Unstable ISO!!!

OMG NEW EVENT RELEASED!!! YES!!!

Comments

• Oooh! Red ISO-8! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Captain America available without having to win at PVP? Don't mind if I do!

What does this unstable ISO do btw? I'm at work so I'm eager to know.
  • Dninot wrote:
    What does this unstable ISO do btw? I'm at work so I'm eager to know.

It boils your bunny. Best steer clear.

Edit: Lol I meant to add: "Seriously though I'm not really sure as I don't think it's been revealed. Maybe a items to purchase or a new leaderboard to win stuff?"
  • My God the rewards are amazing!!!
  • Dninot
    hogunner wrote:
    It boils your bunny. Best steer clear.

My doctor said I shouldn't boil my bunny. Good advice.
  • ur rng better me on spot cuz you can only get one reward per event!! (i think)
  • forgrim wrote:
    ur rng better me on spot cuz you can only get one reward per event!! (i think)

You can only do each mission once per day if I read that right so you'll be able to try them again tomorrow (not sure if the timer is an individual 24 hours from when you last did each mission or if there is a specific time when everyone's unlock again).
  • Holy moly! Just notice the new 3 star Iron Man (Model 40) you get for winning the tournament (or placing top 200). Nice! I wonder what his abilities are?
  • hogunner wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    ur rng better me on spot cuz you can only get one reward per event!! (i think)

You can only do each mission once per day if I read that right so you'll be able to try them again tomorrow (not sure if the timer is an individual 24 hours from when you last did each mission or if there is a specific time when everyone's unlock again).
    That's great! I was afraid that these missions are not repeatable icon_e_smile.gif
  • Question for developers is:

what happens when there are ties as in ppl do the missions every day and tie at the top end of the tournament? theoretically there could be ties from 1-13, so who would get the 1-3 rewards?
  • forgrim wrote:
    Question for developers is:

what happens when there are ties as in ppl do the missions every day and tie at the top end of the tournament? theoretically there could be ties from 1-13, so who would get the 1-3 rewards?

Good question. icon_e_smile.gif
  • i have one mission left and my phone battery is about to die so can't do it but apparently, if you look at the ranking points right now, the total from missions should be 160 and ppl are higher than that so i bet you theres a daily repeatable quest to distinguish between the ranks
  • Holy! I just got an Wolverine X-Force from a free heroic token I won in the new Unstable ISO! My first legendary card (finally!)! Woot! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • forgrim wrote:
    i have one mission left and my phone battery is about to die so can't do it but apparently, if you look at the ranking points right now, the total from missions should be 160 and ppl are higher than that so i bet you theres a daily repeatable quest to distinguish between the ranks

That or they're cheating...I've got one mission to go to see if anything else pops up but it's against two lvl 75s and a lvl 60 so not sure if I'm strong enough. Wish me luck! lol
  • good luck frnd, i'm on that one too i'm just charging my phone to give it a go
  • I'd love to know how this works.

I have completed all but one mission. The last one is Greenland Ops and has the difficulty of "impossible". I'm using lvl 60 characters and would need the luckiest board possible to beat this. One flamethrower is doing 1500 damage to my main character and 1100 to everyone else. By the time two of them go off I'm done. I got an insanely lucky board that chained several crit tiles together and managed to get two characters down but there's no way I'm getting the third.

Now I can't imagine that many people would be able to beat this. So how do people have so much red ISO? This is the last mission up have and I'm on 160 and this pays out for 4.

How do people have 185+?
  • It is easy if you know what you're doing. All you have to do is set the clock ahead on your phone/tablet/whatever and tell it that it is the next day.

I am NOT condoning this in any way, shape, or form but it is all over the other forums and a very common way for people to cheat the system. You can get the next day's reward, restore your health, and your heal packs all at one shot.

All they're doing is running the next day's missions. There is an 'upside' to it all.

[Hypothetically speaking] They can't earn any more ISO than you or I - there is a 10 day max on this event, and the missions aren't repeatable. Therefore, there should be a finite amount of ISO you can earn.

Also, if you do the clock cheat and reset your clock to the accurate time/date it will kill your characters or severly damage them and you will lose any points you gained while doing it.
  • Personally, I think this is a great opportunity for D3 to go through and BAN all of the cheaters in the game.

Hopefully they can ban more than just the account - that is, if they collect more data on the phones. Other games track your phone down to the MAC address and detect people trying to dupe accounts.

If you're looking for a LEGAL way to heal your characters, I put a tutorial up in the Tips and Guides section http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=166
  • Dninot
    I sincerely hope they are going to ban people who are gaming the system like that. It makes PvP significantly less fair and reduces their chances to profit.
  • this is terrible for pvp since pvp is an actual sprint at the end so if you don't have lives etc at the end, you will drop in ranking during the hours that you don't have lives. same thing with this event, i'd say.

but i don't think the top are cheating, i am at 160, just beat the 4 iso quest, and its repeatable. but see the above post, only the best are going to be able to repeat this one since one 4 timer bomb will do 1500 to ur entire team