Prodigal Sun: Oct. 2 - Oct. 9

Options

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    silverrex wrote:

awhile ago I read someone who kept all of his 2* and 3* at 94 and no higher, yet his nodes are very similar to mine and I have 3 characters at L150+ rest are 94. I wonder if there are brackets so unless I have 1 max 166, the game still sees me as 94+ sort of like this <94, 94, 94+, 166, 166+ and 270.

if that is the case than I will never max any character to 166, I'll try to keep them all <160 (even x-force/Nick fury) once I have enough covers for them.
    As best I can tell it is based on your breadth of available roster (so heroics based on the limited roster), with weighting (possibly heavy weighting) given to your highest level character.

Maybe I'm doing so erroneously, but that's why I took my 3*s evenly to 94, and will likely go to 124 next (2* + 30 level boost). I'd like to keep my 2*s viable for PvE as long as possible.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,512 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Whew. That's my red Sentry cover, which brings him up to 5/4/3 (and just level 55, I'm not sure how much I'll level him, really.) Not an ideal build, probably, but not bad.

I was biting my nails - the AI got a nice cascade on round 1 and hit me with a Peacemaker on round 2 - I was even unable to stop the CD and he got the blue back. But I was able to kill the protect tile, and my Hood drained the AP like a champ. No losses, Ares and Magneto banged up for about an hour's worth of healing.

My last node was 184s. My highest level characters in my roster are 154s - Psylock, Hulk, HT, Magneto. My Hood is 127, and I have two 111s and two 97s.
  • silverrex wrote:
    [Defend Sentry 1 - 124, 124
    Defend Sentry 3 - 130,131
    Defend Sentry 6 - 124, 125

I have L158 Ldaken, L153 Sentry and L130 Lthor, rest are all 94 and under

so roughly 10 level difference, mind you I have 190k and have been grinding quite a bit to stay at rank 1. Where did you finish in the last PvE? I finished 2nd last event.

for all I know the 10 level could very well be personal scaling due to where I am now or based on previous event placement. Knowing this, if you knew you could bring up your characters to under 166 and at worse take a 10 level scaling hit, I think most will take that.

Now we just need someone who has level 166 character to comment on their nodes

There goes that theory. My average level is 73.55, so if yours is around 80, that might work. But, obviously, I do not understand the mechanics as well as I thought I did.

I am a late joiner/ride the rubberband type. Entered late in the 3rd sub and will finish with about 85K and a top10 finish. Last event made 122K and 39th. You should have harder scaling based on past results.
  • silverrex wrote:

awhile ago I read someone who kept all of his 2* and 3* at 94 and no higher, yet his nodes are very similar to mine and I have 3 characters at L150+ rest are 94. I wonder if there are brackets so unless I have 1 max 166, the game still sees me as 94+ sort of like this <94, 94, 94+, 166, 166+ and 270.

if that is the case than I will never max any character to 166, I'll try to keep them all <160 (even x-force/Nick fury) once I have enough covers for them.
    As best I can tell it is based on your breadth of available roster (so heroics based on the limited roster), with weighting (possibly heavy weighting) given to your highest level character.

Maybe I'm doing so erroneously, but that's why I took my 3*s evenly to 94, and will likely go to 124 next (2* + 30 level boost). I'd like to keep my 2*s viable for PvE as long as possible.

That is why I kept my 3* at 110 for the longest time as well. Just started to creep them up.
  • papa07 wrote:
    silverrex wrote:
    [Defend Sentry 1 - 124, 124
    Defend Sentry 3 - 130,131
    Defend Sentry 6 - 124, 125

I have L158 Ldaken, L153 Sentry and L130 Lthor, rest are all 94 and under

so roughly 10 level difference, mind you I have 190k and have been grinding quite a bit to stay at rank 1. Where did you finish in the last PvE? I finished 2nd last event.

for all I know the 10 level could very well be personal scaling due to where I am now or based on previous event placement. Knowing this, if you knew you could bring up your characters to under 166 and at worse take a 10 level scaling hit, I think most will take that.

