Weekly Tournament - Avengers Discussion

Options

Comments

• Dth687 wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Wolverine and storm shouldn't be listed under x-men because we x-men fans all know cyclops' team is the real x-men squad
    Hmm I am 37 and I have been reading X-men since '83 (I have slacked in the past 2 years but still do here and there) and I could'nt disagree with you more. Yes they may not be originals but are still a very big part of the team. Maybe it's just that I am not a big fan of Cyke and his whining (atleast this changed abit after Jean's death, even if she is back now Idk) but I would still love to see him in game.

no i dont mean the original 5...

i mean after schism (wolverine splintered off with the other lame x-men)
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Kravdraa wrote:
    I didnt know wolverine was under avengers, and Im so happy that he is cos hes my highest leveled character. icon_e_biggrin.gif

If a team exists, Wolverine's on it.

There's an issue of Wolverine and the X-Men that makes light of this, with him running off on different missions every day and never having time to shower.

Another of my fav web comics does the same:http://interrobangstudios.com/comics-display.php?strip_id=1514
  • Tarrant wrote:
    So is it the one ending at 7am the euro friendly one?

That's what I was wondering. Maybe the end time is wrong because of the late start.

I hope that the second tournament ends at euro friendly time so we european players have finally a real chance to get the Punisher icon_eek.gif

btw: Frohe Weihnachten!
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kitty this is a slog. I spend hours avoiding nick fury with all the other fights giving only like 5 -8 points, and he hits me got-46 when I'm like 15 points away from 1100
  • Personally, I have been staying away from this tourney. I'm at the point of tired of seeing the same old character teams. At least with very restrictive tournaments, I can actually enjoy a bit of diversity. Even Punisher covers can't entice me enough to play.

It essentially comes down to, as a fantasy comparison, I'm either fighting a goblin fighter, goblin archer, or goblin shaman. Regardless, it's still a freakin' goblin. And really is kinda boring. icon_e_sad.gif I wish there was more variety in opposing team comps.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Grazzt wrote:
    Arclight wrote:
    Shouldn't the event have already been started? Thought it starts immediately after the 3* one?
    Hopefully they are fixing some issues appeared in the 3* tournament.

And I need some advice, since I can't use rag in this tour, who's the best replacement? My highest level avengers are grey suit black widow and spidey, and they will remain in the team, really love widow's green skill.
    My other avengers are 85 thor and 70 IM40, which one to choose?

Thor does damage earlier.
  • Loving this tournament. The lack of villains really switched up the game.

I'm currently playing 89 hulk, 75 Wolvie and either spidey or widow depending on my mood. Usually spidey. These past few events showed me what I was missing out on by my refusal to level Wolvie. I will still never level Thor just out of spite.

Hulk has 6500 hp just at level 89, and his black power feeds into the strike tile game so well. I never use his powers really, but that's not why I'm running him. Honestly I'm just so glad to see someone other than ragnarok in my lineup
  • Hey guys, do you think it's worth to try pushing for Punisher red cover, compared to classic storm reward (all 3 covers) ?
  • Hey guys, do you think it's worth to try pushing for Punisher red cover, compared to classic storm reward (all 3 covers) ?

Do you have any punisher covers yet? Sounds like you probably don't. Assuming you actually need the Storm covers, it sounds as if getting those will be much more useful for you in the near term.
  • Having a Punisher cover might be more useful in the extremely short term if the final waves of Hulk missions require him. If I have any hope of finishing in the top 1500, it is because I won a single Punisher cover during the last tournament.
  • If I have to fight one more Thor + Wolverine team I'm going to cry.
  • I had also neglecting levelling wolvie until this tourney. He's around 60-65 now and has been very fun to play with boosted. Not sure if I will take him past 70 though for the time being, still got a lot if effort needed towards storm c spidey and DD.
  • @Misguided @Zathrus hai guyz!

Nothing to fear from me, I'm struggling to find opponents worth fighting just to hold my spot at #5.
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    @Misguided @Zathrus hai guyz!

Nothing to fear from me, I'm struggling to find opponents worth fighting just to hold my spot at #5.

I'll just kindly request any forumites skip me if they see my 120 Spidey / 120 IM40 / 85 Wolvie team. Or let me know if you see something other than that in a non-retaliation target.

Hope to end up with some Punisher covers from this, but won't be too surprised if that doesn't happen.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Hope to end up with some Punisher covers from this, but won't be too surprised if that doesn't happen.

Isn't it past your bedtime old man? icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Still got -32 from one attack, just like last tournament.
    Matchmaking issue still exists as we'll.
    Disappointed.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Kitty this is a slog. I spend hours avoiding nick fury with all the other fights giving only like 5 -8 points, and he hits me got-46 when I'm like 15 points away from 1100

Man, you're in a turbo bracket. I'm in first in my bracket with 709 and afraid to push much higher because I want last to minimize last minute retaliations. Will probably push to 800 for the Avengers token and hope for a lucky Hulk draw. After the endless parade of Cap covers I didn't need, I finally drew two black Hulks from the Gamma tokens in the last 2 Hulk subs. I'm interested to see whether it will end up being Punisher or Hulk who ends up in my 3rd spot with Spidey (and Rags, once I get him past 2/2).
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Nemek, how bad do you want that first place? I'm pretty content with 2-5.
  • Grazzt wrote:
    Still got -32 from one attack, just like last tournament.
    Matchmaking issue still exists as we'll.
    Disappointed.
    So sorry grazzt. I wasn't aware you were on forum. Your name has been popping up constantly and worth many points. I'll shy away!
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:

Man, you're in a turbo bracket. I'm in first in my bracket with 709 and afraid to push much higher because I want last to minimize last minute retaliations. Will probably push to 800 for the Avengers token and hope for a lucky Hulk draw. After the endless parade of Cap covers I didn't need, I finally drew two black Hulks from the Gamma tokens in the last 2 Hulk subs. I'm interested to see whether it will end up being Punisher or Hulk who ends up in my 3rd spot with Spidey (and Rags, once I get him past 2/2).
    Nah. I was just pushing up for the spidy, I haven't touched it, and I still have like a hundred point lead despite a number of retaliationa