Upcoming Patch R60 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Sweenz wrote:
    I don't have ldaken maxed yet, but never really considered him that big of a threat until sentry came along. You are fixing the wrong part of the issue.

I fear the main reason why they dont want to mess up sentry is because it is in the right spot from a business stand point. Everyone wants to use him, he is over powered but I also believe he rakes in alot of sales from health packs. If 2 of 3 of Sentry's abilities dont cause himself damage, I bet a nerf would have happened just like spidy.
  • Joker117
    Options
    I'm not happy about new powers/colors just because who says I want character "X" to use black instead or red maybe I have my team set and him maxed on red for a reason and now I'll lose iso (bc I can't sell ) and gold/coins wasted maxing a different set up for the character ..

I do like seeing guys like magneto 3* getting 3 powers next up should be rags and dr.doom (they are giving him away as a prize for pvp ...season award is xforce and they said that's for a reason ..maybe they're tweaking doom next and letting newer players get him?) ..

3* should of always had 3 powers and it seems slowly but surely it'll be fixed ..

I just don't like changing an entire power and color so majorly like xforce wolverines red is now black and not the same power really so now if you maxed that out and you used him with punisher ..you now have to get a different team bc wolverines red is now black ..etc etc ..(or doom) .. Just makes for a real pain that I hope in the end is worth it more for us players ..

I hope they give us a chance to fox the character ..say we had him maxed at 5/5/3 (idk just saying) maybe now we want his health maxed and the new power to be 3 ...or whatever how hard will it be to obtain his card?! And then once you have the cards that's iso you could of had if you sold them (if you've played as long as me you at least have him close to filled out just haven't level him completely bc he was overrated/weaker ...) .

Not mad just ...interested .

Also thought they'd tweak daken 2* more due to having team ups and his only weakness really as a 2* was no actual power it was all passives that healed him and created damage tiles ..now with the right set up he has special attacks up to 3 ..
  • Joker117
    Options
    silverrex wrote:
    Sweenz wrote:
    I don't have ldaken maxed yet, but never really considered him that big of a threat until sentry came along. You are fixing the wrong part of the issue.

I fear the main reason why they dont want to mess up sentry is because it is in the right spot from a business stand point. Everyone wants to use him, he is over powered but I also believe he rakes in alot of sales from health packs. If 2 of 3 of Sentry's abilities dont cause himself damage, I bet a nerf would have happened just like spidy.

I hate sentry even ares annoyed me with hurting himself but at least he heals and only hurts himself (not counting what giving green ap could do bc that's strategy..I could live with that) .

He's def a $ maker because also if you face him you're guaranteed to get hurt bad and he's a 3* so bigger damage to everyone....fighting against him and having him is basically suicide win or lose you need 3 health packs lol .

Also not big on some other powers like she hulks blue has no use unless it's vs the right team ..too situational and beast looks underwhelming (haven't used him yet ) .
  • LDaken was the first 3star character I maxed and took me to purchase $99 to have his powers maxed, like everyone I feel he's not overpowered it was Sentry's fault.. so when it happens if I fell ripped off I will send a formal claim to D3 and next to AppleStore.. I want my money back or some compensation, tha't only way D3 can understand that some people pay not to feel weaker..
  • RiverSea wrote:
    LDaken was the first 3star character I maxed and took me to purchase $99 to have his powers maxed, like everyone I feel he's not overpowered it was Sentry's fault.. so when it happens if I fell ripped off I will send a formal claim to D3 and next to AppleStore.. I want my money back or some compensation, tha't only way D3 can understand that some people pay not to feel weaker..
    He wasn't nerfed much. He just takes 1 more blue tile to heal and the power of his strikes was slightly lowered.
  • He wasn't nerfed much. He just takes 1 more blue tile to heal and the power of his strikes was slightly lowered.[/quote]

