • I was going to wait until tomorrow to enter this sub, but I am thinking I need to get Sentry while the getting is slightly, correction somewhat, painful.
  • just finished my 2nd pass thru. I am however will be skipping the two high level nodes with hulk. Just dont like triggering his anger. Sure the scaling has not reach out of hand for me but I hate to spend so much focus and intensity on every match. Most of the nodes requires me to pay absolute attention when there are Bird strikes, Rage of the panther and sniper rifles which are all game ending if I slip.

with close to 30k lead over 3rd place, I hope it will be enough as long as I just do my usual run when ever I can for the reminder of the event
  • loroku
    Options
    KevinMark wrote:
    I've played all the nodes once excluding essential ones since I don't have a Doc Oc concluding it with 20320 points exactly, so, 20k is not really a grind. My last node (Sentry reward) was level 156. I have several 3* above 100 and many level 94s. I beat the node with Ares (94), Hood (114) and OBW (94) without boosts.
    You got 20k points for beating all the nodes?!?!

Wow, that's crazy. I have managed to get through most of them and I'm getting a few hundred for each. I think I'm on track to get closer to 3-5k for a full complete.

Do people with higher level characters get more points per node?! That would certainly explain why some people seem to be breezing to 105k and I still might not make it...
  • loroku wrote:
    KevinMark wrote:
    You got 20k points for beating all the nodes?!?!

Wow, that's crazy. I have managed to get through most of them and I'm getting a few hundred for each. I think I'm on track to get closer to 3-5k for a full complete.

Do people with higher level characters get more points per node?! That would certainly explain why some people seem to be breezing to 105k and I still might not make it...

I sit at rank 1 with 190k and my first pass thru was about 7680 including all the one time nodes. so 20k sounds like he must be 100k behind the leader
  • loroku
    Options
    Yup, just calculated: I don't know what all the nodes are just yet but the main 10 nodes (excluding the "required" nodes) are going to give me about 4.5k, I think. Even with the final 2 hidden nodes, there's NO WAY it will be worth that much to me.

Oh oh - you're saying it's a rubberbanding thing? But that also doesn't make sense: because each new sub, the rubberbanding seems to reset to basically zero for me. The subs are all worth WAY more at the end than at the beginning, and large node values aren't even seen until the last few hours each time. But they don't carry over.
  • loroku
    Options
    silverrex wrote:
    so 20k sounds like he must be 100k behind the leader
    I've got about 1/3rd the points as the leader in my sub, and I'm about 60k behind the leader in my main. I assume the "global" leader is even further ahead of me.
  • KevinMark wrote:
    I'm surprised that there was again a Sentry cover reward at the end. I wasn't expecting it icon_e_smile.gif

I am interpreting this to read that the OP beat every non-essential node from the start of the event 1 time and has a total score of 20k. I could be wrong, but that is how it reads to me.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    Winning once is still the trick. Even with boosts I'm barely squeaking by on the hard nodes, and now I'm going to have to wait a bit thanks to a lack of health packs and these nodes are only going to scale up while I wait. (Already not sure if I can beat some of them.) In another 6 hours every node will be impossible (other than the required ones). So not only is getting Sentry going to be out of range, I may miss the final progression reward, too. icon_e_smile.gif

At least PvE is still better than PvP?

Another question: if I level up my Ares (for example), will this increase my node levels or will they stay the same?

Sounds like you're doing better than I am. I just wiped on the Defend The Sentry I on NORMAL lvl 77 with the ideal team of Ares/OBW/Daken
    Falcon has been my bane in this PvE and it has been rare for me to kill him fast enough before he starts spamming protect tiles.
    I think leveling him up would affect the scaling of your future nodes but I'm sure someone with longer tenure knows for sure.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,512 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On the bright side, it sounds like you guys are going after the hardest nodes first (I did too.) The middle path is definetely the highest difficulty. The three on the upper and lower paths are much easier.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got my Sentry to 5 red with the last PVP, and I pulled a icon_spiderman.pngblueflag.png with tokens from the last sub, so my motivation to grind has been dramatically reduced.
  • loroku wrote:

My understanding is that your starting point enemy level is based on your highest leveled character. So if a node is starting at 80%, it would be level 75 for a 94 roster, 133 for a 166 roster and 216 for a 270 roster. From there, community scaling moves everybody and individual scaling moves you.
  • papa07 wrote:
    loroku wrote:

My understanding is that your starting point enemy level is based on your highest leveled character. So if a node is starting at 80%, it would be level 75 for a 94 roster, 133 for a 166 roster and 216 for a 270 roster. From there, community scaling moves everybody and individual scaling moves you.

are you saying someone with 3 level 166 character faces the same scaling as someone with 10 character's at max 166?

awhile ago I read someone who kept all of his 2* and 3* at 94 and no higher, yet his nodes are very similar to mine and I have 3 characters at L150+ rest are 94. I wonder if there are brackets so unless I have 1 max 166, the game still sees me as 94+ sort of like this <94, 94, 94+, 166, 166+ and 270.

if that is the case than I will never max any character to 166, I'll try to keep them all <160 (even x-force/Nick fury) once I have enough covers for them.
  • silverrex wrote:
    are you saying someone with 3 level 166 character faces the same scaling as someone with 10 character's at max 166?

awhile ago I read someone who kept all of his 2* and 3* at 94 and no higher, yet his nodes are very similar to mine and I have 3 characters at L150+ rest are 94. I wonder if there are brackets so unless I have 1 max 166, the game still sees me as 94+ sort of like this <94, 94, 94+, 166, 166+ and 270.

if that is the case than I will never max any character to 166, I'll try to keep them all <160 (even x-force/Nick fury) once I have enough covers for them.

My highest leveled characters are 113. I have 10 at that level, including 5 cover maxed (6 with the Sentry Red in 4 nodes) and XForce

Defend Sentry 1 - Falcon, AWolvie 114 and 115
    Defend Sentry 3 - Thor, Hulk, IM40 120 and 121
    Defend Sentry 6 - BP and Cap 117

I don't know if the theory holds, but post where you are at and we can see if it is reasonable (since personal scaling is likely different)
  • papa07 wrote:
    silverrex wrote:

My highest leveled characters are 113. I have 10 at that level, including 5 cover maxed (6 with the Sentry Red in 4 nodes) and XForce

Defend Sentry 1 - Falcon, AWolvie 114 and 115
    Defend Sentry 3 - Thor, Hulk, IM40 120 and 121
    Defend Sentry 6 - BP and Cap 117

I don't know if the theory holds, but post where you are at and we can see if it is reasonable (since personal scaling is likely different)

Defend Sentry 1 - 124, 124
    Defend Sentry 3 - 130,131
    Defend Sentry 6 - 124, 125

I have L158 Ldaken, L153 Sentry and L130 Lthor, rest are all 94 and under

so roughly 10 level difference, mind you I have 190k and have been grinding quite a bit to stay at rank 1. Where did you finish in the last PvE? I finished 2nd last event.

for all I know the 10 level could very well be personal scaling due to where I am now or based on previous event placement. Knowing this, if you knew you could bring up your characters to under 166 and at worse take a 10 level scaling hit, I think most will take that.

Now we just need someone who has level 166 character to comment on their nodes