Unstable ISO!!!

Options

Comments

• I have taken a decision...final place top 15, max prize 1500 blue spidey. I think I will not go further than this...I'm a bit bored of grinding. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • hogunner wrote:
    Two things: 1) Once again that is an assumption, which is fine but please don't treat it as fact. 2) How does them patching it have anything to do with what they have planned for the rest of the event? Even if they did "emergency" patch it because a few people were leveling too quickly, it could be because they wanted a smoother reward arc as the event heads toward completion. This in no way proves or even hints at what they have planned next...ie. another assumption and one I don't agree with.

If they wanted to smooth over the reward progress arc they wouldn't have made it 0 for a large swath of their players for 2 whole days. I've been around the block a few times as a gamer and as a software developer. It goes a little like this: "Well THAT was a bad idea, better not do that again."
    hogunner wrote:
    Of course it is; it's competing with anything else that might take up a players time; that's not just other games but hobbies and work and sleep, etc., etc. I'm not sure what the point of that comment is? That they better not do anything to upset you because you'll quit playing? Well...um...yeah that's what can happen but they're also not making this game just for you, they have to consider the larger picture, a picture you and I aren't privy to.

The point was, I've got better things to do than be jerked around. One thing I really hate is false hopes. Nerf my covers, fine whatever, I'll find something new that works. Unexpected downtime, sure I'll get upset but I'll forgive and forget if things improve. Dangle a carrot in front of my face and then snatch it away? That gets a hearty "screw you" from me.
    hogunner wrote:
    I'm sorry if I appear to be coming down on you but I don't think things are as bad as you're making them out to be; throwing assumptions around like they're facts is just in no way helpful. Come back and see me at the end of the tournament and if MPQ's goal was to screw over their players, then I'll eat crow and quit the game with you but I really don't think that's the case.

Actually you sound incredibly naive to me. Sorry if that sounded harsh.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    hogunner wrote:
    Two things: 1) Once again that is an assumption, which is fine but please don't treat it as fact. 2) How does them patching it have anything to do with what they have planned for the rest of the event? Even if they did "emergency" patch it because a few people were leveling too quickly, it could be because they wanted a smoother reward arc as the event heads toward completion. This in no way proves or even hints at what they have planned next...ie. another assumption and one I don't agree with.

If they wanted to smooth over the reward progress arc they wouldn't have made it 0 for a large swath of their players for 2 whole days. I've been around the block a few times as a gamer and as a software developer. It goes a little like this: "Well THAT was a bad idea, better not do that again."
    hogunner wrote:
    Of course it is; it's competing with anything else that might take up a players time; that's not just other games but hobbies and work and sleep, etc., etc. I'm not sure what the point of that comment is? That they better not do anything to upset you because you'll quit playing? Well...um...yeah that's what can happen but they're also not making this game just for you, they have to consider the larger picture, a picture you and I aren't privy to.

The point was, I've got better things to do than be jerked around. One thing I really hate is false hopes. Nerf my covers, fine whatever, I'll find something new that works. Unexpected downtime, sure I'll get upset but I'll forgive and forget if things improve. Dangle a carrot in front of my face and then snatch it away? That gets a hearty "screw you" from me.
    hogunner wrote:
    I'm sorry if I appear to be coming down on you but I don't think things are as bad as you're making them out to be; throwing assumptions around like they're facts is just in no way helpful. Come back and see me at the end of the tournament and if MPQ's goal was to screw over their players, then I'll eat crow and quit the game with you but I really don't think that's the case.

Come on guys, this are peaceful forums. Just get some money into the game icon_e_smile.gif after all we are enjoying it as much as any AAA game.
  • I think the fairest thing to say is, it's not fair to expect to play a game of this quality for free.

I would say the same for Plants VS Zombies 2, which I actually managed to complete all stars for free, and felt guilty about.
  • Bombul wrote:
    I think the fairest thing to say is, it's not fair to expect to play a game of this quality for free.

I would say the same for Plants VS Zombies 2, which I actually managed to complete all stars for free, and felt guilty about.

