Unstable ISO!!!

Options

Comments

• Ugh, seems I wasn't around for when the repeatable was easier. Moonstone hits pretty hard icon_e_sad.gif
  • They reset the other repeatable and its now worth 2
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I actually really like that the Yelena mission is worth 2 and the Moonstone mission is worth 6. Now, we can't just mindlessly grind the battles (it was easy enough to never get hit...and if you have a bad board, just retreat.)

The Yelena mission is pretty easy once you defeat Yelena. Only really good teams can beat Moonstone, though...and you're rewarded for it. Either way, since you'll be taking hits in either of them, you probably just can't play them for 3 hours straight...
  • Nemek wrote:
    I actually really like that the Yelena mission is worth 2 and the Moonstone mission is worth 6. Now, we can't just mindlessly grind the battles (it was easy enough to never get hit...and if you have a bad board, just retreat.)

The Yelena mission is pretty easy once you defeat Yelena. Only really good teams can beat Moonstone, though...and you're rewarded for it. Either way, since you'll be taking hits in either of them, you probably just can't play them for 3 hours straight...

I don't see that yelena mission, only got a repeatable 2 muscles 1 don with no iso
  • Nemek wrote:

Really? I thought the Yelena mission did not give any tourney points. In my opinion, it is also the harder of two fights. Yelena is weak, but her two goons are tough. Easily the toughest I've had to face so far. They spam countdowns like nobody's business, and their tommy guns hit for 1500 entire team with a few strike tiles. And they both have over 5000 health! I'm thinking you must run some Storm build that clears the board quickly.

Moonstone's laser hits for 1760, but she does it once in a while, and her goons have lesser health, and spam less tiles. Still a challenging fight though, but I can't imagine how casual players are supposed to handle them, or Yelena's team for the matter.
  • I like it that the difficulty goes up. Glad my team went up too....=P
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Bombul wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

Really? I thought the Yelena mission did not give any tourney points. In my opinion, it is also the harder of two fights. Yelena is weak, but her two goons are tough. Easily the toughest I've had to face so far. They spam countdowns like nobody's business, and their tommy guns hit for 1500 entire team with a few strike tiles. And they both have over 5000 health! I'm thinking you must run some Storm build that clears the board quickly.

Moonstone's laser hits for 1760, but she does it once in a while, and her goons have lesser health, and spam less tiles. Still a challenging fight though, but I can't imagine how casual players are supposed to handle them, or Yelena's team for the matter.

Hm, once you kill Yelena...I just ignore all of the yellow countdown tiles, and focus solely on the blue (Tommy Gun) tiles, there usually aren't THAT many blues. By the time I've killed Yelena, I have enough AP to save myself from the tiles pretty easily. Running Classic Hawkeye and Capt America (and the third doesn't really matter.)
  • Bombul wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

Decent level Spidey makes mugs of them Muscles. Build up some stun, then blast away to your hearts content icon_twisted.gif

I completed the set of rewards on the Yelena mission, then they refreshed back to zero and let me work through them again. Anyone else had that?
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Bombul wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

Decent level Spidey makes mugs of them Muscles. Build up some stun, then blast away to your hearts content icon_twisted.gif

I completed the set of rewards on the Yelena mission, then they refreshed back to zero and let me work through them again. Anyone else had that?

Ok something weird is happening... I have no yelena mission, only a Don mission.

Could it be that high red iso players don't see it?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    johangsl wrote:
    Ok something weird is happening... I have no yelena mission, only a Don mission.

Yelena only pops up after you beat the (new) Stolen Goods. Same for Moonstone in Battle in Brazil.
  • IceIX wrote:
    johangsl wrote:

Yelena only pops up after you beat the (new) Stolen Goods. Same for Moonstone in Battle in Brazil.

