Unstable ISO!!!

Options

Comments

• If you play your cards right, get lucky, and have a good team you can get by without taking any damage. It's tough but i got through a few fights without taking damage due to luck and combos
  • 344 red iso today, 300 a day and 3000 reward will be mine icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dninot wrote:
    Are you guys playing out the mission regardless of what happens? I've discovered that if the flamethrower is about to hit, I can retreat and not waste losing a guy or any health. Feels a bit cheap, but I haven't even come close to beating them yet, so it's not like it's making a big diff to anyone.

Ha! I didn't know you could do that (didn't even think of trying). I'll have to keep that in mind. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Polkio wrote:
    344 red iso today, 300 a day and 3000 reward will be mine icon_e_smile.gif

What team are you running, Polkio?
  • forgrim wrote:
    its hard to stunlock two simultaneous targets. with flamthrower 4 turn timers. that do 1500 damage to the entire farking team.

and oh wait you almost killed one? HERE"S A 500 HEAL GAIZ.

i have a level 40ish captain american that's carrying me

It's actually really easy. If you have the calibre in your squad.
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    If you play your cards right, get lucky, and have a good team you can get by without taking any damage. It's tough but i got through a few fights without taking damage due to luck and combos

I've not had single downed character, you'd don't necessarily have to get lucky. It's like any battle, you should only take it on if you have the firepower to deal with it. Relying on luck will get you into trouble.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    ZzzWolph wrote:
    If you play your cards right, get lucky, and have a good team you can get by without taking any damage. It's tough but i got through a few fights without taking damage due to luck and combos

I've not had single downed character, you'd don't necessarily have to get lucky. It's like any battle, you should only take it on if you have the firepower to deal with it. Relying on luck will get you into trouble.

I don't think you're really discussing this in the same spirit we are, The Ladder. Yes, if you only fight battles you are assured to win then you don't need luck but if you're fighting harder opponents then luck can make or break you. If you prefer to play it safe, hey more power to you if that's where you derive your fun from but I'd guess that most people like adding a little risk to their fights and pushing their characters and their luck a bit. icon_e_smile.gif
  • My bracket has started a war for the top 10 killing those poor hammer guys again and again
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    johangsl wrote:
    My bracket has started a war for the top 10 killing those poor hammer guys again and again
    It's alright, I hear Osborn gives them great health benefits.
  • I wish the game would let me play. Stupid tutorial bug!
  • IceIX wrote:
    There are missions in the Event each time it moves to a different area that are repeatable. At the moment, that's just Greenland Ops. That's how people are getting more than the "max" Iso-8.

Will we be able to complete the missions we completed already today tomorrow? Also, will the mission that is repeatable today still be repeatable throughout the rest of the event?
  • Jquan23 wrote:
    I wish the game would let me play. Stupid tutorial bug!

Have you emailed support with your issue? They're usually pretty quick with fixing issues. icon_e_smile.gif
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    ZzzWolph wrote:
    Will we be able to complete the missions we completed already today tomorrow? Also, will the mission that is repeatable today still be repeatable throughout the rest of the event?
    There are multiple phases to the Event that span across the globe. Missions will appear and disappear as those phases change over. So in general, no and no, but there will be other missions that will be repeatable popping up as the Event goes on. So if those Pyros are too much for you, you're not out of the race yet. icon_e_smile.gif
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    There are missions in the Event each time it moves to a different area that are repeatable. At the moment, that's just Greenland Ops. That's how people are getting more than the "max" Iso-8.

I think it resets every other day, not every day (per the in game pop up I've seen like 2 bagillion times today). Not sure if that's an individual 48 hour clock or at a set time for everyone kind of like the tournaments (this would be my guess).
  • You can repeat one mission. It gives you 4 iso each time. It's easy to beat with a teq team if you have the right characters and know what you're doing. The mission is against two lvl90 pyro's and and leutenant or captain lvl 72. (The dude with the pistol and healin skills). I worked my way up to 200 and called it a day.

The highest lvl character on my team was lvl 40. Anyone wanna guess my team?
    Fun hint, I only need 2 characters, and the third one just makes it easier.
  • if you don't have a team with 1500 hp plus, u can't make a gd mistake. i could clear usually but i missed one green tile in a corner somewhere and it blasted my team. there goes any other attempts i have for 2 hours
  • I am rank 2 with 428 unstable Iso. I have to use the boosters that let you start with 3 gems to win, but luckily I have had the ones I need drop for me every time I almost run out. I take out the commander first as he heals and attacks. And then hope that one of the green attack blocks doesn't spawn in a bad position. 1St place = Rye with 840 points lol.
    Can everyone confirm the top 50 get the same reward? Captain America x 1B,1R,1Y? Or is this incorrect?
  • Vexed wrote:
    I am rank 2 with 428 unstable Iso. I have to use the boosters that let you start with 3 gems to win, but luckily I have had the ones I need drop for me every time I almost run out. I take out the commander first as he heals and attacks. And then hope that one of the green attack blocks doesn't spawn in a bad position. 1St place = Rye with 840 points lol.
    Can everyone confirm the top 50 get the same reward? Captain America x 1B,1R,1Y? Or is this incorrect?

Why I see that on 1st place is guy with 440 iso? Leaderboards are specific to region? Like US or EU?
  • Only 1000 people per tournament bracket
  • hogunner wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:
    ZzzWolph wrote:

I don't think you're really discussing this in the same spirit we are, The Ladder. Yes, if you only fight battles you are assured to win then you don't need luck but if you're fighting harder opponents then luck can make or break you. If you prefer to play it safe, hey more power to you if that's where you derive your fun from but I'd guess that most people like adding a little risk to their fights and pushing their characters and their luck a bit. icon_e_smile.gif

Fair comment. I tend to derive that kind of challenge from battles with the big hitters in PvP. To me, events like this one are all about keeping your own big guns in tact, for as long as possible to rack up the red iso's.

I think there's a twisted kind of fun to be had from totally dominating opponents, I guess I am sadistic like that!