Unstable ISO!!!

Options

Comments

• I just pulled an x force wolverine using the reward token(maybe it was HP) so I am rather happy. Do really want a purple spiderman and am also zero for three there.
  • Dr_Nachin wrote:
    I just pulled an x force wolverine using the reward token(maybe it was HP) so I am rather happy. Do really want a purple spiderman and am also zero for three there.
    Was there a third chance? I didn't notice.
  • I remember the first day of the tourney i missed two purple spideys. I felt sooooo bad I just stopped looking at the rewards and enjoyed what I was getting. Today I peeked and saw another spidey. Missed him. Feel bad. I will stop looking at rewards again. I know of at least three chance so far to get him.
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dr_Nachin wrote:
    I remember the first day of the tourney i missed two purple spideys. I felt sooooo bad I just stopped looking at the rewards and enjoyed what I was getting. Today I peeked and saw another spidey. Missed him. Feel bad. I will stop looking at rewards again. I know of at least three chance so far to get him.

I got super lucky and my friend got a purple spidey and was able to claim it for a single friend which was me icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Yellow and purple spidey...I am lucky this time I guess
  • Dr_Nachin wrote:
    I remember the first day of the tourney i missed two purple spideys. I felt sooooo bad I just stopped looking at the rewards and enjoyed what I was getting. Today I peeked and saw another spidey. Missed him. Feel bad. I will stop looking at rewards again. I know of at least three chance so far to get him.

I stopped looking on that basis, was a nice surprise today. To be fair, the pink/purple skill doesn't seem very useful, but am keen to max out Spidey at some point.
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The Ladder wrote:
    Dr_Nachin wrote:

I stopped looking on that basis, was a nice surprise today. To be fair, the pink/purple skill doesn't seem very useful, but am keen to max out Spidey at some point.

Yeah I agree that the skill is pretty much a joke and can't ever really see it ever being useful, but need those spidey levels icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Dr_Nachin wrote:

It's nice for levels. My 2/0/0 Spidey doesn't even swing anymore next to my 4/1/4 ** Wolverine. I've actually stopped using him even though I like him so much.
  • Regarding the newest level, "Switching Teams", in the Unstable Iso-8 event...
    That Juggernaut line actually made me laugh out loud. icon_lol.gif
  • I'm not really understanding the whole fuzz about the recent stage of the event...the 6 ISO are also farmable I think but you need a little bit different strategie. The Key to this mission is cpt america I think. After the last events I assume most of the people can bring him to lvl 30-40, useful is he at 23+. Because of his buff he stands most of the time at the front and takes all the damage. So you nuke moonstone down (in this time cpt america is also really down but you have two other healthy heroes) and then you play as usual (i always bring the pyro down first because as long as the soldier lives, there are only soldier tiles which are easier to manage. After the fight I level cpt up with some ISO (grind it somewhere else, all the missions give it quite a lot too) and go again. As he levels up it gets eaisier and easier and you get more and more tries without healing. and after all your healing packs are up you wait 6 hours. I can do around 10-15 in one session, but my team is relatively weak i think you can do about 20 times = 120 ISO every 6 hours. If you do this 48 hours straight, you get 8 * 120 = 960 ISO out of this stage of event. Ok My assumptions are very optimistic but I think most of the grinders should get at least 500 ISO out of this and I think thats more than enough for 2 days for most of the personal wanted rewards. I have the feeling that the game is never unfair, you just have to adjust the tactic. Stupid non stop grinding is not always the way.
  • What kind of team are you using? I used to run Wolverine, Captain and Modern Storm and was getting glassed with that combo this time around. I tried a few other Power/Clear combos with no better luck.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Not the guy you asked, but I run Capt America/Modern Hawkeye/Storm (whichever one). Hawkeye for emergency arrow stabs, Storm for generating AP, and Cap does all of the heavy lifting with both Moonstone and eliminating countdown tiles (once you get 11 Red and 12 Blue AP, the moves are essentially free.) Once you've taken down Moonstone, then it's pretty easy from there. But, that's probably easier said than done...I consider it a 'good' fight if I only lose 800ish HP off my Capt America before killing Moonstone. So, it's usually 3 battles before I have to use a Heal (or level up Cap), which is more often than I'd like.

