The Gaunlet: Villains, Heroes, & Finale 20 - 23 Sep

Options

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    anacree wrote:
    Started playing the game recently. Have 13 characters in my roster, highest lvl is star.pngstar.png storm at lvl 86.

Anyway, just wanted to gripe (being new I'm sure it's been said before): playign the gauntlet and in the first chapter you need to have punisher. Thankfully, I recently won him (from a PvP maybe?). But in the second chapter, right at the end I need three start black widow?! Why? Why make it so I can get all the way up to almost getting black panther and then there is some random character requirement? And now I can't get to the third chapter. Just frustrating...

The third chapter opens when you clear the regular nodes. You can win 3* Black Widow from the progression there (about 6-8 nodes, something like that), then go back and finish the Heroes set.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OK, I'm going to have one last crack at that Storm/Sentry/Punisher node. Only boosted characters I can use are Mags and Jonny Storm. Typical 2* roster after that.

Any tips/suggestions?
  • I give up on this event. Just tried Mission 30 3 times in a row and all 3 times the battle proceeded practically the same way. All 3 times I managed to take down Hood and get Beast's HP down to about 1000 and all 3 times at around that point the computer pulls off a massive cascade with at least 2 criticals, and than with the APs gained from the cascade Beast unleashes all 3 of his powers.
    Luck is just not on my side.
  • Stupid node 40. I can't deny red, AND yellow, AND blue... I've tried boosts, teamups, stuns, level 350 juggs/mbw is too freaking mean
  • Damn this rewarding system, it has ruined my whole day! >___<
    Tried the whole time at every cooldown just to recognize I could not get not just only BP cause I've got no BP covers! Psylocke is locked this way too! And that's REALLY terrible! Could You just notice somehow that without having this and this and this covers You could not get the prize?!?

Why don't You mention essential characters at the "Event rules" that is needed to get a reward? Why do players need to see that requirement in ONE last battle before getting their reward? It's just a disrespect!
    I've lost nearly all my boosts and really a lot of time just to see that I cannot get Psylocke cause I could not play one damn mission!

With BP is was a dissapointment. With Psylocke - nothing more then anger...
    Why do You make Your players to hate Your game?
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The biggest lesson this event taught me: Play with Deadpool every day and save those Deadpool points for times like these.

Juggernaut can have 50k health. Who cares?
  • MaxGoof
    MaxGoof Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I am embarrassed to say that the final node I CANNOT beat is Essential 15 versus Modern Storm, Human Torch and a Soldier. I don't know how this team can be wiping me out when I breezed through teams with Juggernaut and Sentry, but I've lost four times in a row and I'm out of health packs now, so I'll only get a couple more shots at this.

Anyone have any specific strategies for this node?
  • Maybe my scaling is way down... But I've yet to see the need for a boost/TU/Deadpool, and I'm on 41(levels 313).
  • MaxGoof wrote:
    I am embarrassed to say that the final node I CANNOT beat is Essential 15 versus Modern Storm, Human Torch and a Soldier. I don't know how this team can be wiping me out when I breezed through teams with Juggernaut and Sentry, but I've lost four times in a row and I'm out of health packs now, so I'll only get a couple more shots at this.

They are currently level 252 for me. Not sure if that is where it was at when I faced them.

Used Pun(255)/LDaken(165)/Lthor(166), and barely took damage(I think both Punisher and thor took ~1000 each maybe?)
  • MaxGoof wrote:

Try Hood or Obw for AP denial, Spidey or Venom for stuns, and Thor, Ares, etc for face-bashing.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Guess I still have a ways to go as I have stalled out on Simulation 26 with 78 icon_thor.png / 79 icon_blackwidow.png / 79 icon_storm.png

My first team of lvl 71 2 *1/4/5 icon_captainamerica.png , lvl 50 2/0/1 icon_hulk.png & lvl 53 2* 1/4/3 icon_wolverine.png have failed.
    Tried next team of icon_hulk.png, lvl 49 1/4/5 Ares & lvl 57 5/3/1 lil torch and they were downed just as quick.

I think I'll go back to the PvP for now to see if I can earn some more covers...
  • El_Dude wrote:
    I took 2* Storm 134 and Magneto 127, Hood 92, +3 B/P AP, +3 All AP, +100% Critical Bonus. Got it on the first try with almost no damage vs XFW/OBW/Sentry at lvl 252/253/253.

