Weekly Tournament - Avengers Discussion

Options

Comments

• Yeah, I dropped about 300 points from about 7 attacks. These tourneys are pretty bleh now.

IceIX said there's nothing changed in the scoring, but I''m pretty positive it hasn't been like this before last week.

He said that, and then in other (later) posts he said they were looking into it but had found that it required a client side patch.

Which, honestly, is concerning to me. What on earth is involved on the client in calculating PvP score? If the answer is anything other than "nothing" then it screams potential exploit to me.

In any case, PvP is extremely unfun right now.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Yeah, I dropped about 300 points from about 7 attacks. These tourneys are pretty bleh now.

IceIX said there's nothing changed in the scoring, but I''m pretty positive it hasn't been like this before last week.

He said that, and then in other (later) posts he said they were looking into it but had found that it required a client side patch.

Which, honestly, is concerning to me. What on earth is involved on the client in calculating PvP score? If the answer is anything other than "nothing" then it screams potential exploit to me.

In any case, PvP is extremely unfun right now.

Ah ok, that's good to hear.

And yeah, I'm not sure why anything related to calculations is done client side.
  • Spoit, if you can catch jamstira for 1st you don't need to worry about me. I just want top 5.
  • So...is anyone else unable to log in?

same here icon_e_sad.gif
  • I can't login too...

same here icon_e_sad.gif

I'm having problems logging on as well after getting disconnected. I'm #1 in my bracket with a 150 points lead, so I'm not worried.
  • Yea, keep getting the comm link stuff. Clearly my internet is working fine.though...
  • up 240 points on #2 with 15 minutes to go. did it with 130 IM, 90 BW, and 60 SM. it's a decent team but hardly insurmountable even for 2*s.

i haven been attacked except like 4 times total this tournament. it seems like once you get out of the 800s, there are very few people there and none of us need the progression rewards so we just stay at 800 and get the easy win. #2 through #10 are like 400-600 and they change places constantly, so i think they're seeing a lot of action.

so I think the best thing to do is just get to 800 really fast and by attacking as few targets as possible, and then just chillax the rest of the way
  • 1,2,4 finish for spoit, myself and elementalor, nicely done!
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Some mother **** just beat me by a single point.

Well played. Although, it's my fault for only using boosts on the last two people (after running through 10 without them).
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Options
    1,2,4 finish for spoit, myself and elementalor, nicely done!

Pretty awesome if that kept, I hope so. I got hit just before close, so it depends if my attack counted. Nice from you two either way though!

Edit: It did! Forums too strong.
  • FoxInSox
    FoxInSox Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Nothing quite like being comfortably in #1. Having the game **** out. Then checking again and seeing Namek come out of nowhere and land in the #2 spot and seeing him steadily narrowing the gap. Huge gulp... Last 10 mins were spent frantically trying to keep my lead. Not sure if I succeeded.
  • Thanks to the game going down I wasn't able to maintain my grip on 1st. Dropped. Not sure if I dropped to 6 or if I stayed top 5. That's frustrating though. I won the last tournament handily and would've done the same here.
  • Thanks to the game going down I couldn't get back in top 5.

What a load of bullkitty.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Thanks to the game going down I couldn't get back in top 5.

What a load of bullkitty.

Yep. Missed out on a black punisher. Which I wanted badly since I only have one of those (obtained when I finished first in the last Avengers tournament).
  • Yay my first tournament win! Lost 70 points from 2 (!!!) attacks in the last 5 mins, but was able to hold the lead with a couple of buff-propelled quick wins. So happy right now! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Also has anyone else's animations slowed down at all? Starting after the server recovered, the animations all feel much much slower. For everything.
  • I'm sorry for the guys that missed their spots. I guess the last 5 minutes we're full of action in more competitive brackets (mine had almost no movements)

I'm really glad that i got 3 classic storm covers. Now she is 3/3/3, just a bit more!
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1,2,4 finish for spoit, myself and elementalor, nicely done!

Pretty awesome if that kept, I hope so. I got hit just before close, so it depends if my attack counted. Nice from you two either way though!
    I got hit the last minute too, but apparently so was everyone else icon_e_biggrin.gif