How the Hulk scoring system works ?

Options

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can someone confirm if these new sets of missions are also on a 24 hour timer?
  • Spoit wrote:

Ha ha, anyone will to sacrefice potential points and play these missions?
  • Rubberbanding definitely in effect.

I underestimated the time for completions. Maybe did only half the missions but still have 562 ponts.

People who did twice have ~900 points. If I actually managed my time properly, I would estimate that I would have ~650 points.

So grinding is still better, but you can still do reasonably well utilizing rubberbanding.

I dunno what I'm gonna do Sat+Sun. 5:00 no good for me those days.

Well, I don't get it, because I got the exact same number of points both times for both sub-events.
  • Rubberbanding definitely in effect.

I underestimated the time for completions. Maybe did only half the missions but still have 562 ponts.

People who did twice have ~900 points. If I actually managed my time properly, I would estimate that I would have ~650 points.

So grinding is still better, but you can still do reasonably well utilizing rubberbanding.

I dunno what I'm gonna do Sat+Sun. 5:00 no good for me those days.

I underestimated as well. So, I completed all of Canada a second time, but only got 2 in Nevada. (Top 4 in Canada, woo, waiting on Nevada results.) However, I'm in the 750 point range, and still in the top 300 of the main bracket. So, it's definitely possible to be competitive this event if you are willing to put in the work, even without Punisher likely.
  • Bleh, I thought there was an extra hour left on the events. Left at least 5 points on the board, maybe more can't tell.

Got some tokens, mine sucked. Unfortunately I have bad luck with special tokens.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Well, I don't get it, because I got the exact same number of points both times for both sub-events.
    Ima guess because this is the normative, you are going to be smack dab right in the middle, neither losing or gaining from rubberbanding.

I already have my gameplan figured out, but I'm not sure I wanna say it yet, considering my ranking is terrible atm icon_neutral.gif
  • Question for you guys, do you have to complete the entire mission for them to restart??

I finished them all besides the punishers and they didn't restart at all....just curious.
  • I don't have punnisher. Grinded all of the available missions in Nevada and Canada until they yielded no more, twice. Finished in top 400 in both sub events. Got 2 Hulk Tokens. Both were useless but that's not the point. Was in top 1000. So yeah its possible to be competitive without punnisher, assuming the rest of the sub-events have similar setups and there is no end of the event shananigans like with the hunt.
  • Question for you guys, do you have to complete the entire mission for them to restart??

I finished them all besides the punishers and they didn't restart at all....just curious.

You do not have to finish them all for them to restart. I left 1 mission unfinished last night, and all my missions (Including that one I left not completely finished) reset. Uncertain if the reset point is based on the first time you play a mission for points, or the last.
  • the moose wrote:
    I don't have punnisher. Grinded all of the available missions in Nevada and Canada until they yielded no more, twice. Finished in top 400 in both sub events. Got 2 Hulk Tokens. Both were useless but that's not the point. Was in top 1000. So yeah its possible to be competitive without punnisher, assuming the rest of the sub-events have similar setups and there is no end of the event shananigans like with the hunt.

WOW, did the same thing, grinded all missions without punisher and ended up 637 and 712......perhaps I shouldn't have started when it came out.
    Kyosokun wrote:
    Question for you guys, do you have to complete the entire mission for them to restart??

You do not have to finish them all for them to restart. I left 1 mission unfinished last night, and all my missions (Including that one I left not completely finished) reset. Uncertain if the reset point is based on the first time you play a mission for points, or the last.

Weird, I wonder why mine didn't restart. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Spoit wrote:

Confirmed for both. Both 24 hour. Both have 4 missions. No sign of a 5th mission with a required character yet.
  • Totally confused by the system... icon_e_confused.gif

At 3 minutes left I was 1st & 4th in Nevada & Canada respectively. In Canada all the top (at least the 10 I could see) were tied.
    Got top 20 in both at the end...
    Have no idea how they resolved all those tied scores...
  • MrMeer wrote:
    Totally confused by the system... icon_e_confused.gif

At 3 minutes left I was 1st & 4th in Nevada & Canada respectively. In Canada all the top (at least the 10 I could see) were tied.
    Got top 20 in both at the end...
    Have no idea how they resolved all those tied scores...

Last in gets the win. Stupid, but that's how they seem to do it.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Last in gets the win. Stupid, but that's how they seem to do it.

It appears then, that it all comes down to (at most) the last 3 minutes (because like I say at 3 min left, everyone in at least the top 10 was tied).
    3 minutes... Pretty small window...
  • So..should I ... Just keep playing? Or wait for rubberbanding? Pulled a blue spidey and a blue cap (needed both 1/3/4 spidey and 3/5/4 cap) so I am happy with the sub rewards I got, but I imagine it Wont be as kind (top 20s) if more ppl start having rubberbanding on thier side.
  • So..should I ... Just keep playing? Or wait for rubberbanding? Pulled a blue spidey and a blue cap (needed both 1/3/4 spidey and 3/5/4 cap) so I am happy with the sub rewards I got, but I imagine it Wont be as kind (top 20s) if more ppl start having rubberbanding on thier side.
    Grinding is slightly better, but more work. Rubberbanding is good enough. All depends on how much/when you can play.
    Grinding is slightly better, but more work. Rubberbanding is good enough. All depends on how much/when you can play.

What grinding? You can only do each one three times?
  • Hmm just finished first "cycle" in Greenland :
    - First mission - 5/4/3/2/1/0... pts
    - Secound mission - 6/5/4/2/1/0... pts
    - Third mission - 7/6/4/3/1/0... pts
    - Fourth mission - 8/6/5/3/2/0... pts

Whole cycle = 78pts for me, and i see people with 120+ pts.

Im start wondering that if the switch timer in device for +12h, and then do the mission again, will they have a chance for third cycle during Greenland event ?
  • If those people were way behind in the main bracket, they likely got more points in the sub-bracket. I didn't maximize points in the first sub-brackets, so I expect to get more in these.

Seems the best strategy (if there is one), is to immediately do the first mission in each sub-bracket, to actually join in. Then wait until there's about 13 hrs left, do all the missions for max points, then repeat 12hrs later just before the sub-bracket ends?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fatcatfan wrote:
    If those people were way behind in the main bracket, they likely got more points in the sub-bracket. I didn't maximize points in the first sub-brackets, so I expect to get more in these.

Seems the best strategy (if there is one), is to immediately do the first mission in each sub-bracket, to actually join in. Then wait until there's about 13 hrs left, do all the missions for max points, then repeat 12hrs later just before the sub-bracket ends?
    I thought the consensus was that the main ones rubber banded, not the subs