How the Hulk scoring system works ?

Options

Comments

• Spoit wrote:
    fatcatfan wrote:
    If those people were way behind in the main bracket, they likely got more points in the sub-bracket. I didn't maximize points in the first sub-brackets, so I expect to get more in these.

Seems the best strategy (if there is one), is to immediately do the first mission in each sub-bracket, to actually join in. Then wait until there's about 13 hrs left, do all the missions for max points, then repeat 12hrs later just before the sub-bracket ends?
    I thought the consensus was that the main ones rubber banded, not the subs

One of the early starters, its starting to seem like the subs don't rubberband and have fixed amount of points total in that 12ish hours period.

I mean for what I think the second event before the change, I could only get 230 each time
  • Spoit wrote:

Some of it spills into the sub events somehow, which would explain how some people have more than the maximum pts possible ( >116x2 and 230x2)in sub events
  • Siimson wrote:
    Hmm just finished first "cycle" in Greenland :
    - First mission - 5/4/3/2/1/0... pts
    - Secound mission - 6/5/4/2/1/0... pts
    - Third mission - 7/6/4/3/1/0... pts
    - Fourth mission - 8/6/5/3/2/0... pts

Whole cycle = 78pts for me, and i see people with 120+ pts.

Im start wondering that if the switch timer in device for +12h, and then do the mission again, will they have a chance for third cycle during Greenland event ?

Same here, 78 points. 69 people have 79+ points, with some over 130. And why did the first missions have three stacks and these have 5? There's no rhyme or reason.
  • I got 79 from Greenland. No idea how the top guy is at 165, but as long as I get a Powered Up token I'm not too bothered.
  • 5 stacks for bearly any point is too grindy for me. Guess I'll just do each mission once and see what happens.
  • Spoit wrote:
    fatcatfan wrote:
    If those people were way behind in the main bracket, they likely got more points in the sub-bracket. I didn't maximize points in the first sub-brackets, so I expect to get more in these.

Seems the best strategy (if there is one), is to immediately do the first mission in each sub-bracket, to actually join in. Then wait until there's about 13 hrs left, do all the missions for max points, then repeat 12hrs later just before the sub-bracket ends?

That does seem to be the case now that I'm looking at it more closely. I haven't read the whole thread.

EDIT: And the best strategy would then be pretty much the exact opposite of what I said? Don't do the main missions until there's about 13 hours left on the subs, to maximize rubberbanding on those but still get two rounds of point in on the subs. That all assumes the 12hr reload holds for the subs. Or is the rubberbanding so much so that you should only do the main missions to unlock the subs at the last possible moment to still have time to get in one round of points?
  • I give up. I don't know what's going on. I did well enough in the first sub-missions, finishing top 10 in both. I'm fine in the main mission too.

But right now I've completed all of Greenland and have 78 points. I'm #276. #1 has 196 points.

Romania is looking much the same. I haven't zeroed out the missions yet, but I'm at 83 points and #1 has 264 points.

All I can guess is that there is rubber banding and these are people who didn't get points in the first two subs.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    I give up. I don't know what's going on. I did well enough in the first sub-missions, finishing top 10 in both. I'm fine in the main mission too.

But right now I've completed all of Greenland and have 78 points. I'm #276. #1 has 196 points.

Romania is looking much the same. I haven't zeroed out the missions yet, but I'm at 83 points and #1 has 264 points.

All I can guess is that there is rubber banding and these are people who didn't get points in the first two subs.

Exactly. It's quite ludicrous.
  • ive stopped trying to figure out how everything works...it was taking the fun out of the game. when i feel like playing, i play. when i want to take a nap, i nap...and dont worry how many hours are left until greenland resets. i hope to get a hulk out of he deal, but if i dont, at least i wont go crazy in the process. easy...marc
  • Yeah, I'd concur with the sentiments above.

There is pretty clearly rubberbanding going on, as the scores have really diverged.

I managed top 20 in the first two sub missions and now there's no way I'm getting near that. It's not worth burning boosts, health and time to scrounge for a couple of points at a time.

I figure I'll still check in and move the stacks downward, but I don't think I'll worry much about zeroing them out.

