Weekly Tournament - Avengers Discussion

Comments

• Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Kelbris wrote:
    Nemek, how bad do you want that first place? I'm pretty content with 2-5.

I'll be going for first, most definitely. I saw you in the bracket earlier and got worried...seems like a very mellow bracket overall, though.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Nemek wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:
    Nemek, how bad do you want that first place? I'm pretty content with 2-5.

I'll be going for first, most definitely. I saw you in the bracket earlier and got worried...seems like a very mellow bracket overall, though.

I'm kind of camping out right now down in #15 with 500, ha
  • I've pushed to over 900 points. Which puts me in 1st place for my bracket by about 300 points. I'm going to sit back for a bit and see how this plays out. I did get attacked by Ryarus33 twice, but after I hit him back for more points than I lost both times, he seems to have stopped retaliating against me as a losing proposition. I'm just retaliating now to keep up around 900. I want first this time and I plan on taking it.

Edit: Although, I have to just take some hits since there's no way I can go up against a level 110 spidey.
  • NFHQ43 wrote:
    I've pushed to over 900 points. Which puts me in 1st place for my bracket by about 300 points. I'm going to sit back for a bit and see how this plays out. I did get attacked by Ryarus33 twice, but after I hit him back for more points than I lost both times, he seems to have stopped retaliating against me as a losing proposition. I'm just retaliating now to keep up around 900. I want first this time and I plan on taking it.

Edit: Although, I have to just take some hits since there's no way I can go up against a level 110 spidey.

Ryarus is leading my bracket with Zathrus in second and me in third. He ran up to 900 while we were playing Apples to Apples. I wouldn't mind first, but I'm happy with 2-5 and I have had no one to attack worth decent points for hours except for forumites. Meanwhile, I'm almost 150 above 4th place so I may just hang here.
  • Misguided wrote:
    NFHQ43 wrote:
    I've pushed to over 900 points. Which puts me in 1st place for my bracket by about 300 points. I'm going to sit back for a bit and see how this plays out. I did get attacked by Ryarus33 twice, but after I hit him back for more points than I lost both times, he seems to have stopped retaliating against me as a losing proposition. I'm just retaliating now to keep up around 900. I want first this time and I plan on taking it.

Ryarus is leading my bracket with Zathrus in second and me in third. He ran up to 900 while we were playing Apples to Apples. I wouldn't mind first, but I'm happy with 2-5 and I have had no one to attack worth decent points for hours except for forumites. Meanwhile, I'm almost 150 above 4th place so I may just hang here.

Out of curiousity, what are you fielding? I've got a 72 Thor, 65 2* Wolverine, and a 54 Cap at the moment. Although Cap is my odd man out.

Edit: Just occurred to me that this is ending at 2AM EST when the last few weeks, the first one has ended at 9AM EST on Wednesday. Although, they did have a release delay for the start, so that could explain the end time.
  • My bracket is pretty intense with me at 811, both 2nd and 3rd place about 100 points behind me. The kicker is that it seems both 2nd and 3rd place are also in my MMR.
  • cstar wrote:
    My bracket is pretty intense with me at 811, both 2nd and 3rd place about 100 points behind me. The kicker is that it seems both 2nd and 3rd place are also in my MMR.

Sorry cstar, didn't know you were in the forum.
  • Misguided wrote:
    NFHQ43 wrote:

I attacked Ryan for you. I'll do it again if I find him
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Frozen wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    NFHQ43 wrote:

I attacked Ryan for you. I'll do it again if I find him

I appreciate that. I believe I ended in 1st, I was 50 points ahead when I came out of my last battle right at 2AM. So unless things went disastrously in the final few matches wrapping up, I should have gotten 1st.

Edit: Confirmed, 1st place. Now to decide if I buy a 31st slot now or just sit on my HP.
  • Bleh fell from 2nd-5th I think, so many hits in the last 10 minutes. Really hate that part about these things.
    Might get it if my last attack went through.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    edited December 2013
    I had waaay too much fun picking on Thor/IM35 teams at the end. The last fight (which i forgot to put AP boosts on so I finished it 2 minutes late) the AI managed to get a critical cascade that lead to a Thorned Rose, and I just stunned Thor so that the AI used the Red and Yellow AP for IM35's attacks. Although, once I knew the tournament ended I was going for minimum damage taken instead of speed.

Think I placed second with about 630. I know I was 2-5. I just wanted the Punisher covers; I already have a blue IW. (Hunt Heroic pack, yeee)

Edit: Yep, just got the top 3 rewards. I've got a 2/2/3 Punisher now and I'm going to most likely be getting the 50k progression red Punisher. Pretty sure I'm going to use it. Level 5 Retribution looks nasty (if it doesn't get nerfed).
  • Frozen wrote:
    cstar wrote:
    My bracket is pretty intense with me at 811, both 2nd and 3rd place about 100 points behind me. The kicker is that it seems both 2nd and 3rd place are also in my MMR.

Sorry cstar, didn't know you were in the forum.

No worries I think I still got first anyways.... even with misguided attacking me for -31 points at the end icon_e_smile.gif
  • Made a push for 1st with a half hour to go. Finished first comfortably. Very nice. Didn't have time to get progression rewards this time out, I think I only managed up to 700.
  • Just finished 1st without any real effort. Started playing about a hour and a half before the end and made my way all the way to first with like 750 point. Actually kinda surprised myself icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Was ranked first when I woke up.

Had to put in work in the project which took all morning and part of the afternoon.

Caught the last half hour of the tourney.

Top 45 finish.

The Punisher (red cover).

Oh hell yeah!
  • Picked up 4th place. Swear this tournament switched to Hood-scoring in the last hour or something; I was being hit for 25+ every time.
  • NFHQ43 wrote:

Out of curiousity, what are you fielding? I've got a 72 Thor, 65 2* Wolverine, and a 54 Cap at the moment. Although Cap is my odd man out.

Edit: Just occurred to me that this is ending at 2AM EST when the last few weeks, the first one has ended at 9AM EST on Wednesday. Although, they did have a release delay for the start, so that could explain the end time.

Thor/Spidey/Wolverine

Ok, so I had headed off to West Sahara and had done some missions there. Popped over to check on the tournament and saw Zathrus was in first. So I hopped into a mission hoping to pass him with a minute left and wound up in first.

Cstar is on here? Oh ****, I think that's who I hit last second. Hope I didn't screw anything up for you. Jeez, it's getting hard to find targets.

Edit: ah cool, glad I didn't knock you off your spot.

You guys totally went to town on ryarus...he'd had a pretty big lead.
  • Hey guys, I have a picture of IceIX with with a questionable lady.

That's the only way to explain why I wasn't attacked in the last hour or so. Finished first @ 930 something.
  • 17 days in and managed to score my first top 3! Hells yeah!
  • So is the hood round scoring for keeps in all tournements? That is a major bummer if it is...possible deal breaker if so but we will see. Hopefully it changes and is only like this because its a copy of the earlier punisher coding most likely.