IceX, I had Moonstone battle before the Stolen Goods...maybe a bug?
  • Hi, I completed the Stolen Goods mission (located at the bottom of the map) with the Don and two thugs but did not receive any red-ISO! I've noticed because I was sitting at 492 pts and was going to get Capt America after completing this mission. I think I was supposed to get 30 red-ISOs for completing that mission.
    The Don is now replaced by Yelena and I can only get 2 points from replaying it. I was ranked 7 on my board yesterday but am now ranked 12 after completing all the new missions, less the one with Moonstone, and 30+ points adrift from the current rank 7. icon_e_sad.gif
    Name is Thunderhead in game.
  • Well I tried a number of permutations and it seems that my lower level characters have no chance against either mission. This event sucks now.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Ranzera wrote:
    Well I tried a number of permutations and it seems that my lower level characters have no chance against either mission. This event sucks now.
    Well, if you're having issues, it's only this phase. Simply be patient till the next set of missions appears and those might be better suited to your playstyle.
  • I love this event. The new missions everyday are exciting and keep the event fun, the dialogue and story is good, and the rewards rock. For anyone having trouble, level up Thor. Then combine with either Storm or Black Widow, and a good third suchas Captain America or Magneto. I've had no trouble, and I'm ranked about 14. Although I don't get how #1 in my bracket has 1000+ Iso.
  • strange, i got no new mission since the last moonstone first mission ??? stuck with 260+ iso
  • IceIX wrote:
    Well, if you're having issues, it's only this phase. Simply be patient till the next set of missions appears and those might be better suited to your playstyle.

Here's the problem, you had 1 person or a small group of people playing your event in a way that you didn't like. So instead of dealing with them, you punish everyone. This guy gets exactly what he wants from the event and everyone else is left to languish for the better part of two days. Left forget for a moment that you have 1 offending cover that's been extremely exploitable and/or buggy in 2 events now.

You could have done any of the following:

1) Nothing. Oh dear god, people are getting points quickly. When you set the max prize bar at 10k points should you really be surprised that people find ways to limit the pain.

2) Set limits on how often you can repeat the mission (probably the best course imo).

3) Give casual players the finger (what you did).

4) Deal with the problem players and leave everyone else alone.

I needed to keep a pretty constant progress to get what I wanted from this event. A 2 day blackout basically means I won't get what I want from the event so there's no point in even playing it any more. Unless you release an 8 point repeatable mission or extend the event, I doubt I'll get the blue spidey cover I was eyeing. The way you handled this has greatly damaged my enthusiasm about your game. So much so, that today is the first day I didn't play it on the way into work since I downloaded it.

Don't forget, casual players are the reason you guys have a reason to keep releasing content. Alienate them at the expense of your game's health.

Meh.

edit: grammar.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Here's the problem, you had 1 person or a small group of people playing your event in a way that you didn't like. So instead of dealing with them, you punish everyone. This guy gets exactly what he wants from the event and everyone else is left to languish for the better part of two days. Left forget for a moment that you have 1 offending cover that's been extremely exploitable and/or buggy in 2 events now.

You could have any of the following done:

1) Nothing. Oh dear god, people are getting points quickly. When you set the max prize bar at 10k points should you really be surprised that people find ways to limit the pain.

2) Set limits on how often you can repeat the mission (probably the best course imo).

3) Give casual players the finger (what you did).

4) Deal with the problem players and leave everyone else alone.

I needed to keep a pretty constant progress to get what I wanted from this event. A 2 day blackout basically means I won't get what I want from the event so there's no point in even playing it any more. Unless you release an 8 point repeatable mission or extend the mission, I doubt I'll get the blue spidey cover I was eyeing. The way you handled this has greatly damaged my enthusiasm about your game. So much so, that today is the first day I didn't play it on the way into work since I downloaded it.

Don't forget, casual players are the reason you guys have a reason to keep releasing content. Alienate at the expense of your game's health.

Meh.

I understand and sympathize with your anger but I feel it must be pointed out that it appears you are making assumptions on everything you bring up here. Perhaps IceIX will come back to clarify but until then, please consider the following counter-points:
    Ranzera wrote:
    Here's the problem, you had 1 person or a small group of people playing your event in a way that you didn't like. So instead of dealing with them, you punish everyone.

Maybe I've missed something but I haven't seen IceIX or any of the other devs say that this is why the rewards changed. For all we know, it was planned that way and there was a bug initially. If I was a betting man, I would probably bet on your original assumption as to the cause, but until it is confirmed/denied, it's still just an assumption and you might be getting upset unjustly.
    Ranzera wrote:
    Unless you release an 8 point repeatable mission or extend the mission, I doubt I'll get the blue spidey cover I was eyeing.