Focused on taking down OBW first while denying green. Green would be my team's strongest color, so if XFW gathered enough black to use Surgical Strike, it would just remove all green from the board. Sounds good to me -- Sentry can't get it either. XFW never got a chance to fire it off. OBW was down by the second Wind Storm. Sentry was stunned from turn 3 onward.

Didn't even start off with a particularly favorable board, but color distribution was even so Hood stole from most tile matches.

I spent a whole day on this last node, with multiple different character combinations. I couldn't get anything to work, but this worked for me on the first try.

Thank you!!
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After giving up on this event about a million times since getting to the Finale, I just beat the last node myself. They were level 341. Used Punisher/Mr.Rogers/Hood to take them down.

Took out OBW first and kept Sentry locked down with Mr.Roger's blue while hitting hard with his red. Used Hood's black to speed up timers. When I had no countdown tiles I would fire Punisher's green (so he would destroy them on me) and then place them.

Half way through I realized I had forgotten to equip any team ups and my heart started pounding. World Rupture did set off on 5 tiles but did 1 damage to me (because of all my Protects) and full damage to Sentry. Used Retribution as a satisfying finishing move. Sadly, didn't get a level 341 team-up trophy out of it though. 2000 iso and a much-needed Psylocke cover is good enough though.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Finally I have completed this gauntlet! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    It would not have been possible without this extra day so I'm glad devs changed their mind during the event.

It's the first time I'm so dedicated since... the first time I played a PvE icon_eek.gif
    The Hunt re-run featuring Ares
    I was transitioning 1 star.png to 2 star.png the underleveled buffed characters won nodes alone
    sweet memories

greenflag.pnggreenflag.png
    Quick analysis: I'm very positive, this was the kind of event I was asking for when I mentioned a PvE without competition among players.
    The difficulty was based on personal roster, progressive and very very challenging toward the end.
    It's because the event completion was not automatic that it's so pleasant to complete it.
    Rewards were not too exciting but I actually needed blueflag.pngicon_blackpanther.png, greenflag.pngicon_blackwidow.png and blackflag.pngicon_psylocke.png
    Indeed, it was even the 13th cover for the three of them, coincidence? I don't think so ... icon_neutral.gif

In the future, this event could be either more days-long (easier to achieve) or still difficult but with more appealing rewards (my preference). The fact is that I wanted so badly completing it that I didn't fear to spend several boost since node 37, but in the future I may be more reluctant to do this.
    As top rewards for each sub are reserved for a 100% completion including essentials nodes it would be fair that the devs check that the reward reachable without essential char are correct (at least for transitioning players)
    greenflag.pnggreenflag.png
  • Took another crack at 37, except I went in without paying close attention to my team, and used Thor, Magneto and OBW. No stunner in sight. Still, apparently I had luck on my side because I got a good board and took down everyone without much difficulty.

Now I'm staring down a level 197 BP/Juggs/IM. I'm out of health packs from the DP/Ares/OBW fight, so I get to just sweat on that for the next several hours.
  • After 4th try, I finally beat node 40 with pun, c.storm & m.mag using 2 windstorms and 1 TU whale. I was lucky that I could deny all red and green for jugg. Since I don't have BP that's it for me.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Stupid node 40. I can't deny red, AND yellow, AND blue... I've tried boosts, teamups, stuns, level 350 juggs/mbw is too freaking mean
    Have you tried LC/Hood?
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    I managed a green Gsbw, but stopped after that. I might have pushed through foe psy, but only just noticed the extra event time. How about popup panels that tell us actually important things like that?
  • Just the final node between me and a Psylocke, but sadly I'm not gonna make it.

Been trying a bunch of times and once I was really, really close.
    Sentry got off a World rupture and I really didn't mind. I'm running a maxlvl Punisher so I had a bunch of strike tiles out.
    cStorm got knocked out, Punisher was badly wounded with about 2000 HP to go (and whoever else I had in my team had already been downed).
    OBW had bitten the dust earlier, Sentry was in even worse shape than Punisher (around 1400 HP). I was counting on XF to get knocked out from the WR, but he had 141 HP to go and a bunch of black AP...
    Bye bye Punisher...

Oh well, great event! Thanks a lot!
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just wanted to say this has been the most enjoyable event I've played in a very long time. More events like this May have me playing more often again.