Upcoming Patch R60 Discussion

Options

Comments

• IReallyHatePVP
    Options
    Well, it looks like, non-character wise R60 is going to yield many boons in MPQ world.

Character-wise, it seems they went with a one-basket approach, giving us both buffs and NERFs simultaneously. Smooth move, you clever bastards... icon_cool.gif

I reserve judgements until release as usual, but my 1st impressions are:

TattKen - Minor NERF, should still be useable. Also yay no-Black cover decision panning out!

DaKitten - MAJOR NERF - officially loses slot in my shiny new 40-man roster.

Mawkeye - Lots of # shifts, but Blue now stinks, and will probably force me to start him over(current 5/5/2), so I can change to a 5/2/5 build. Also yay for a match-5 passive trigger, and R.I.P.: Mawkeye/Hulk PvP combo team.

MagCheatO - Completely different character; will need to evaluate post-update. Roster Status: Jeopardized

X-Farce - Very massive changes w/ no more stike tile generation abilities. Experimentaion is likely necessary, but the new max Black ability seems the most game-changing. Roster Status: Firm, low Iso-8 priority.

Also, best estimate; R60 hits right after Beast's debut. icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,306 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't know how people can be surprised about the colour change for Daken? They had been correcting the strike-to-powers colours of all the other characters. It was to be expected.

Very happy with the news of persistent T-Us.
  • In my opinion, the current version of lazy daken isn't that overpowered. He has average health, no game-ending abilities. His main use is simply his strike tiles and regen. Granted, it's hard to quantify the power of his strike tiles, which may be a bit overpowered, so if the change is just weakening them, I can live with that. My problem is that with his healing requiring 1 more tile (I assume there's a typo?), he is more likely to self-destruct. Also, his purpose as a tank is now weak since he now tanks the 3 least useful colors in the game, and for some odd reason, he matches blue, which makes no sense because that causes him to self-dustruct.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So how long before Sentry gets nerfed? I'd like to know before I commit a long-term relationship.
    They haven't even admitted he needs it yet, so I think you've got at least six months.
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Come on, it makes no sense to turn Mag's purple blue. Loki also does board shuffling on purple, should he be turned blue too? Make Magneto's strong colour purple instead, there are way too few purple skills as it is.

GSBW and MNMags also control the board with purple, and Deadpool does good damage on purple too.

Plus, it matches his costume better, or is the blue for his pretty blue eyes?

Edit: please keep him at red/blue/purple, or whatever, just keep his purple. The yellow never made sense and should have been switched away like gsbw's strong colours.

Nope! Makes no sense at all and I'll be expecting Loki to turn Blue himself given that the reason given for the change was that somehow, Blue fit better for board-related things.

It does? How?
  • The new XForce is great. Kinda disappointed you needed 6 months for it, but meh. New C.Mags... Oog. Of course, the one cover I maxed out is the one that sucks now...
  • Loving the changes. Better late than never I spose. Curious to try the new Hawkeye Speed Shot. Even moreso, I'm curious who the next set of buffs will be.
  • The new XForce is great. Kinda disappointed you needed 6 months for it, but meh. New C.Mags... Oog. Of course, the one cover I maxed out is the one that sucks now...

What, blue? If you have blue maxed I have no sympathy for you. You're like a Wall Street banker, your pockets can barely hold the amount of HP you got
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    I'm liking all the changes, except for Lazy Daken. I can understand the nerf to his strike tiles and even his healing, but not tanking green makes him an old dog. He was primarily useful for climbing in combination with a powerful green ability. Often playing without the need for health packs until Sentry territory was reached. I think his other nerfs would've been sufficient in curbing his use.

So, who can save us from when the terrible drug "Healthpack" kicks in?
  • Im still waiting for a full correction on his healing ability

Currently at 5 covers he needs 7 blue, it says in the change its 7 blue as well. It looks like there is no change?
    In the announcement thread it says yellow tiles...can we have a correct version of this please?
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Savaged49 wrote:
    Im still waiting for a full correction on his healing ability

Currently at 5 covers he needs 7 blue, it says in the change its 7 blue as well. It looks like there is no change?
    In the announcement thread it says yellow tiles...can we have a correct version of this please?
    This was the corrected thread but it's quite possible that the numbers are still off without realizing it. I was under the impression that the end values for Daken and DADaken were gonna be 1 number apart.
  • As usual I'll learn to live with the changes with minor griping but I'm still waiting on the enemy team to only be able to use one TeamUp per match from the last update. On top of that why is it that the Maggia, Hammer and Brotherhood are able to use TeamUps?
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is Daken going to get an in-depth "Upcoming Changes" thread? I'd like to hear the reasoning behind his ability changes (for both 2* and 3*) - especially 2* Daken's Pheromone Rage now only being able to generate one strike tile at a time, which further diminishes his usability in the 2* pool.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CNash wrote:
    Is Daken going to get an in-depth "Upcoming Changes" thread? I'd like to hear the reasoning behind his ability changes (for both 2* and 3*) - especially 2* Daken's Pheromone Rage now only being able to generate one strike tile at a time, which further diminishes his usability in the 2* pool.
    You know how the reds get used up pretty quickly if you do Daken vs Daken? That's why having one strong strike tile is better than 2 weak ones.
  • There were such easier ways to go about cmags and hawk. Hawk needed to select the location of his countdowns. That's it. Cmags blue shouldve cost 8 or 9 and red cost 5 with proportionately increased damage. What they should do is let everyone have a 1 time true respec for the changed characters. You don't need to get new covers, just move the covers you already have from one ability to another.
  • simonsez wrote:
    CNash wrote:
    You know how the reds get used up pretty quickly if you do Daken vs Daken? That's why having one strong strike tile is better than 2 weak ones.
    Reds getting used up quickly is better for you in mirrors, because you place yours first and AI gets nothing if there are none left.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gobstopper wrote:
    Reds getting used up quickly is better for you in mirrors
    If you want to talk about the case where there's exactly two left, then yeah, obviously you'd have been better off getting 2 vs. none, rather than 1 and 1. But in the larger picture, you never want to match a green and get no strike tile out of it because all the reds are occupied, especially since you're way better at clearing enemy strike tiles than the AI is.
  • gobstopper wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    CNash wrote:
    Reds getting used up quickly is better for you in mirrors, because you place yours first and AI gets nothing if there are none left.

It's usually better but the AI only places theirs after the new tiles drop while you places your before, so occasionally it's possible to have a full board of red where you can't place any on a green match but the AI can from the new tiles dropped. It's still an advantage to be able to place your tiles first the vast majority of the time, of course.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    CNash wrote:

It's usually better but the AI only places theirs after the new tiles drop while you places your before, so occasionally it's possible to have a full board of red where you can't place any on a green match but the AI can from the new tiles dropped. It's still an advantage to be able to place your tiles first the vast majority of the time, of course.
    Actually, there's a weird corner case with the AI's placement. If there were no available basic reds when the match was made, it doesn't get to place on new reds.
  • Please don't change mag to yellow powers. All the best characters in the game have yellow already. We need more purple powers at max level. This is a huge mistake.

Along that same line do not change daken match from green. He needs to take the strike tile generator color. This isnt overpowered its necessary. Otherwise his regen isn't really used.... characters like torch are an interesting pair for daken. But you can't have torch tanking green. It's a big oversight. Daken isn't even a problem character. I don't know why you think he needs a nerf..