Upcoming Patch R60 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As a player with few playable 3* characters, i'm underwhelmed. Still waiting for removal of Team Up feature...
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2014
    Options
    What annoys me about the colour changes to Magneto and Daken is that they penalise people who have planned and built a rainbow team and / or built a team where more durable team members can tank for others.

I am sure some people would use Magneto post nerf (not me yet, not enough covers sadly) if he had a decent purple ability when there are so few others. Why change him to yellow? To make Deadpool more attractive / sell DP covers? It seems unnecessary. Though I appreciate that this is not a nerf to the extent of spiderman, which went far too far and I would like to see revisited.

I built up Lazy Daken because he was one of the few 3*s I was getting covers for that would work with the RGY characters that I was getting covers for. He won't synergise as well with them anymore (Thor / Punisher etc will now take damage after matching green).

If D3 are doing this, can we please have more Black / Blue / Purple characters? Time to build up Doom!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We need a reallocate covers when these changes happen.

I have a 5/4/4 Magneto that now would probably be best as a 3/5/5 so, I need two new covers to max him again :S (at least I won't need to change covers for Daken and XForce sigh). In the case of Magneto I think, as everybody would have 5 in the old blue, maybe the new blue should be the one with the 5 covers, and not the new yellow.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:

I have a 5/4/4 Magneto that now would probably be best as a 3/5/5 so, I need two new covers to max him again :S (at least I won't need to change covers for Daken and XForce sigh). In the case of Magneto I think, as everybody would have 5 in the old blue, maybe the new blue should be the one with the 5 covers, and not the new yellow.
    You can respec as you get new covers. Allowing a total reallocation would require a lot of UI coding for something that's relevant only rarely, and could cause other problems as well, particularly for partially-covered characters: If someone has a 1/1/5 character, they could get an opportunity to re balance the character to something they just haven't had the luck to acquire yet, and it might even change the maximum level, causing them to lose progress as well.

It's just not worth the effort for the devs. Use your slightly less than optimal Magneto and respec him when you get the chance, it's not like having the wrong build for a few weeks will cause you to lose every event ever.
  • A few simple questions about Daken 2*:

- Are 2* Daken blue covers going be added to story mode as rewards instead of some of the black/purple ones?
    - Are 2* Daken blue covers going be added to Shield training rewards instead of some of the black/purple ones?
    - Are 2* Daken blue covers going be added to basic/heroic tokens as soon as R60 patch is released?
    - Is a level shift going to happen to already maxed out 2* Daken?

Thank you in advance
  • anyone know if it is better to start my run with weaker nodes first? while the hardest nodes have alot of points I noticed that as I defeat them, the points from all my other nodes begin to drop. But my thought is that if I get wiped with the hardest node first, there is a high chance I will not have any health packs left to complete even the easier one. So I wonder if I should play down the easier nodes first and if I have health pack or hp left to go after the harder ones. Besides by the time I hit all my weaker nodes first the deadlier ones will have come down from 500 pts to 300 pts making it less attractive based on the risk/reward.
  • Every time you hit a node, the remaining nodes become lower in terms of point value. So I would focus on the essential nodes first, because those are usually worth the most points. After that, I would indeed go for the easy points b/c your risk of losing those missions are much less. Go for the sure thing, so to speak.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Patch notes may motivate me to start playing again, I'll check out X-Force.

I noticed Invisible Woman's name was missing from the list, She already had one set of upgrades but she is still pretty terrible. You may want to scrap her current abilities and create some fresh ones, with this patch I see you guys let your imaginations run wild and I like it, now add Invisible Woman to the tweak list and be as creative as you were with Magneto/X-Force
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    Polares wrote:

You can respec as you get new covers. Allowing a total reallocation would require a lot of UI coding for something that's relevant only rarely, and could cause other problems as well, particularly for partially-covered characters: If someone has a 1/1/5 character, they could get an opportunity to re balance the character to something they just haven't had the luck to acquire yet, and it might even change the maximum level, causing them to lose progress as well.