Why are you under the impression they won't release additional, higher point repeatable missions? The first one was 4 ISO, the second one was 2 ISO and the third one was 6 ISO. That's trending upwards. icon_e_smile.gif I'm under the assumption that this event is supposed to be a slow build and the devs planned it in such a way that early grinders' advantage can be eroded over time by better and better repeatable missions as the event unfolds. Time will tell if I'm right or wrong.
    Ranzera wrote:
    Don't forget, casual players are the reason you guys have a reason to keep releasing content. Alienate at the expense of your game's health.

MPQ has had the fasted content roll out and the best reward structure of any freemium game I've played (and I've played a lot of them). Casual players are just one of the columns that support a healthy freemium game and are in no way the most (nor least) important and I think they are very aware of the balance they must strike between non-paying customers, one-time purchase customers and repeat purchase customers; the proof is in the pudding. But as the saying goes, you can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time. Trying to please everyone all the time would be the quickest way to ruin the game and in this instance, unfortunately you seem to be falling on the wrong side of that equation.

Finally, I'll just end by saying I think you completely missed the point of what IceIX was trying to say; to me he was saying that each round of changes to the event are designed to be tougher for some players and easier for others with the goal that over the course of the whole event, no one should be able to breeze through the whole thing and no one should have a difficult time through the whole thing. To me, that is a great event and one that I enjoy participating in. icon_e_smile.gif
  • hogunner wrote:
    Why are you under the impression they won't release additional, higher point repeatable missions?

Because when they did, they emergency patched it.
    hogunner wrote:
    MPQ has had the fasted content roll out and the best reward structure of any freemium game I've played (and I've played a lot of them). Casual players are just one of the columns that support a healthy freemium game and are in no way the most (nor least) important and I think they are very aware of the balance they must strike between non-paying customers, one-time purchase customers and repeat purchase customers; the proof is in the pudding. But as the saying goes, you can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time. Trying to please everyone all the time would be the quickest way to ruin the game and in this instance, unfortunately you seem to be falling on the wrong side of that equation.

Finally, I'll just end by saying I think you completely missed the point of what IceIX was trying to say; to me he was saying that each round of changes to the event are designed to be tougher for some players and easier for others with the goal that over the course of the whole event, no one should be able to breeze through the whole thing and no one should have a difficult time through the whole thing. To me, that is a great event and one that I enjoy participating in. icon_e_smile.gif

For me and I'm sure I'm not alone, this game is competing with a lot more than the free trash that floats around the play store. I downloaded this game because it was the first free game that actually looked like fun after a friend showed it to me. You know what I was doing before this? I was playing playstation roms on my phone using a PS3 controller and a gameklip. I have absolutely no problem going back to them either.

ETA:
    I don't even care if they had run the whole rest of the event with a 2 iso mission. I wanted blue spidey and I was prepared to grind it out. I can't do it in 4 days at that level though so I'm sufficiently demoralized. This was the first event that I felt I had a chance to get it only to have it snatched from me. I wish this game had a trade feature because I'd love to give away these 2 X-Force Wolverine covers I got from Heroic Tokens from this event in exchange for some spidey covers.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    hogunner wrote:
    Why are you under the impression they won't release additional, higher point repeatable missions?

Because when they did, they emergency patched it.

Two things: 1) Once again that is an assumption, which is fine but please don't treat it as fact. 2) How does them patching it have anything to do with what they have planned for the rest of the event? Even if they did "emergency" patch it because a few people were leveling too quickly, it could be because they wanted a smoother reward arc as the event heads toward completion. This in no way proves or even hints at what they have planned next...ie. another assumption and one I don't agree with.
    Ranzera wrote:
    hogunner wrote:

For me and I'm sure I'm not alone, this game is competing with a lot more than the free trash that floats around the play store. I downloaded this game because it was the first free game that actually looked like fun after a friend showed it to me. You know what I was doing before this? I was playing playstation roms on my phone using a PS3 controller and a gameklip. I have absolutely no problem going back to them either.

Of course it is; it's competing with anything else that might take up a players time; that's not just other games but hobbies and work and sleep, etc., etc. I'm not sure what the point of that comment is? That they better not do anything to upset you because you'll quit playing? Well...um...yeah that's what can happen but they're also not making this game just for you, they have to consider the larger picture, a picture you and I aren't privy to.

I'm sorry if I appear to be coming down on you but I don't think things are as bad as you're making them out to be; throwing assumptions around like they're facts is just in no way helpful. Come back and see me at the end of the tournament and if MPQ's goal was to screw over their players, then I'll eat crow and quit the game with you but I really don't think that's the case.