Really, that's how I'd kind of prefer this battle...you can't leave without getting hit fairly decently, so you can't just mindlessly grind it the whole time, like the old missions.
  • Nemek, I had the same Idea, but it feels like, with Moonstone doing 100-200 easily each turn, I pretty much get smashed before I get things started ?
  • Ranzera wrote:
    What kind of team are you using? I used to run Wolverine, Captain and Modern Storm and was getting glassed with that combo this time around. I tried a few other Power/Clear combos with no better luck.

I'm using Thor, classic storm and cap. And I try to use three boosts in every fight because you always get 3 boosts back at the end. (Doesn't really matter which boosts you use as long as it's not the target boosts icon_e_wink.gif). I generally like getting hit one time at the start from a 4 in a row from moonstone for the passive trigger, mostly for the 5 red ap it generates. Usually that is enough for my 8 red ap thor to trigger and then a few turn later his yellow is ready. This together with the
    150 to 200 hits from cap because of his buff is usually enough to kill moonstone. I normally loose about 600 to 800 of cap hit points in the process
  • Using same team as mommsom. With the cap you get along. I sacrifice him to get mebbe 2 times elemental from storm. Or when theres a pesky timer around. Though harder now cause I can only get him up front with nature tiles combos.
  • Mommson wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    What kind of team are you using? I used to run Wolverine, Captain and Modern Storm and was getting glassed with that combo this time around. I tried a few other Power/Clear combos with no better luck.

I'm using Thor, classic storm and cap. And I try to use three boosts in every fight because you always get 3 boosts back at the end. (Doesn't really matter which boosts you use as long as it's not the target boosts icon_e_wink.gif). I generally like getting hit one time at the start from a 4 in a row from moonstone for the passive trigger, mostly for the 5 red ap it generates. Usually that is enough for my 8 red ap thor to trigger and then a few turn later his yellow is ready. This together with the
    150 to 200 hits from cap because of his buff is usually enough to kill moonstone. I normally loose about 600 to 800 of cap hit points in the process

Wow, thanks for that. My thor and storm are still really low levels so I got smashed, but this was easily the closest I got to beating moonstone!
  • I'm using Cap (as it's mandatory) with a classic Hawkeye and a modern Black Widow. I try to clear blues mostly to continuously stun Moonstone (or as much as possible, just to limit the damage cap is tanking) and use Hawkeye to clear any tiles I can't clear with his ability.

It's working ok-ish, all are mid level 20s.

For the non-hero featured battles I use my modern Storm, classic Hawkeye and Magneto. They tend to be longer battles as it's most of the time the extra damage from clearing tiles with Storm and Magneto that deliver the DPS to down them. But at the end of them I typically leave the battle without any damage, and some 20 mins of time gone for the very long fights icon_e_wink.gif

I also have to use three boosts every game, the +3 AP, the extra red/yellow and the extra blue/purple.

Keeping things interesting with low level heroes and boosts icon_e_wink.gif
  • 8BitLegacy wrote:

Wow, thanks for that. My thor and storm are still really low levels so I got smashed, but this was easily the closest I got to beating moonstone!

You're welcome icon_e_smile.gif I have to admit it's not the most innovative team there but I'm always happy to help with things that I figured out or that worked for me. i am not much of a keep your winning secrets to yourself type icon_e_wink.gif
  • In my battles with Moonstone+Goons, I consistently bump Moonstone off first, then target the Soldier next, rather than the Pyro. The AI seems to spawn more of his tiles than the Pyro, which I think are far less dangerous (hitting target rather than team). Once the Soldier is gone, a solitary Pyro should not be as challenging to deal with. Not sure if this method is a coincidence, or a worthwhile strategy. I haven't come close to losing to them yet. icon_twisted.gif
  • I cobbled together a working strategy and got 200 points last night on moonstone. It just costs my ISO to do. I go with a level 42 Modern Storm, 45 Wolverine and the free Captain(hard to sacrifice captain in this group because blue is his only priority). I use 3 resource boosts to give myself 3 in all AP, 3 red and yellow and 3 green and black. I need a minimum of one clear in green/red/black to get started, more helps. After that I Feral Claws twice (mine is 4AP right now) for some red strike tiles. If there's a lot of environment tiles I then use mistress of elements at this point. After that I hailstorm and let the strike/attack tiles work their magic while I keep enemy attack tiles under control.