It's just not worth the effort for the devs. Use your slightly less than optimal Magneto and respec him when you get the chance, it's not like having the wrong build for a few weeks will cause you to lose every event ever.

Well maybe it is time they implement this functionality, because in the last months we have seen quite a lot of balacing (and maybe in the future there will be more). Loki, Ragnarok, Thor 2*, wolvie 2*, IW (minor), Black Panther (minor), Spidey, Hawkeye, XForce, Daken 2*, Daken 3* and Magneto have been balanced (these are the ones I can remeber), and some more need to be balanced a bit. 12 charcaters is not a small number. Maybe you don't care, but If I want to try this new Magneto and see if he is worthwhile I need to have him in my desired configuration, and now I will have to wait until at least Blue covers are being 'given' (I hope they give them in the next PvP and Blue is in the 50-100 range at least).

I know this funcionality needs some work, but I payed real money to have magneto as I wanted him ( I love magneto and early on I decided I wanted to have him in my rooster ), so they should have implemented this functionality from the beginning, when they made the first character balancing.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Cragger wrote:
    Is that really the description? I thought Clint got his schooling in a circus, not a fraternity...

Track Suit Draculas. "Modern" Hawkeye is Matt Fraction's Hawkeye.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "- Countdown tiles placed by Team-Up abilities will no longer be cleared when a character is downed"

Ummm while most ppl are focused on the character changes, i'd just like to comment that Countdown tiles for Team Up abilities SHOULD disappear if one of the characters go down. This applies to normal CD abilities when the character that has the CD ability (eg Mod Hawkeye, MNMag) goes down and should apply to CD Team Up abilities as well. It should be tagged to the opponent character that the player is facing at the point of use/appearance.

When normal opponent Countdown tiles appear, we can deactivate it by either matching it or taking down the opponent character that activated it. Dont see why it should be different for TU CD abilities.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Polares wrote:

I still think they need to build the framework into the game to allow you to collect and keep all 15 covers for a character and then you choose the spec you want in the roster screen. They would get people trying out more stuff thats for sure. I would love to go between specs. It would make the game a lot less bland IMO.
  • bonebreak wrote:
    I still think they need to build the framework into the game to allow you to collect and keep all 15 covers for a character and then you choose the spec you want in the roster screen. They would get people trying out more stuff thats for sure. I would love to go between specs. It would make the game a lot less bland IMO.

This is a very cool idea, that would make the game a little deeper: You could re-spec between matches depending on your opponents' or teammates' abilities... +1!
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bonebreak wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Would give this the thumbs up if I had the rep! Would be fun to try out different builds without being tied in for weeks if it was a bad move
  • IlDuderino wrote:
    bonebreak wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Would give this the thumbs up if I had the rep! Would be fun to try out different builds without being tied in for weeks if it was a bad move

Its what wow basically did years ago to make the game less hardcore. So that only the "haves" dont have access to it. Low and behold the hardcore got probably more use out of it than the casual and everyone rejoiced and they sub numbers kept climbing.
  • Are we getting this this week? With no PVE going on, now seems like the ideal time.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Are we getting this this week? With no PVE going on, now seems like the ideal time.

Patch notes say it will hit before 9/5. So not now, but soon.
  • Kudos for the Patch Preview. I appreciate getting a detailed list of the character changes with a significant amount of time before the update. I ESPECIALLY appreciate the heads up that the update will be mandatory and that players must update before they can play again. Mot many things are worse than being required to update with no notice.

I hope this trend continues. We REALLY like receiving communication (preferably good news).
  • With regards to cMags and Daken, I'm curious as to why the decision was made to align colors to powers for everyone. I know some people got OCD over it, but as was formerly the case with GSBW "protecting" herself with not taking green, the occasional mismatch seemed useful as a tool in the character balance toolbox.
  • I don't have ldaken maxed yet, but never really considered him that big of a threat until sentry came along. You are fixing the wrong part of the issue.