Weekly Tournament - Avengers Discussion

Options

Comments

• itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This tourney is brutal for getting big scores for the prizes but its easy to break into the top 10 on one run. Staying there is another story. Just played guys with over 22 points and had to win 10 fights in the last hour and a half just to go from 375 to 500. Just broke 500 to get the ISOs, expect to be back to at least 400 in the next 2 hours.

Problem is you are a sitting duck once you get past 425 as you are worth a ton of points and with so few people that high, you are going to get smacked hard since there isnt a dominant team, I have a level 85 spidey, thor and Wolvie team and people with much worse still hit me and I easily take out teams with 97 GS BW, 120 IM40s and 120 Spideys. Sometimes, thanks to the Spidey heal I beat a much better team and walk out unscathed.
  • I climbed to 800 for the token and a few hours later I was back to 400ish. The final hour is gonna be crazy!
  • The first tourney was relatively quiet for me until the end. This second one has been way more active. I'm shuddering at the thought of what the last hour will be like this time around.
  • I climbed to 800 for the token and a few hours later I was back to 400ish. The final hour is gonna be crazy!

Yep, that was alot of work just to pull a Red Cap'n from the Avengers Token. Gonna sit back and let everyone else duke it out and make a stealth charge at the end.
  • windfallstar
    Options
    Top of my ladder is at 571 right now and I haven't even hit the 600 reward. I don't think the 800 one is realistic for me this time but I do hope that I can maintain top 5.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh hey elementalor, going for 1st?
  • Spoit wrote:

I'll give it a go in the morning, but I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna get nuked down again. 1st would be nice, but top 5 is my main goal.

You?
  • Spoit
    Options
    Spoit wrote:

I'll give it a go in the morning, but I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna get nuked down again. 1st would be nice, but top 5 is my main goal.

You?
    I'm just going to see how long I can go until the low points per battle annoys me too much. I've still got the tanking from the lighting rounds in effect, so even 800 will probably be super annoying. I'll see how many points I have after retaliations in the morning
  • still can't find anyone above 500 points to attack, still got -30+ from one hit
    i'll just quit this one and no man tournament, hope lowering my MMR would help
  • Logged in and had lost nearly 250 points

FUN
  • LOL, after the Hulk event ended i put the effort in, started the Avengers tourny to get to the 600 pt mark. A few hours later i was back down to 300 icon_e_biggrin.gif

Hoping to get top 5 this time around. That punisher seems stronger than i thought.
  • Jesus christ. Just logged in again and lost another 150 points.

Yep, that was alot of work just to pull a Red Cap'n from the Avengers Token. Gonna sit back and let everyone else duke it out and make a stealth charge at the end.

I got a yellow Thor that I really needed (5/3/3 atm), so that was worth it icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Currently sitting at #1 with 2 hours to go.
    I really want to get top45 this time for at least one punisher cover, in case future events will require it.
    So I want to ask the forum big guns... what should I do? Make a push now to try to get a fat lead or wait, and how much? My team is 85 wolvie, 63 thor, 50 IM35, I think it should be good enough for top45 if I play it right.

Thanks!
  • what should I do? Make a push now to try to get a fat lead or wait, and how much? My team is 85 wolvie, 63 thor, 50 IM35, I think it should be good enough for top45 if I play it right.

I would wait and see what happens to/below you. The higher you go the more points people get from you so the bigger bullseye you have on your back. Line up some opponents in the mean time and see how it goes, make a push towards the end if/when you need to.

One disclaimer, I don't have much experience with the crazy rules right now so maybe this tried and true strategy is no longer viable. If so someone please correct me.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I climbed to 800 for the token and a few hours later I was back to 400ish. The final hour is gonna be crazy!

I got a yellow Thor that I really needed (5/3/3 atm), so that was worth it icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Currently sitting at #1 with 2 hours to go.
    I really want to get top45 this time for at least one punisher cover, in case future events will require it.
    So I want to ask the forum big guns... what should I do? Make a push now to try to get a fat lead or wait, and how much? My team is 85 wolvie, 63 thor, 50 IM35, I think it should be good enough for top45 if I play it right.

Thanks!

A fat lead right now will only make you a fat target for others making a charge. I would try to wait until the last ~20 min (unless you get hit a bunch and drop out of the top tiers before then) and use boosts to quickly finish as many matches as you can - should minimize minimize retaliations and the chance that you run out of health packs during your charge.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Meh. Screw it. None of the prizes are worth it for me. I'd rather invest whatever iso I have into Spidey than Punisher. My Punisher is @ 3/2/2, so I'm not in a rush to gain anymore covers. Plus looks like The Hulk event is restarting. Plenty of chances to obtain his covers there.
  • Thanks guys, those were some quality tips icon_e_wink.gif
    Looks like they are replaying the Hulk event... another good reason to try and get a punisher cover icon_twisted.gif
  • Spoit
    Options
    Didn't take a screenshot, but lost 37 points to someone at 370 when I was only 470. (Plus the lost points)
  • Yeah, I dropped about 300 points from about 7 attacks. These tourneys are pretty bleh now.

IceIX said there's nothing changed in the scoring, but I''m pretty positive it hasn't been like this before last week.
  • I see scores of people below me raise and drop like crazy, while I haven't been hit in like an hour. Maybe they're all lining me up for the last 5 mins lol. I feel the perfect storm lining up icon_cry.gif
    Actually I've been hit once and won +5... my first successful defense in the game yikes!