Unstable ISO!!!

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Yes me too, I am sure we won't have to wait long.

I also managed to do that last repeatable 3 times successfully, with a few misses, which put just put me in the top 200
    So at least one of the new iron man covers icon_e_smile.gif

woow the last repeatable mission is so hard. and yet why do you rank in top 200 only? i got inn top 50 not even doing that mission once. my team only got C Storm lv 69 and Ironman lv 50. thor only lv35

You must of been in a much easier pool of players, I guess.
    Out top player had almost 3k I think

I finished on 1029 points. Couldn't get to the repeatable mission before the second last day as my characters were too weak.
    I eventually started just doing the impossible missions and got through.

But that last mission sure had no margin for error
  • Yes me too, I am sure we won't have to wait long.

I also managed to do that last repeatable 3 times successfully, with a few misses, which put just put me in the top 200
    So at least one of the new iron man covers icon_e_smile.gif

woow the last repeatable mission is so hard. and yet why do you rank in top 200 only? i got inn top 50 not even doing that mission once. my team only got C Storm lv 69 and Ironman lv 50. thor only lv35

You must of been in a much easier pool of players, I guess.
    Out top player had almost 3k I think

I finished on 1029 points. Couldn't get to the repeatable mission before the second last day as my characters were too weak.
    I eventually started just doing the impossible missions and got through.

But that last mission sure had no margin for error
    huh?? there is no pool of players in unstable iso8. we play against the computer A.I. not PvP tournament. i manag to rank 23 only by abusing storm passive skill and venom as bait. that's all. easier?? please try
  • The pool of players he is referring to is regarding the bracket for rankings
  • bracket for ranking? what do u mean? as i know the top chart in unstable iso is not moving too much because there is no loss point like in pvp. easier player? what confusing me is, if he can beat the moonston-ragnarok-commander team couple times, by that time he should be ranked in top 20 at least. that mission is so hard. maybe he miss the moonstone first repeatbale mission, which is i abused her about 20 times. using all my booster
  • bracket for ranking? what do u mean? as i know the top chart in unstable iso is not moving too much because there is no loss point like in pvp. easier player? what confusing me is, if he can beat the moonston-ragnarok-commander team couple times, by that time he should be ranked in top 20 at least. that mission is so hard. maybe he miss the moonstone first repeatbale mission, which is i abused her about 20 times. using all my booster

The players are divided into brackets based on some matchmaking algorithm. Some tournaments feature 2.000 players per bracket some 100.000 players per bracket.

For the Iso-8 tournament the 1st player in my bracket had over 3000 points, finishing all missions + several repeatables barely put me into top 200. Based on how good the other people in your bracket are it's easier or harder to get a top place. I heard of brackets with 5000+ for first place and others <2000 for first place so it's all relative to your competition.
  • In particular, this tournament had 1000 players per bracket (or 999; the first day mine said 1000, but then dropped to 999 for some reason).

Top in my bracket was around 3500 as I recall. With around 1250 points I was #143.
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Options
    finwe wrote:
    The players are divided into brackets based on some matchmaking algorithm. Some tournaments feature 2.000 players per bracket some 100.000 players per bracket.

For the Iso-8 tournament the 1st player in my bracket had over 3000 points, finishing all missions + several repeatables barely put me into top 200. Based on how good the other people in your bracket are it's easier or harder to get a top place. I heard of brackets with 5000+ for first place and others <2000 for first place so it's all relative to your competition.

Their was only one bracket with someone over 5k and I was in it, I had 2004 points and placed 20th >.<
  • Any ideas of when the next episode will launch?
  • Zathrus wrote:
    In particular, this tournament had 1000 players per bracket (or 999; the first day mine said 1000, but then dropped to 999 for some reason).

Top in my bracket was around 3500 as I recall. With around 1250 points I was #143.

That bracket sounds familiar icon_twisted.gif Tough old bracket.
  • yeah, our damn bracket. top 15 was minimum 2200. dralius pushed out archjojo.
  • Looks like I got lucky - 15th with 1950.
  • I amanged to land 13th with 2502 iso. The 14 and 15 were catching up, managed to grind up to 2500, keep my rank and get the 500 hero points. Now i know if another one of these events pop up you have to grind the easier ones like hell.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Well, I'll give the opposite response...

I didn't farm the first two missions at all (the 4 point and 2 point ones.) I had actually resigned myself to not trying to do well in the event since it was too 'hard'. I started farming when the 6-point Moonstone mission became available, which was doable. Then I farmed the last two missions a bit, as well...and was able to do them quicker than it would take me to do the 4 point mission twice or the 2 point mission 3 times. (It was at this time that I realized how cheap boosts are...)

I ended up with ~2600 points in the top 15.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Zathrus wrote:
    In particular, this tournament had 1000 players per bracket (or 999; the first day mine said 1000, but then dropped to 999 for some reason).
    We probably ate a cheater. Once the brackets are filled, we don't go back and refill them since players can't normally leave.
  • I also suspect that if you have a phone reset and not linked to facebook than you might leave a bracket?
    As you would have to start again with a different user name
    At this point you also can't use the old user name as it technically still belongs to a player
    Would depend on when accounts are removed

Ours also started at 1000 and went down to 998 I think
  • read above post (icexz), looks like they banned some cheaters
  • Yes thanks, I did see that.

I was just wondering if that was the only reason as I am not sure what happens to accounts that are not linked to facebook and abandoned with no way to get back on to them
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Yes thanks, I did see that.

I was just wondering if that was the only reason as I am not sure what happens to accounts that are not linked to facebook and abandoned with no way to get back on to them
    They stay on our servers, orphaned and alone. It's always possible that someone could want it back later and as long as we have their PVP name at least we could recover it. We could also recover it off Player ID if they delete the game but have another D3 game on the device so that the ID stays the same.
  • Damn, thanks IceIX for letting me know.

I had a reset on my phone and lost my account and progress but am now further on the new account than I originally was then so would be a step back to restore
    Hence the 're' in my user name