I don't think anyone said they did. The game was made the way it is and here we are. Are you posting in the right thread?
  • Ranzera wrote:
    hogunner wrote:

Look you seem to be getting more upset and that's not my intention so I apologize if I've upset you; I'm simply pointing out that, to me, you seem to be taking a very narrow and assumptive view on this; if you disagree, ok that's fine but we'll have to agree to disagree on this, your main point.
    Ranzera wrote:
    hogunner wrote:

If they did this on the very last day of the tournament or even the very last map change of the tournament, I might be inclined to agree with you that they "snatch[ed] it away" but it isn't and they didn't. There's still 5-1/2 days (5-1/2!) left in the tournament which means at least 2-3 major map refreshes and 2-3 minor map refreshes (if things continue they way they have). You seem to be completely ignoring this and I'm not sure exactly why? The tournament isn't even half over, lol.
    Ranzera wrote:
    hogunner wrote:

If you want to resort to petty insults, we'll I think that just shows the weakness of your argument and your character but that's your right and perhaps I am; I guess time will tell. icon_e_smile.gif
  • hogunner wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    hogunner wrote:

Look you seem to be getting more upset and that's not my intention so I apologize if I've upset you; I'm simply pointing out that, to me, you seem to be taking a very narrow and assumptive view on this; if you disagree, ok that's fine but we'll have to agree to disagree on this, your main point.
    Ranzera wrote:
    hogunner wrote:

If they did this on the very last day of the tournament or even the very last map change of the tournament, I might be inclined to agree with you that they "snatch[ed] it away" but it isn't and they didn't. There's still 5-1/2 days (5-1/2!) left in the tournament which means at least 2-3 major map refreshes and 2-3 minor map refreshes (if things continue they way they have). You seem to be completely ignoring this and I'm not sure exactly why? The tournament isn't even half over, lol.
    Ranzera wrote:
    hogunner wrote:

If you want to resort to petty insults, we'll I think that just shows the weakness of your argument and your character but that's your right and perhaps I am; I guess time will tell. icon_e_smile.gif

Come on guys, lets make peace here...lets say I buy you both 600 HP heh?

jk...lol
  • johangsl wrote:
    Come on guys, this are peaceful forums. Just get some money into the game icon_e_smile.gif after all we are enjoying it as much as any AAA game.

I agree, johangsl; I'd prefer to keep things civil and friendly around here. I don't see why we can't debate and express different opinions without resorting to insults but then again, perhaps I'm naive. icon_e_wink.gif
    (I couldn't help myself lol)
  • Too many people on here making wild accusations, demanding the devs look after them and labelling people as 'problem players'. There's ways of providing constructive feedback without resorting to lazy stuff like that. Don't think you said anything unreasonable at all hogunner.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2013
    Options
    hogunner wrote:

Maybe I am taking an assumptive view, but you know what, I find their knee-jerk reaction alarming. Software development is something of a trial and error process as you learn your users. If you don't get feed back (or god forbid,the wrong feed back) then you make the wrong choices. If you alienate your users, they don't use your product. You need to make things accessible, it doesn't need to be easy (in fact it shouldn't be for some things). In a game like this where they've commited to a freemium model with tournament benchmarks for rewards, they need to make them accessible for those who put in work. You don't have to worry about that in a PVP tournament because your users dictate the level of difficulty. In a PVE tournament you have total control over the barrier to entry. If you don't make it accessible, people won't play it and then people may get bored from lack of fun content.

In PVE, challenging opponents are fun. I particularly enjoy the maggia/hammer enemies that spam 1-2 count down tiles every turn. That's a challenge. Getting smacked in the face every turn for 200 damage by a computer AI (and that's the easier of the 2) so that no matter what a casual player is looking at long periods of downtime to grind out a reward is not fun. When the casuals don't have fun, they leave. When they leave an enormous amount of content for your paying players leaves with them (PVP targets). Then your paying players get bored fighting only each other because they are all try hards. Then they leave. It's happened with so many games that a person could write a step by step how-to guide to do it.
    hogunner wrote:

No, there's 4 and a half days because the next 24 hours may as well not exist. That's 2 refreshes, not 2.5, not 3. I'm not ignoring the fact that the time exists. I am however projecting. If I was on their dev team and I was told to emergency patch out a moderate reward repeatable mission because it was too easy, I'm sure as hell am not going to put another one back in unless I'm given a good reason to. As I said earlier, I had no problem grinding out the entire 800 some odd points I would have needed to with a 2 point reward mission over 6-7 days. Trying to do the same thing in 4.5 would take some significant sacrifices that I won't make. Hence, it was snatched away from me.
    hogunner wrote:

