Weekly Tournament - Avengers Discussion

Options

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So is the hood round scoring for keeps in all tournements? That is a major bummer if it is...possible deal breaker if so but we will see. Hopefully it changes and is only like this because its a copy of the earlier punisher coding most likely.
    It seemed back to normal earlier in the tournament, but then again my me is all over the place, from the lighting rounds, so ally retaliations were from people hundreds of points below me
  • Spoit wrote:
    So is the hood round scoring for keeps in all tournements? That is a major bummer if it is...possible deal breaker if so but we will see. Hopefully it changes and is only like this because its a copy of the earlier punisher coding most likely.
    It seemed back to normal earlier in the tournament, but then again my me is all over the place, from the lighting rounds, so ally retaliations were from people hundreds of points below me

It was normal in the beginning. Don't know why they change it.
  • Nephilim3 wrote:
    Grazzt wrote:
    Still got -32 from one attack, just like last tournament.
    Matchmaking issue still exists as we'll.
    Disappointed.
    So sorry grazzt. I wasn't aware you were on forum. Your name has been popping up constantly and worth many points. I'll shy away!
    Nah, I can't even pass 500 points thanks to the buggy matchmaking system. Seeing all the same players' names over and over, whose points were all around 400.
    Normally, I only attack players with higher points, and can finish top 10 rather easily. Now with this issue I have to try very hard and use lots of boosts to get to top 15 icon_e_sad.gif
  • Struggled to break 300 with this tournament and couldn't get match ups outside of about 10 different people for about 10 to 15 points max.
    Gave up trying about 90 minutes from the end and finished in the 3 standard tokens award level.

Awesome pulls from the tokens though.
    Magneto Marvel Now Blue
    Rags Red (first red cover)
    And a useless IM35 yellow

Ultimately worked out better finishing lower.
  • This tournament is nice. I like the change to 1st place overall.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    BrenH wrote:
    Struggled to break 300 with this tournament and couldn't get match ups outside of about 10 different people for about 10 to 15 points max.
    Gave up trying about 90 minutes from the end and finished in the 3 standard tokens award level.

Magneto Marvel Now Blue

Huh? Doesn't it give Avengers tokens? How'd you get Rags?
  • Kelbris wrote:
    BrenH wrote:
    Struggled to break 300 with this tournament and couldn't get match ups outside of about 10 different people for about 10 to 15 points max.

Magneto Marvel Now Blue

If you finished really low, you got 3 standard recruit tokens.
  • jozier wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:
    BrenH wrote:

Magneto Marvel Now Blue

If you finished really low, you got 3 standard recruit tokens.

And I finished really low and lucked out with my standard tokens.
    After pulling endless Cap covers from the 2* tokens, including a couple of days of buying the daily deal tokens, it's nice to get some luck.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BrenH wrote:

Magneto Marvel Now Blue

Now try going from about 700 to 1100 with those fights almost all bring worth under 15, and the last couple hundred being under 10
  • Spoit wrote:
    BrenH wrote:

Magneto Marvel Now Blue

Now try going from about 700 to 1100 with those fights almost all bring worth under 15, and the last couple hundred being under 10

I'm at the stage where I can only dream of getting to 700 in these tournaments.
    My two strongest characters are Thor and 2* Wolvie both at about level 60.
    I do okay with the PVE tournaments now that I understand the rubber banding a bit better.
    Hoping to place well in the Hulk tournament. I've been top 300 overall at the end of each set of missions. We'll just have to see how aggressive the rubber banding gets in the final few hours.
  • windfallstar
    Options
    I'm actually really surprised at my results. I was really close to getting first until I got attacked and lost 30 points with less than a minute left on the clock. Not too broken up about it though since I wasn't really expecting to be able to hit top 3.
  • Got the Classic Storm 3 covers reward, really glad about it. Already had 1 each of her skills from black widow imposter mision, i will try to gather more to be able to use her icon_e_smile.gif
  • Misguided wrote:
    Ok, so I had headed off to West Sahara and had done some missions there. Popped over to check on the tournament and saw Zathrus was in first. So I hopped into a mission hoping to pass him with a minute left and wound up in first.
    I couldn't stay up for the finish, too many late nights and early mornings this week. Went to bed in 7th place, woke up to a top 75 finish for storm covers I didn't need. Hopefully round 2 ends at a decent time.
  • Misguided wrote:
    You guys totally went to town on ryarus...he'd had a pretty big lead.

What'd he get up to? I was asleep those last 4 hours, still made top 5. I'm happy.

He ping ponged the entire tournament though -- he'd get a huge amount of points and then fall 200 points or so.
  • Ha I went to sleep with a 200 pt lead and 50 minutes left. Ended up top 45. Ahh oh well. Just need one black to finish Punisher now
  • I getting really tied of the short tourney points and matchmaking systems there's just about no way to get to 1000+ points and even if you did some how reach 1k 10 mins later you got 700 points and in an hour you will be back to 400 points. I'm not seeing a lot of reasons to burn my boosts and lives not to mention my money on a system so broken

Don't get me wrong I love the game it's the best app going hands down and I won't stop playing but that doesn't mean I have to piss my money away on the short tourneys I say leave the rubber banding to the week long events and leave the short events for grinders. We could have the best of both some hardcore grinding for the old school crowd and rubber banding for the non grinders
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    You guys totally went to town on ryarus...he'd had a pretty big lead.

What'd he get up to? I was asleep those last 4 hours, still made top 5. I'm happy.

He ping ponged the entire tournament though -- he'd get a huge amount of points and then fall 200 points or so.

He was up to 900, and I had no one to attack worth points that wasn't named Forgrim, TheLadder, walkyourpath, etc.
  • I was comfortably in first with 12 minutes left. Went into fight another to try to push just a little higher. Came out of the fight to a -130 screen and was in 5th. Still managed top 5, but I don't get how so many people can hit you all at once at the bitter end.
  • Kikujiro
    Kikujiro Posts: 157
    Options
    Reach 1st place near 620 points, above 2nd by 100+ points ...
    lpp2yYo.jpg

Drop to 3rd place. Several "10-15 points" matches later I manage to climb up to 1st ...
    czTHpgk.jpg

Almost 7:00 am, more than one hour till the end, so f*** it, better go to sleep ... but before play a few matches, just the amount required to be 1st again xD

At least I got one red cover when I woke up icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Ouch. Yeah, that's definitely not the normal scoring we saw from a few weeks ago. Though, overall, this tournament didn't seem as bad as the last one we had.

Towards the end of the tourney, I was super afraid of even attacking people...if they retaliated (with a lot fewer points than me), I was going to be screwed.