One more tile already make him more self-destruct than healing, defensive he is destroyed.. but biggest nerf would be as people says that he changed green for blue to add his strikes.. tell me it is not true..
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He now has attack power on blue instead of green. Pheromone Rage still triggers from green matches. It'll just be another character attacking when you make the match (assuming you have another green user in your team, which you really should anyway - if you're matching a bunch of green, you ought to have somebody who can spend it, right?).
  • The blue is pretty much a nonissue because the only way you ever ran low on blue was due to Magneto who no longer has the ability to wipe out almost all blue tiles on the board. Blue is a relatively low value color now so you shouldn't be matching it in the first place, and if the other side is matching it, it's good for you since outside of Fury there's no one that can do anything interesting with blue AP and the loss of regen is easily worth it. It'll probably be a bigger issue in PvE because there are a lot of goons with abilities on blue which is going to reduce the number of blues available either from matching them or having the CD resolve.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    The blue is pretty much a nonissue because the only way you ever ran low on blue was due to Magneto who no longer has the ability to wipe out almost all blue tiles on the board. Blue is a relatively low value color now so you shouldn't be matching it in the first place, and if the other side is matching it, it's good for you since outside of Fury there's no one that can do anything interesting with blue AP and the loss of regen is easily worth it. It'll probably be a bigger issue in PvE because there are a lot of goons with abilities on blue which is going to reduce the number of blues available either from matching them or having the CD resolve.
    It only took a couple blue matches to fall below the regen threshold before, and then it only barely balanced out in terms of replenishing them at the current rate
  • Phantron wrote:
    The blue is pretty much a nonissue because the only way you ever ran low on blue was due to Magneto who no longer has the ability to wipe out almost all blue tiles on the board. Blue is a relatively low value color now so you shouldn't be matching it in the first place, and if the other side is matching it, it's good for you since outside of Fury there's no one that can do anything interesting with blue AP and the loss of regen is easily worth it. It'll probably be a bigger issue in PvE because there are a lot of goons with abilities on blue which is going to reduce the number of blues available either from matching them or having the CD resolve.

Except that BEFORE the nerf level 5 Chemical Reaction was a good ability that I could use once or twice without killing myself, and now it won't be
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Except that BEFORE the nerf level 5 Chemical Reaction was a good ability that I could use once or twice without killing myself, and now it won't be

Normally you dont use chemical reaction until the end of th match for the finishing blow since you want to keep strike tiles around for as long as possible. In the case where you need to use it earlier to kill a guy right before he gets off his power move, then its obviously s lot worse, but those cases are rarer enough to make this overall not a huge issue.
  • gamar wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Normally you dont use chemical reaction until the end of th match for the finishing blow since you want to keep strike tiles around for as long as possible. In the case where you need to use it earlier to kill a guy right before he gets off his power move, then its obviously s lot worse, but those cases are rarer enough to make this overall not a huge issue.

I actually DON'T think that's the best way to play CR. Building to a green ability is usually one of my top priorities anyways; if there's no green match on the board CR will usually make one available if not cascade outright - so I'm getting 3000+ damage, more green AP, and replacing two of the strike tiles I lost. I consider that a bargain at any point in the battle, but it also means I'm not infrequently taking heat damage - rarely so much that I don't more than make up for it in healing a few turns later, but a difference of even one blue tile for the "cut off" on healing will make it so you pretty much never heal using this strategy - which means 5/5/3 is clearly the better build and then CR is sucky icon_e_sad.gif
  • I don't really use Chemical Reaction to try for green cascades unless I have at least 10 blue AP. Relying on 2 random green tile conversion to form a cascade is just not very good odds unless the blues are in very convenient spots.
  • Phantron wrote:
    I don't really use Chemical Reaction to try for green cascades unless I have at least 10 blue AP. Relying on 2 random green tile conversion to form a cascade is just not very good odds unless the blues are in very convenient spots.
    It doesn't need to be a cascade - just to place a green somewhere where it can then be matched with other green. And the odds of that are very good.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    With regards to cMags and Daken, I'm curious as to why the decision was made to align colors to powers for everyone. I know some people got OCD over it, but as was formerly the case with GSBW "protecting" herself with not taking green, the occasional mismatch seemed useful as a tool in the character balance toolbox.

I honestly believe that "mismatched" powers and tiles strengths was consider a "too complicated" level of strategy. It was probably deemed "confusing" for the lowest common denominator and so was changed.

Personally, I also liked it. It presented some really interesting ideas for team composition. One example would be Magneto with his mismatched Purple power and introducing someone like Mystique who is strong in matching Purple (if I'm going to theorise, she'd have Purple as her strongest colour and a Purple passive ability that worked similar to Espionage). Such a team up then has Mystique out in front gathering Purple and Magneto spending it. I think it also works somewhat thematically, with Magneto using other mutants to further his goals. I also think this nerfs Daken a little too much. He barely needed funbalancing as it is, but if any change was going to be made, I had suggested that his Healing should be associated with the number of friendly Red Strike tiles in play - too many out and Heat kicks in, damaging each turn; use CR to reduce them, Daken normalises and healing power resumes. If you want to put the hurt on an enemy Daken through "Heat", you need to be in a dangerous situation where he's going to be dealing more damage; if you want to play it safe and don't provoke him, he gets to heal each turn, thereby dragging out the fight.

