Prodigal Sun: Oct. 2 - Oct. 9

Options

Comments

• It's fun trying to beat all level 166 guys on the final node...especially when you have to use buffed Ares, buffed Daken, and max OBW.......

.........so much tinykittying fun.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    muz1kman wrote:
    It's fun trying to beat all level 166 guys on the final node...especially when you have to use buffed Ares, buffed Daken, and max OBW.......

But buffed Ares is stronger than the better part of 3*s, with oBW and Daken's support you should be nigh unstoppable. Boost blue/purple if not having success.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ugh, trying to beat a node of all 177's....with a mostly two-star roster.
  • Nellobee wrote:

You can beat any node with cstorm/mnmags/daken, a boost and a little luck.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    enemyprotect.png
    ark123 wrote:
    Nellobee wrote:

You can beat any node with cstorm/mnmags/daken, a boost and a little luck.
    If I had either a maxed daken or luck!
  • locked wrote:
    muz1kman wrote:
    It's fun trying to beat all level 166 guys on the final node...especially when you have to use buffed Ares, buffed Daken, and max OBW.......

But buffed Ares is stronger than the better part of 3*s, with oBW and Daken's support you should be nigh unstoppable. Boost blue/purple if not having success.

Got it the 2nd time around. Didn't get much purple on the board the first time, and no cascades. Wolvie's Adamantium Slash is ridiculous when he's boosted that high.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just opened the final node. Level 186 when my highest level unboosted character is 114... and that's Thor, so not exactly helpful in this fight.
  • Ugh,.... I finally got my Sentry reward. I got wiped 8x times (my highest non-boosted char is lvl 50).

What saved me was using a Trickster team up. Even when I got 1000+ added to each of my hits, I still barely won.
  • I'm down to doing the three really easy nodes and the two essentials, and have done a few of the other nodes once (but nowhere near all of them). That seems to keep me between 20-25 in the main; considering the difference between top 20 and top 50 is, I think, 500 ISO, not worrying about top 20.

I need to lower my PVE mmr anyway, after all.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I'm down to doing the three really easy nodes and the two essentials, and have done a few of the other nodes once (but nowhere near all of them). That seems to keep me between 20-25 in the main; considering the difference between top 20 and top 50 is, I think, 500 ISO, not worrying about top 20.

I need to lower my PVE mmr anyway, after all.
    Why are you worrying about placement, anyway?
    Just get your Doc cover and then completely stop, like every sane person lol.

I still need to grind out 13K in the last 14 hours, after that I need some therapy so that I can forget about my scaling.
    NOT looking forward to the next PVE where I care about placement again.
    Punishing me for levelling my 4*s is really some... interesting game design.
    In almost every other game it gets easier the more you invest (time and/or money), here it seems every month there's something to punish you for progressing.
  • Got my Sentry cover, for me the oponents were 202's So not horible, but quite hard, wiped like 4 times before I got er done.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Made my Doc Ock token this morning - I'm currently 136 in Thunderbolts Mtn and 55 overall - I do want the Spider Man cover (it will max out my purple and bring him up to 2/5/5,) so I'll try to keep top 50 for the extra HP and Iso, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

I must say, the top player in my bracket is hardcore. wicilith - she or he has a rating of 221337 and a roster with two 3*s over 100 (Psylocke at 111, Hood at 102.) Their CMags is at minimum level, too, with three covers. Damn, this person must be hitting those nodes every two hours...

Addendum - #2 is at 166370, almost 60,000 points away...
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Why are you worrying about placement, anyway?
    Just get your Doc cover and then completely stop, like every sane person lol.

I got my Doc already; putting in a minimal amount of effort for a bit of ISO and HP is worth it at this point, especially since nothing much is going on tonight - I'll do a handful of matches in the PVP, but not too many (the big push is tomorrow), LRs are over, and I can do the PVE missions idly and pick up a chunk of stuff for it. The effort vs. reward can be spent either here or in the SHIELD simulator, and it's more likely to pay off here.
  • Phantron wrote:
    For what it's worth my nodes all started out level 180-190 when I first unlocked them so they're about 60 levels higher than the guy with level 150 Daken. I'm sitting at #400 or so in the event so clearly I haven't done anything interesting in this event in terms of personal scaling. I have a 270 X Force, 250ish Nick Fury, and at least 10 level 166s. I strongly suspect it's the 270 X Force that's making everything about 60 levels higher than a close to max 166 roster. Not counting any past history modifier (those are impossible for any individual to calculate), assuming the level 270 is responsible for the added weight as it is the case in Gauntlet event, let's say levels are just added linearly so a 166 roster would have enemies in the 140 range, then going back to some data point I collected back in Gauntlet:

