Unstable ISO!!!

Options

Comments

• Hear that? That's the world's smallest violin playing just for you polkio.
  • Ok this one actually isn't too bad and I have a **** team stuck in the same bracket as TheLadder, Forgrim & Archjojo (damn you guys!) so i'm at 18th but i won't clear the top 15 before this over.

Boosts for me once again are KEY to doing this and I've farmed them at least 5-6 times today so it's repeatable.

Team:
    Thor = 70 (5/4/4)
    Storm classic = 25 (5/5/3)
    cap't throwaway

I use +3 all AP, +3 red/green & +3 blue/purple boosts (could also go green/black)

The key is to focus on getting red matches and/or tossing cap't in there if there aren't reds and you can match him, while concentrating on Rag. Storm doesn't do enough dmg with tempest to matter too much, but the +5 red AP generated is HUGE so i try to get a couple if i can. Once the countdowns get to 1 or 2 left just start nuking w/ Thor turning all the tiles to yellow as you go and hopefully getting 2 hits in with his yellow ability. I can usually get Rag down with that and wipe the counters so then i just match red/yellow. If i can't get him down hopefully i can use Storm's lightening to clear the board and give me enough AP for another nuke to take him out. After that i focus on the commander and then mop up moonstone who doesn't really do much dmg at the end.

I hope that helps
  • Am I the only one expecting to see Green Goblin at the end of this event?
  • Yuck, that repeatable was pretty brutal
  • Well, look on the bright side. At least it's not 3X Level 150 characters, and Ragnarok is ONLY level 97 icon_lol.gif
  • The worst part is that you can't use your own Ragnarok icon_cry.gif
  • So almost at the end of the event now, and it's getting intense. Been relying heavy on Thor, Cap and Storm. Hoping to stay under 15 until the end. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Based on what everyone is saying here, not even sure if I'll bother trying the repeatable...
    On a plus note, I guess everyone is on the same boat so hopefully rank doesn't drop too much.

Envious of all the ppl with high lv Storm. Mine is only lv 15. Where did you guys get all the covers??
    I got 3 from the missions and got lucky with one of the free cover packs.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Well, don't give up TOO much hope on beating it. There are plenty of people winning the battle...I see a lot of movement at the top of my bracket, so I have to keep playing them to make sure I don't drop out of top 15.

In related news, Polkio has officially been dethroned! Beee must absolutely be killing this battle. (The few times I've seen him in PvP, he had all maxed characters, so I guess I'm not surprised...)
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Also, people have high-level Storms likely because before R40 patch, Storm covers were plentiful in the prologue. When the R40 patch was announced, players started hoarding covers like crazy. I probably had at least 5 Storm covers in my cache when the patch actually hit.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Simply be patient till the next set of missions appears and those might be better suited to your playstyle.

My playstyle is to get smashed in the face by Ragnarok and cry bitter tears. I am so excited that a mission suited to my playstyle has arrived! icon_e_wink.gif
  • Here is how I am winning.

Classic Spidey Maxed Blue skill
    Venom 4/5 Snare. I refuse to give up the 4 ap move. Too useful.
    I think Captain America might be there but he doesnt seem to do anything.

Use these boosts for a quick win:
    + 3 to black/green
    + 3 to blue/puple
    + 3 to all colors

All you need to do is stun lock them and make 2 black tile matches to generate enough AP to use Devour. 8 web tokens later and you win without a scratch. I have done it with no boosts, but unless you get the right initial board setups I would recommend resetting and trying again until you can generate 6 Blue AP fairly quickly. Hope this helps.
  • Here is how I am winning.

Classic Spidey Maxed Blue skill
    Venom 4/5 Snare. I refuse to give up the 4 ap move. Too useful.
    I think Captain America might be there but he doesnt seem to do anything.

Use these boosts for a quick win:
    + 3 to black/green
    + 3 to blue/puple
    + 3 to all colors

All you need to do is stun lock them and make 2 black tile matches to generate enough AP to use Devour. 8 web tokens later and you win without a scratch. I have done it with no boosts, but unless you get the right initial board setups I would recommend resetting and trying again until you can generate 6 Blue AP fairly quickly. Hope this helps.

It would cost 400 Iso every fourth round (matches where you retreat from the battle still consume your boosts if you set them). It could be done, but wouldn't be worth the investment unless you only do it when you happen to have those boosts handy.
  • Oh I agree that it would be expensive lol. However it is a way to get the win if you just want to beat it. I'm not aiming for the top of the top so a few repeat wins here and there are enough to keep me in the bracket I want to be in.
  • Dralion wrote:
    Ok this one actually isn't too bad and I have a **** team stuck in the same bracket as TheLadder, Forgrim & Archjojo (damn you guys!) so i'm at 18th but i won't clear the top 15 before this over.

Boosts for me once again are KEY to doing this and I've farmed them at least 5-6 times today so it's repeatable.

Team:
    Thor = 70 (5/4/4)
    Storm classic = 25 (5/5/3)
    cap't throwaway

I use +3 all AP, +3 red/green & +3 blue/purple boosts (could also go green/black)

The key is to focus on getting red matches and/or tossing cap't in there if there aren't reds and you can match him, while concentrating on Rag. Storm doesn't do enough dmg with tempest to matter too much, but the +5 red AP generated is HUGE so i try to get a couple if i can. Once the countdowns get to 1 or 2 left just start nuking w/ Thor turning all the tiles to yellow as you go and hopefully getting 2 hits in with his yellow ability. I can usually get Rag down with that and wipe the counters so then i just match red/yellow. If i can't get him down hopefully i can use Storm's lightening to clear the board and give me enough AP for another nuke to take him out. After that i focus on the commander and then mop up moonstone who doesn't really do much dmg at the end.

I hope that helps

That's pretty much the strategy I use but with thor at lv 39, and Storm at lv 16 (maxed out).... so not sure what you mean by **** team icon_razz.gif
  • I farmed this with a team of a maxed out Thor, 4/4/0 Spidey and the default Cap. This strategy also requires three boosts - 3AP to all colors, a +3 red/yellow boost and a +3 blue/purple boost. The goal is to quickly put Ragnarok down with Thor via red and yellow powers as quickly as possible. Then gather as much blue as you can to repeatedly stun Moonstone while you grind her down. Get hit by the Commanders pistol at will. Once both Ragnarok and Moonstone are down, you can stun-lock the Commander and restore your health with Spidey's heal ability and then finally finish off the Commander.

With all that said, I have to point out that maybe 30% of the time, Ragnarok just destroys you. It's ridiculous. I had several wins where most of my team was dead and only Thor was left with a couple hundred hit points left.
  • not bother to even try ^^
    lv 115 ragnarok is already a nightmare. and then joined by high level moonstone and hammer goon.
    apocalypse!
  • I can do it with a single boost (and end the game with full health as well), but obviously that's not what I call repeatable in my books. I'll like to do it without a boost.

If anyone can do it with no boosts, and repeat it consistently, please post your team lineup and strategy.
  • That's pretty much the strategy I use but with thor at lv 39, and Storm at lv 16 (maxed out).... so not sure what you mean by **** team icon_razz.gif

Ha, I'm not hating on your team, compared to the bracket I'm in my team is weak with TheLadder at the top sporting a 100+ Rag! I'm nearly at 1800 points and there's no hope to break into the top 15. I'm just going for the yellow spidey card as this week is the first time I've unlocked him and that will give me the last of his 3 abilities icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • one mission just opened up, quick and easy one against level 20-30 range