I think the only benefit that comes from aligning all these characters with their colours correctly is that Rag must be next on the buff list now to sort out that mess.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    With regards to cMags and Daken, I'm curious as to why the decision was made to align colors to powers for everyone. I know some people got OCD over it, but as was formerly the case with GSBW "protecting" herself with not taking green, the occasional mismatch seemed useful as a tool in the character balance toolbox.

I honestly believe that "mismatched" powers and tiles strengths was consider a "too complicated" level of strategy. It was probably deemed "confusing" for the lowest common denominator and so was changed.

Personally, I also liked it. It presented some really interesting ideas for team composition. One example would be Magneto with his mismatched Purple power and introducing someone like Mystique who is strong in matching Purple (if I'm going to theorise, she'd have Purple as her strongest colour and a Purple passive ability that worked similar to Espionage). Such a team up then has Mystique out in front gathering Purple and Magneto spending it. I think it also works somewhat thematically, with Magneto using other mutants to further his goals. I also think this nerfs Daken a little too much. He barely needed funbalancing as it is, but if any change was going to be made, I had suggested that his Healing should be associated with the number of friendly Red Strike tiles in play - too many out and Heat kicks in, damaging each turn; use CR to reduce them, Daken normalises and healing power resumes. If you want to put the hurt on an enemy Daken through "Heat", you need to be in a dangerous situation where he's going to be dealing more damage; if you want to play it safe and don't provoke him, he gets to heal each turn, thereby dragging out the fight.

I think the only benefit that comes from aligning all these characters with their colours correctly is that Rag must be next on the buff list now to sort out that mess.
    That daken idea is awesome.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Question for Phantron or anyone else, really: How does the AI prioritize matching? Hypothetical: I'm in a match and have knocked out two characters leaving only Laken by himself with his current set-up. Assuming that the AI has only match-3's available (and no TU tiles), which color will he currently prioritize? Or more to my point of asking, would he prioritize blue (because he has a blue ability) or would he prioritize green (because this is his strongest match damage)?

I already dislike the the swap out from tanking green, but I'm even more dismayed if my Laken on defense (usually my only blue user) is now going to actively prioritize his own damage, however minor that might be as a 3rd color.
  • xKOBALTx wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Question for Phantron or anyone else, really: How does the AI prioritize matching? Hypothetical: I'm in a match and have knocked out two characters leaving only Laken by himself with his current set-up. Assuming that the AI has only match-3's available (and no TU tiles), which color will he currently prioritize? Or more to my point of asking, would he prioritize blue (because he has a blue ability) or would he prioritize green (because this is his strongest match damage)?

I already dislike the the swap out from tanking green, but I'm even more dismayed if my Laken on defense (usually my only blue user) is now going to actively prioritize his own damage, however minor that might be as a 3rd color.

The AI will always take a match 4 or a match 5 row/column regardless of the color. I don't have enough experience to say with any certainty if the AI has any preference of colors when more than one such options are available.

Otherwise, the AI prefers a color it has an ability in or TU for a hero (goons don't seem to count). The ability can be passive, so the AI doesn't care if matching black does absolutely nothing if it only has Daken left, because Healing & Heat is technically black. According to devs, the AI, with a certain chance, will randomly pick what it considers as the 'wrong' color, but since its choice of 'right' is very different from what a player may think this is difficult to tell. It's only obvious when you're fighting say Juggernaut + 2 goons and see him pass up red/green match for a yellow instead. But if you run the Jugg + 2 goon nodes a few times in some of the heroics you'll quickly notice there's an extreme preference toward red/green since that's the only colored abilities Jugg gets. All characters are equal in the AI's eyes, so a level 60 loaned hero's colors are just as valuable as the mighty Sentry.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So is this update going to go live anytime soon? We have brand new events right now, so this would be a great time to implement it! You know, start the event with the update rather than wait till the middle or end of it. That'd be great!
  • Nellyson wrote:
    So is this update going to go live anytime soon? We have brand new events right now, so this would be a great time to implement it! You know, start the event with the update rather than wait till the middle or end of it. That'd be great!

Especially with mobile users being shut out of the game until they get back to wifi