A couple of saving graces...there's tons of ISO to be had and the landing zone for the top prizes in the big contest have a huge range. I think the fact that everyone's in the same bracket is going to add a substantial cushion to those top couple of brackets.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, at least the top cover is the red, which is arguably the worst one
  • Like the story the first time through. Don't dig doing each mission 5 times for almost no points and for whatever reason being behind others who played the exact same missions as me. Would rather just have one round to play. Perhaps the points for a match should reflect how well you do in the match. For example if you win fast or if you take little damage you get bonus points. At least then it is skill based. As it is the game is starting to not be fun. If we are going to have to do this twice a day every day for hulk I may just pass on him. Who am I kidding - I probably can't resist. I need therapy...
  • Looks like rubberbanding is tied to the sub missions. In Nevada I had gotten 4th, and now in the analogous i'm at 486 or so. But in the other mission set(Canada? I forget) I had gotten top 100 and I'm now at 27 or so in the new one. But my main bracket rating is staying somewhat similiar.
    If we had someone that had gotten massive points the second time around in a sub we could confirm this, but it doesn't seem that we do.

So I dunno, seems ok, but hopefully it doesn't blow up at the end.
  • How the Hulk scoring system works ?

Who cares ? icon_e_smile.gif

I stoped thinking about it after first day. But it is more rewarding then Hunt. More people will get cover of Hulk. Goal is to win one to have it in case of missions where he will be mandatory. More cover of him will be bonus.
  • Kikujiro
    Kikujiro Posts: 157
    Options
    Hi you all. Long time reader (one month, long enough xD), first time poster.

After the first rounds ended I was sitting near 30th in the main event, near miss top 4 in Nevada and near miss the top 20 in Canada. Like many of you, my Greenland cycle worth 78.

Now, with my main ranking being 152, the Greenland and Romania missions are starting to refill before 12 hours like the first day, why ? Because imo there is rubberbanding but implemented in a new way, so if you are low in the global bracket your submissions regen faster than the people who are in top places.

Somehow this alleviates the differences between The Punisher owners and the rest, I suppose.
  • Spoit
    Options
    Kikujiro wrote:
    Hi you all. Long time reader (one month, long enough xD), first time poster.

After the first rounds ended I was sitting near 30th in the main event, near miss top 4 in Nevada and near miss the top 20 in Canada. Like many of you, my Greenland cycle worth 78.

Now, with my main ranking being 152, the Greenland and Romania missions are starting to refill before 12 hours like the first day, why ? Because imo there is rubberbanding but implemented in a new way, so if you are low in the global bracket your submissions regen faster than the people who are in top places.

Somehow this alleviates the differences between The Punisher owners and the rest, I suppose.
    I'd love to see confirmation of that. It seems like a good compromise for grinders
  • I just checked Greenland, 12 hours have not passed yet (based on remaining event time). I'm rank 404 in main bracket and 653 in Greenland. All four of my missions are awarding points again.
  • I'm really feeling going the "play when I feel like it" approach to this one. After you get the 500 ISO and token they aren't worth repeating ...especially if there will be rubberbanding. I know ppl are irritated by how the last day worked with the hunt, but I enjoyed it. This one...I don't know maybe its that I havent seen anything with a good prize yet? Or that there are fewer missions per a day? Or that the general missions difficulty is much higher? Cans till win but it goes from decent length to a chore. I don't know..not liking it as much so far.

Also, either A. Something drastic will change by the end of the event or B. There is mo conceivable way to reach the higher up rewards. 50k for a punisher at this pace (1-1.4k by the end of day 2) isn't going to cut it. Was the value suppose to be 5k and someone goofed? If not...*sad face*

If what kik says is true that would both make a lot of sense and be far more fair than just giving ppl tons of extra points for less worth than the top ranked.
  • Spoit
    Options
    Make sure to let us know if they get a third replenishment before it ends (or a partial one, if it's stacks like red ISO 2.0). You depleted it soon after it started right? As well as doing both depletions day one?
  • I can confirm rubber banding. Yesterday did 3 stacks of Greenland for the typical single digit rewards so I gave up and did just 1 stack of Romania. This morning both subs are worth more than double what they were yesterday.