Now we just need someone who has level 166 character to comment on their nodes

There goes that theory. My average level is 73.55, so if yours is around 80, that might work. But, obviously, I do not understand the mechanics as well as I thought I did.

I am a late joiner/ride the rubberband type. Entered late in the 3rd sub and will finish with about 85K and a top10 finish. Last event made 122K and 39th. You should have harder scaling based on past results.

I have 48 characters on my roster and adding all the levels up and divided by 48 I get 66. It could still play a factor as I did finish high previously as well as grinding like a mad cow on this one. If total level is a factor, then all one has to do is increase roster space by adding low level characters to keep the average low.

I am also wondering if the featured/buffed character is where they take the average. Since the one event where my Lthor was buffed not too long ago my base L130 Lthor I faced insane levels of opponent. just when I thought it would make it easier when I have a super buffed character it actually made it all the more difficult.
  • I have not noticed any significant changes in my scaling until I got X Force to level 270. I think I had 10 characters at level 166 though Nick Fury was in the low 200s for a while too.

It seems like hitting 270 has a very high extra factor on your scaling comparing my scaling to other players with max 166s and a 4* somewhere between 166 and 270.
  • papa07 wrote:
    KevinMark wrote:
    I'm surprised that there was again a Sentry cover reward at the end. I wasn't expecting it icon_e_smile.gif

I've played all the nodes once excluding essential ones since I don't have a Doc Oc concluding it with 20320 points exactly, so, 20k is not really a grind. My last node (Sentry reward) was level 156. I have several 3* above 100 and many level 94s. I beat the node with Ares (94), Hood (114) and OBW (94) without boosts.

I am interpreting this to read that the OP beat every non-essential node from the start of the event 1 time and has a total score of 20k. I could be wrong, but that is how it reads to me.
    Yes, that's what I meant.
  • Phantron wrote:
    I have not noticed any significant changes in my scaling until I got X Force to level 270. I think I had 10 characters at level 166 though Nick Fury was in the low 200s for a while too.

It seems like hitting 270 has a very high extra factor on your scaling comparing my scaling to other players with max 166s and a 4* somewhere between 166 and 270.

did you ever recall the same feeling as soon as you hit your first 166 level character?
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well that was fun.

Wiped on Defend the Sentry VI by BP firing off Battle Plan then two RoP to kill OBW after I barely downed Cap & the Sniper at the cost of Ares & Daken.
    I have not yet defeated any of these nodes except the very first one despite semi-boosting with whitecrit.png for +25%
    Maybe I'm just playing wrong...
  • Vankysher wrote:
    Well that was fun.

Wiped on Defend the Sentry VI by BP firing off Battle Plan then two RoP to kill OBW after I barely downed Cap & the Sniper at the cost of Ares & Daken.
    I have not yet defeated any of these nodes except the very first one despite semi-boosting with whitecrit.png for +25%

you should work on the left path with falcon/wolv/goon since after that one the next two are the easiest amongt the 10 nodes. The right path unlocks the 2nd easier route and the hardest imo is the middle.

just to give you an idea my bp.cap node is level 133 and the two easiest nodes (if you can unlock them to the far left) are Lvl 43 (all goons) and Lvl 55 with wolv/hulk/goon
  • dingao666
    dingao666 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    which ramification sentry cover is?
  • silverrex wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    I have not noticed any significant changes in my scaling until I got X Force to level 270. I think I had 10 characters at level 166 though Nick Fury was in the low 200s for a while too.

did you ever recall the same feeling as soon as you hit your first 166 level character?