I'm sorry, I thought were were being condescending to each other. If you don't like being on the receiving end maybe you shouldn't be on the dishing end either. You're doing it again here but on the off chance you're bad at interacting with people and just want a conversation, I'll take the high road here.
  • I hate to interrupt, but a couple new missions just appeared in the Iso-8 tournament. One leads to the next, but they aren't repeatable. Some nice red Iso is rewarded for them though and for some reason my Stolen Goods mission is now active again as a first play for 30 Red Iso.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    hogunner wrote:

I'm sorry, I thought were were being condescending to each other. If you don't like being on the receiving end maybe you shouldn't be on the dishing end either. You're doing it again here but on the off chance you're bad at interacting with people and just want a conversation, I'll take the high road here.

I was being condescending? That's not really in my nature so I think you might be personifying a bit as I've interacted with pretty much everyone on this forum and you're the first I've heard of that's taken offense at anything I've said. Also, for what it's worth, insulting someone twice in a row isn't really taking the "high road", just fyi. lol
  • hogunner wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    hogunner wrote:

I was being condescending? That's not really in my nature so I think you might be personifying a bit as I've interacted with pretty much everyone on this forum and you're the first I've heard of that's taken offense at anything I've said. Also, for what it's worth, insulting someone twice in a row isn't really taking the "high road", just fyi. lol

Yes, you said you were "coming down on me" or something to that effect, which implies a position of authority over and that you were punishing me. If that's not being condescending I'm not sure what is lol.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    hogunner wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    hogunner wrote:

Yes, you said you were "coming down on me" or something to that effect, which implies a position of authority over and that you were punishing me. If that's not being condescending I'm not sure what is lol.

What? I wrote "I'm sorry if I appear to be coming down on you" as in, I'm sorry if I appear to be coming down on you because that's not my intention. You are really reading a lot of hostility into my comments which just isn't there. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Everly wrote:
    I hate to interrupt, but a couple new missions just appeared in the Iso-8 tournament. One leads to the next, but they aren't repeatable. Some nice red Iso is rewarded for them though and for some reason my Stolen Goods mission is now active again as a first play for 30 Red Iso.

Really nice red iso for two easy battles. Got a pink spidey card as well, so even happier don't necessarily have to grind to 3000 now icon_e_smile.gif
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Everly wrote:
    I hate to interrupt, but a couple new missions just appeared in the Iso-8 tournament. One leads to the next, but they aren't repeatable. Some nice red Iso is rewarded for them though and for some reason my Stolen Goods mission is now active again as a first play for 30 Red Iso.

Really nice red iso for two easy battles. Got a pink spidey card as well, so even happier don't necessarily have to grind to 3000 now icon_e_smile.gif
    I thought so too (easy battles for great payout of red iso) I've been working with my Model 35 Iron Man, Modern Storm, and Modern Black Widow. That is the only way I can get through the Impossible battles, but I like that there is very little overlap in the Skill Colors. I've been trying to figure out a nice 2 or 3 star team that works as well together. The best I can see is Grey Suit Black Widow, Spider-Man, and Modern Storm. Red, Green, and Purple are overlapped in that set but I think the real problem is that I don't have a tank. BW and Storm can deal some damage and with BW skill of selective board damage it would be great for countdown tiles. Spidey is a specialist and a healer. I really need to find a high HP/high damage dealer that compliments the supporters. Right now I'm at #53 on our board in the Iso tourny so I'm hoping I can hold my own and score a Model 40. Although I think it should be renamed the MARK XL as that keeps in line with the Iron Man story.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Everly wrote:

I saw that one but got a one star token instead which gave me a Venom I can't use. So 100 iso lol. Oh we'll. icon_razz.gif
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Everly wrote:

Grats for spidey. I get it also from facebook friend. So also don't have to grind to 3000. Also there are plenty angry people so If I get 3000 mark that would be disaster. 5000 mark could be even World War 3
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Options
    hogunner wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:
    Everly wrote:

I saw that one but got a one star token instead which gave me a Venom I can't use. So 100 iso lol. Oh we'll. icon_razz.gif

Got the 2 Star token which got me a Green 4 Star Wolverine about time I got lucky in this game lol
  • I got hero points and a heroic token. I half expected another xforce wolvie but I actually got a magneto now. A little bummed that I'm 0/2 on purple spidey drops.