Upcoming Patch R60 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:
    So C.Daken keeps 2 Stikes tiles per green match a lvl 5, but DA drops down to 1. Not too bad I guess.

Also, is only DA changing his strong colors?
    No, Classic is changing as well. Updated, thanks!

New color strengths are Black->Purple->Blue
    Aaaaaand there is it, the stealth nerf.

I guess now he's able to tank for...uh...punisher's molotovs? Otherwise, probably even a bigger nerf than the cmags one
  • Spoit wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:
    So C.Daken keeps 2 Stikes tiles per green match a lvl 5, but DA drops down to 1. Not too bad I guess.

I guess now he's able to tank for...uh...punisher's molotovs? Otherwise, probably even a bigger nerf than the cmags one

Still tanks for Rage
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    L Daken going from green tiles to blue just nerfed him hard, that was the main reason to use him. icon_cry.gif
  • Spoit
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:

Still tanks for Rage
    Yeah, but he did that already anyway. See: tanking purple for falcon

Are there even any tertiary blue characters this lets him tank for?
  • Spoit wrote:
    gamar wrote:

Still tanks for Rage
    Yeah, but he did that already anyway. See: tanking purple for falcon

Are there even any tertiary blue characters this lets him tank for?
    CMags!

E: IM, Spidey, and Cap as well... NONE OF WHOM HAVE GREEN POWERS
  • Thanos wrote:
    L Daken going from green tiles to blue just nerfed him hard, that was the main reason to use him. icon_cry.gif

There are plenty of alternatives to use those matched blues, and more importantly, blues can't feed Sentry, so they nerfed the most overpowered combo in the game - this is a good thing.
  • Wow, have the devs finally nerfed the laken/sentry shield hopping combo? And the X-Men outrage begins in 3,2,1..
  • Unknown
    edited August 2014
    Options
    MikeyMan wrote:
    john1620b wrote:
    Isn't Lazy Daken's healing already 7 blue tiles at 5 covers? How exactly is this different?
    Yep. What is up with that?

I *think* there is currently an error on the "old" version of Daken's black. Currently my 5 black covered Daken requires 7 tiles, and an alliance mate has Daken with 4 black currently requiring 8 tiles. The "new" version looks like it does in game currently.
  • Spoit
    Options
    Wow, have the devs finally nerfed the laken/sentry shield hopping combo? And the X-Men outrage begins in 3,2,1..
    Nah. Laken was entirely redundant for that. Real pros used bagman icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Spoit
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    Thanos wrote:

There are plenty of alternatives to use those matched blues, and more importantly, blues can't feed Sentry, so they nerfed the most overpowered combo in the game - this is a good thing.
    None that he actually tanks for, which was the point!
  • Don't really get the Blue tile strength change. Why would Daken want to match a color that will kill him? Runs counter to the primary goal of puzzle quest. Before, CMags and Doom were hard counters to Daken. Now Daken hard counters himself, lol !

Oh well, third string Marvel character that nobody likes - good on you MPQ for putting him in his place.
  • If his strong color is changing to blue his heat damage needs to go back to yellow like DA was originally.

This would also mean chemical reaction has to change which color it replaces to have the same affect of lowering heat affected tiles
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    SUPER excited for this patch.

- TU boost being remembered from battle to battle actually makes me want to use the feature! Love it! Thank you icon_e_biggrin.gif

- LDakens nerf feels unnecessary if you ask me. The character is strong but didn't feel game breaking. Thankfully the nerf doesn't kill this character. I still see myself using Ldaken as much as I did before despite the slight reduction in damage.

- Mags: I'm very surprised that they nerfed his purple so heavily. This skill was potentially devastating but the blue/red gem restriction made it feel fair IMO. I'm also disappointed that he can no longer override tiles any more which makes him less interesting to use...I wish they would have kept his blue as is but balanced it's cost at something like 9AP (Cheaper than Captain America because mags doesn't return AP). His board shake ability seems like a lot of fun, I like that change. This character will require some hands on testing to really understand if it's worthy of *** though. More than anything else I'm glad that this game breaking character is finally getting adjusted.

- Give us a *** lazy Hawkeye in the future please. The ** version is new and exciting but I'll never know first hand since there's no compelling reason to level him once you've reached *** tier play.

- X-Force: He seems like a LOT of fun especially with his healing design. Great call on making the countdown tile useful either way. Time to save up like 200k ISO for this guy!