No but community scaling wasn't even a concept when I had my first character maxed at 141, and early on the scaling is tied to a lot of other weird things that have nothing to do with your roster strength so it's hard to get a clear picture. All I can say is once scaling seems to have settled I have not seen any significant change in scaling that cannot be explained by community scaling until I recently got X Force to 270, but I'll need more data to say anything conclusive. I don't recall seeing any node under 180 in any 'hard' track/bracket since I have X Force to 270, and I could've swore the nodes at least used to start below 166 even if it didn't take long for them to scale past that, and sure 20 levels on each character do not seen like much, but that's 60 total levels and definitely has an impact on my playing experience.
  • dingao666 wrote:
    Red it is.
  • dingao666
    Options
    KevinMark wrote:
    dingao666 wrote:
    Red it is.

srry worng question hehe

which node i can get this red cover?
  • dingao666 wrote:
    KevinMark wrote:
    dingao666 wrote:
    Red it is.

srry worng question hehe

It's hidden until you complete every node except the essentials
  • dingao666
    Options
    papa07 wrote:
    dingao666 wrote:
    KevinMark wrote:
    dingao666 wrote:
    Red it is.

srry worng question hehe

It's hidden until you complete every node except the essentials

haaaa

ty
  • Forseeing how annoying level 136 Defend the Sentry 1 could be, I tackled it with the allmighty combo of Daredevil / Loki / Dock. Lieutenant fell to matches powered by the remainder of Falcon's Bird Strike, Wolverine was Ambushed, and Falcon himself fell to match damage and attack tiles powered by the remainder of his second Bird Strike. By the end, Bagdevil was down a bit over half his health, and Dock was almost dead. Fully protected Loki came out without a scratch.

Was worried about the level 193 final node, but GSBW, LDaken and Punisher made short work of them (so short that the bored Punisher didn't even get to use any of his abilities.)

And with that, following the (expensively earned) top 5 in the last PVP, my Sentry is now cover-maxed at the Sub-Optimal 4-5-4.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    silverrex wrote:
    Vankysher wrote:
    Well that was fun.

you should work on the left path with falcon/wolv/goon since after that one the next two are the easiest amongt the 10 nodes. The right path unlocks the 2nd easier route and the hardest imo is the middle.

just to give you an idea my bp.cap node is level 133 and the two easiest nodes (if you can unlock them to the far left) are Lvl 43 (all goons) and Lvl 55 with wolv/hulk/goon

Thanks! I boosted again & this time the RNG gave me a very friendly board so I was able to get past it and clear the all goon node.
    Now I can hopefully advance through each node.
  • Picked up my blue icon_doctoroctopus.png cover midway through a first clear of Thunderbolts Mountain. Finished off the clear with a 212 icon_thor.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_wolverine.png node that fell to icon_daken.pngicon_sentry.pngicon_hood.png quite quickly. Go team PvP bomb!

Essentially done with this but if I'm back in time tomorrow night I'll give a few nodes a poking at to see if I can keep top 50 in my main solely for the imcoin.png. Otherwise, no real worries, currently 12th. Might do a clear in the morning, but then nothing until much later. This has been a nice one with relatively little ugliness needed to snag a few tokens, some nice iso8.png & imcoin.png
  • For what it's worth my nodes all started out level 180-190 when I first unlocked them so they're about 60 levels higher than the guy with level 150 Daken. I'm sitting at #400 or so in the event so clearly I haven't done anything interesting in this event in terms of personal scaling. I have a 270 X Force, 250ish Nick Fury, and at least 10 level 166s. I strongly suspect it's the 270 X Force that's making everything about 60 levels higher than a close to max 166 roster. Not counting any past history modifier (those are impossible for any individual to calculate), assuming the level 270 is responsible for the added weight as it is the case in Gauntlet event, let's say levels are just added linearly so a 166 roster would have enemies in the 140 range, then going back to some data point I collected back in Gauntlet:

My node 120/3* roster 100
    My node 395/3* roster 315

Using this for a linear extrapolation for what a base level 180-190 for me would be for a max 3* roster I get

(180-120)/(395-120) = 0.218 (% of level toward 395)
    100 + (0.218)*(315-100) = 146.9

So a max 3* roster should face a level 147 opponent and this number looks surprisingly inline with the number reported by the guy with a 150 Daken (he doesn't even have a 166, so it should be even lower and it looks about the right ballpark). This also means for this event having a 270 X Force that's worth about a +33-43 level on all your opponents, which is why I"m really not motivated to play this game right now since as powerful as X Force is, he's not making up a total of +100-130 enemy levels.