My node 120/3* roster 100
    My node 395/3* roster 315

Using this for a linear extrapolation for what a base level 180-190 for me would be for a max 3* roster I get

(180-120)/(395-120) = 0.218 (% of level toward 395)
    100 + (0.218)*(315-100) = 146.9

So a max 3* roster should face a level 147 opponent and this number looks surprisingly inline with the number reported by the guy with a 150 Daken (he doesn't even have a 166, so it should be even lower and it looks about the right ballpark). This also means for this event having a 270 X Force that's worth about a +33-43 level on all your opponents, which is why I"m really not motivated to play this game right now since as powerful as X Force is, he's not making up a total of +100-130 enemy levels.

I'm assuming your referring to me? I have a L158 Ldaken. which is my highest character follow by a L153 Sentry. Now the question begs will hitting L166 take me into a higher difficulty bracket. Clearly your L270 character did so it might be the same for L166 rosters.
  • Boosted 2* Daken + CStorm + MNMags defeats most nodes easily. The last node (lvl 144) I used +3All and +3Blue/Purple, and got out with only BP using Battleplan, no other damaging powers (only a stun). Definitely had to hold off on using Polarity Switches until I had the right arrangement, especially with Cap trying to suck up blue. A last minute Lightning Storm into Magnetic Flux was able to hold off Thor's CoTS the turn before he launched it.

Boosted Daken tanks almost everything on CStorm/MNMags.

Earlier was using Boosted 2* Daken + Boosted Ock, + Wolverine, but found it overall weaker than Daken+Wolverine+MStorm, only disadvantage being MStorm's weakness to AOE damage.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, +3 Blue/Purple and +3 All AP lets you stomp pretty much anything. The enemies in my run of The Final Choice never even got a power off.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'll echo the above comments about how good MNMags/CStorm are in PvE, Daken/MNMags/CStorm with +all and +blue/purple boosts are what won me Sentry as well.

I don't think any other combination can reliably win so easily in all of 2* land. They should be on every 2* transition roster.
  • I'm still on track to get Top 10 so I might as well keep grinding - because SPIDER-MAN, YEAH!

SPIDER-MAN

SPIDER-MAN

DOES WHATEVER BUT NO ONE CARES

*drops mic*
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    silverrex wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    For what it's worth my nodes all started out level 180-190 when I first unlocked them so they're about 60 levels higher than the guy with level 150 Daken. I'm sitting at #400 or so in the event so clearly I haven't done anything interesting in this event in terms of personal scaling. I have a 270 X Force, 250ish Nick Fury, and at least 10 level 166s. I strongly suspect it's the 270 X Force that's making everything about 60 levels higher than a close to max 166 roster. Not counting any past history modifier (those are impossible for any individual to calculate), assuming the level 270 is responsible for the added weight as it is the case in Gauntlet event, let's say levels are just added linearly so a 166 roster would have enemies in the 140 range, then going back to some data point I collected back in Gauntlet:

My node 120/3* roster 100
    My node 395/3* roster 315

Using this for a linear extrapolation for what a base level 180-190 for me would be for a max 3* roster I get

(180-120)/(395-120) = 0.218 (% of level toward 395)
    100 + (0.218)*(315-100) = 146.9

So a max 3* roster should face a level 147 opponent and this number looks surprisingly inline with the number reported by the guy with a 150 Daken (he doesn't even have a 166, so it should be even lower and it looks about the right ballpark). This also means for this event having a 270 X Force that's worth about a +33-43 level on all your opponents, which is why I"m really not motivated to play this game right now since as powerful as X Force is, he's not making up a total of +100-130 enemy levels.

I'm assuming your referring to me? I have a L158 Ldaken. which is my highest character follow by a L153 Sentry. Now the question begs will hitting L166 take me into a higher difficulty bracket. Clearly your L270 character did so it might be the same for L166 rosters.

I just started the sub and my nodes currently sit between 160-210ish (there might have been a few 140's I'm forgetting) with a 166 roster so take that for what it's worth.
  • FierceKiwi wrote:
    I just started the sub and my nodes currently sit between 160-210ish (there might have been a few 140's I'm forgetting) with a 166 roster so take that for what it's worth.

can you just briefly tell me what are the levels for your

Defend the Sentry V (wolve/obw/hawkeye)
    Defend the Sentry VI (bp/goon/lcap)
    Final Choice (Lthor/Lcap/Wolv)

appreciate it your input