Note: Please consider making Invisible Woman's powers more aggressively cost so she might be useful. I'd LOVE to use grant invisibility but at 14 yellow it's asking WAY to much.
  • I love xforce now. Hawkeye is very good buff. Cmags and daken are good in that I dont have covers for them, and it shakes up the meta in a good way. No more patchneto!
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    New color breakdown for powers. [Brackets] have strong tiles in this set of colors. Characters with the same numbers cover all colors.
    999/999/999/___/___/___ || ___/___/___/999/999/999 -- Captain America (x2), Iron Man (x2), Magneto (Classic) || [Loki], [Bullseye], [Daken] (x2)
    888/888/___/888/___/___ || ___/___/888/___/888/888 -- Nobody || Nobody
    777/777/___/___/777/___ || ___/___/777/777/___/777 -- Thor (x2), Sentry, Ares, Wolverine (x2) || Black Widow (Original), Daken (Classic), [Doctor Doom]
    666/666/___/___/___/666 || ___/___/666/666/666/___ -- Captain Marvel || Nobody
    555/___/555/555/___/___ || ___/555/___/___/555/555 -- Nick Fury, Spider-Man (x2), Falcon || Punisher, Human Torch (x2), Hulk
    444/___/444/___/444/___ || ___/444/___/444/___/444 -- Invisible Woman, Storm (Classic) || Deadpool, Moonstone
    333/___/333/___/___/333 || ___/333/___/333/333/___ -- Black Panther, The Hood || Black Widow (Grey Suit)
    222/___/___/222/222/___ || ___/222/222/___/___/222 -- Nobody || Psylocke
    111/___/___/111/___/111 || ___/111/111/___/111/___ -- Nobody || She-Hulk
    000/___/___/___/000/000 || ___/000/000/000/___/___ -- Wolverine X-Force, Storm (Mohawk), Storm (Modern) || Magneto MN, Daredevil, Hawkeye (Modern)

That seems to go against something IceIX said about X-Force.
    IceIX wrote:
    **** Wolverine (X-Force) ****
    First of all, we got him out of the tried and true Green/Red/Yellow area of all the damage dealers. Flip the Red to Black, making his color strengths pretty unique. Already, that gives him a niche.

Wolverine X-Force has the same color combo as Storm Mohawk, despite what IceIX says. But I like the changes. His Green would be better as Purple -- there is still a deficit of Purple powers, and no-one has Yellow/Purple/Black. I'm not sure if he still gets to choose where his X-Force tiles go.

Magneto's change to Blue I think is overdone. One benefit of changing two chosen tiles was to get rid of enemy tiles. That's lost to him. If he'd been able to change chosen tiles to shield tiles, without changing their color, that would have brought him in line. His new "Destroy all Team-up" tiles is good, mainly for The Hood. Anything that eliminates a type of tile works great for the Hood, since it increases his steal ability. He'll be dangerous with Falcon and Storm, because they'll mark up every tile on the board. I think he's still playable. He'd be better if they went for making him Yellow/Red/Purple instead, to give him unique colors.

Hawkeye -- I like Hawkeye's changes.

Loki -- Hawkeye's Avoid would work well for Loki. It's already coded up. Give it to Loki. Sure, you might give him something better later one, but this would be great for Loki until then.

Daken -- This is a relative small change, a tweak. He's still immensely playable. The change makes him slightly easier to attack with a blue denial.

Overall, a good change. One immensely valuable item -- typos got fixed promptly. Unfixed typos have derailed past announcements.
  • TL,DR summary: Don't change LDaken. He doesn't need to be fixed.

Full response: While I really like the updates to Mags, Wolvie, and Hawkeye, I am not impressed with the LDaken nerf. Yes, he's a beneficial character who can help a roster out but I've never thought he was over powered. Any power issues associated with him aren't due to him - they were due to characters (specifically Sentry and Mags) who regularly and easily created cascades. Only then did LDaken seem unbalanced. Fixing Mags makes that issue go away almost entirely for that combo. Rather than fixing LDaken, why not fix Sentry, the other character notorious for overly benefitting from LDaken since it is Sentry who is actually the over powered problem character. LDaken is just a useful asset to a team.

Unnecessary nerf. Unfortunately.

The rest of the character modifications, however, are excellent. The change to Mags is, IMHO, fantastic. You've successfully fixed a character who was egregiously over powered while turning him into an awesome character that people will still want to have in their rosters. The ideal goal to a change like this - fix the problem without making people hate the character.

Also, the Wolvie change is awesome. I just wish I had enough covers to be able to benefit from it.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Options
    The change to Daken's primary colors are incredibly disappointing. What's the point of his regen if he doesn't tank any colors worth matching? If anything they should make pheromone rage a green power but I'm sure there is some bullflop ret-conned reason for them not to do that. Dunno, think I just might be done with this game for good.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:

Daken/Punisher/Hulk just became pretty good. Punisher is fully protected.
  • So how long before Sentry gets nerfed? I'd like to know before I commit a long-term relationship.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:

Nooooooooooooo

Daken can't tank for OBW purple/blue icon_cry.gif