The Gaunlet: Villains, Heroes, & Finale 20 - 23 Sep

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• I'm really glad they added the extra day, helped me get more if the 500 iso rewards. The ones in the finale are a little too difficult for me though. Got through it once, but no more for the rewards. I loved this event, just wish i didn't have to put up with the 20iso ****
  • Took me a level 230 Demolition Teamup, but I finally cleared node 42 with a half hour to spare. Best event ever.

Learned two things over the past few days: I got to level Falcon to 166 for PvE, and LazyCap + Blue Boosts is unbelievably good
  • gamar wrote:
    Took me a level 230 Demolition Teamup, but I finally cleared node 42 with a half hour to spare. Best event ever.

Learned two things over the past few days: I got to level Falcon to 166 for PvE, and LazyCap + Blue Boosts is unbelievably good

Oh, 3 things: Don't take Sentry into a battle with a level 300 Bullseye what the hell was I thinking
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sounds like most of us got a few great moments, ripping a win from the hands of defeat, comin up with cool combos playing characters we never played together before. Necessity truly is the mother of invention, what a great event. Kudos
  • I finished the Gauntlet Finale right before it ended. I got the final 2000 iso reward, but did not get the Psylocke. What happened?
  • I think I must have hit the sweet spot in scaling (used lvl 94 wMags and cStorm almost exclusively) and gotten some luck on my side (which doesn't seem to happen often in this game) because I finished the event with almost two full days left. So the extra time they added just meant I had to wait longer for this pve to end and the next to begin.

Maybe next time they could give more incentive to replay the levels. More than the 20 iso that you get currently. Scale the iso reward so that each time you replay a level you get a higher iso reward (50, 100, 200, etc.)?
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Finished the Event just shy of GSBW cover and yeap, Black Panther Essential was the only thing between me and my first Panther cover.

It was a fantastic challenge, but that right there above really soured what could have been an even better event.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,494 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Once I made it to the Finale I got the first node, wiped out on the second node, and then just finished up what I left undone on Villians. I find wipeouts very frustrating, and since I didn't really have a great boosted roster for this, I figured it was going to be a horrible slog where I would maybe, maybe get an extra event token and possibly the green GSBW cover. Pity, I could have really used the black Psyolocke cover, but I only need one of those (I need two of her red for a respec.)

I don't think I liked it as much as a lot of the people here - I found the ramping difficulty pretty annoying. On the other hand, I did get a blue BP cover out of it (BP interests me but I have very little in him - he's 3/2/2 now,) and it was fun overall, I think. Do I think all PVEs should be this way? No, the reward structure is distinctly worse and I don't mind competing. Would I play it again? Absolutely - it makes a nice change of pace.
  • This has been such a great event, but cruel reward-wise.

Normally, lacking the event's required character makes grinding harder ( but not impossible ), netting players at least one *** character cover through progression.

The Gauntlet required players to clear ALL Heroes' nodes to obtain a *** BP. And to accomplish that, three characters were required. That's really demanding.