How the Hulk scoring system works ?

Comments

• greggray24 wrote:
    My missions have reset but it has not been a full 12hrs yet. Does that mean that they will go up further? Nevada is only like 2-3pts a mission so that does not look right - or is it?

Remember red iso part deux? Sounds like your stacks have begun to refill, but not finished.
  • greggray24 wrote:
    My missions have reset but it has not been a full 12hrs since I finished yet. Does that mean that they will go up further? Nevada is only like 2-3pts a mission so that does not look right - or is it?

Yeah they seem to hit max at something like 12 Pts for the Hulk mission in Nevada and 34ish pts for the hulk mission in Canada (I'm talking about the non-punisher ones). If anyone could confirm that would be appreciated
  • Misguided wrote:
    greggray24 wrote:
    My missions have reset but it has not been a full 12hrs yet. Does that mean that they will go up further? Nevada is only like 2-3pts a mission so that does not look right - or is it?

Remember red iso part deux? Sounds like your stacks have begun to refill, but not finished.

Got it ( i think). I am going to have about 2hrs to do all the missions a second time then. Of course at the end of the work day.... sigh.
  • Hey, at least it is only 3 stacks per mission. Won't take too long.
  • You would think they would put the rules in the event rules...but it's just the same noise as the constant popups.

Exactly.
  • At this point, I'm about ready to chalk it up like this:

* Progression rewards in the main event == whatever I get
    * Any awards from sub-events == completing all missions equates to a lottery ticket. Spin the wheel and hope for Hero Points.

It's easier than trying to identify the underlying logic so far.
  • I do notice that if you are good in one mission, the other mission you are in will be slightly lower regardless whether you finish your mission.
    I notice that overall mission I completed, here's my 1st day result

(Main level) - #48
    Nevada - #36
    Canada - #9

but I do notice some guy might have know how to game the system, he's currently top 5 in the main event while sitting top 3 in Canada.

I guess it's the reset time / recharge time that's playing the part. Will have to see it again.

And I notice that some mission can play more than 5 times, yet i still didn't manage to get high ranking. strange though...
  • I'm treating this exactly as The Hunt. I don't care. I won't waste time grinding away hoping for points to show up. I'll just finish all doable missions for all the prizes available as I do neither own Invisible Bagman nor Punisher. And I can't wrap my head around this weird rating system so I don't see any possibility to game it.
  • cepage wrote:
    JohnduBois wrote:
    I am guessing that gaps will widen as the event goes on. Usually everyone looks pretty close until the last day or two of the event in a longer event like this.

When I checked a little while ago, you were number one in the overall event. Did your repeatables instantly snap back to full value, or did they replenish over a time period?
    No idea. It was while I was sleeping.
  • sparksue wrote:
    I do notice that if you are good in one mission, the other mission you are in will be slightly lower regardless whether you finish your mission.
    I notice that overall mission I completed, here's my 1st day result

(Main level) - #48
    Nevada - #36
    Canada - #9

but I do notice some guy might have know how to game the system, he's currently top 5 in the main event while sitting top 3 in Canada.

I guess it's the reset time / recharge time that's playing the part. Will have to see it again.

And I notice that some mission can play more than 5 times, yet i still didn't manage to get high ranking. strange though...
    For a little while I was the top place in the main bracket and both my sub-brackets with zero system gaming. I started (rather early since I saw that everyone was in the same main bracket), played all missions to point exhaustion, then went to sleep. I woke up (6 EDT) and played the missions until I had all repeatable rewards. Additionally, I haven't played at all in the last five hours and I'm *still* top 30 in both sub-brackets and top 60 in the main event, something that I don't think would have been possible in most previous PvE events.

The gaming of the system comes later - I still had a couple seven-point missions that I'm playing with about ten minutes left in the sub-mission icon_e_wink.gif
  • Misguided wrote:
    So, this just happened. Guy in my Nevada bracket with 238 points.

There's one in mine with 239.

But he's only #2.

There's one with 264. Wut?
  • Why can't they explain how the challenge work? It so annoying. I can't get anymore ISO but I keep dropping in rank. icon_e_sad.gif
  • I'm more wondering how the one guy in the main bracket got to 972 when the next few people are all tied at 850...
  • Have cleared both subs twice, with no Punisher missions, and I'm sitting in the 3 Hulk tier around 1000. This event is very doable. I like the grind-lite approach of every 12 hrs. Hope to score a Punisher to open up the other missions, but with a little elbow (thumb?) grease, you can nab yourself a Hulk with a mid-tier team. Boosted Wolvie can carry most teams - strike tiles are beastly now.
  • Purty_Hawkeye
    Purty_Hawkeye Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    JohnduBois wrote:
    I'm more wondering how the one guy in the main bracket got to 972 when the next few people are all tied at 850...

The guy at 972 posted here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1487

He claims he isn't doing clock games to get access to future missions so I am just guessing he was right place right time for one of the scoring glitches that is not uncommon.
  • I'm thinking instead of them doing all this complicated math and score structuring they should just do this:
    When you enter the sub event ur given a token. At the end of the sub event you open it and your randomly given a rank 1-?

That seems to me as bout as far as this system gets us and we would at least know whatever efforts are out forth are all just for fun and don't actually get us anywhere icon_e_smile.gif trying to understand this non-sense will just hurt your brain for no reason.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm mor confused about how people have 35 more points than was possible for everyone else in the sub brackets
  • Spoit wrote:
    I'm mor confused about how people have 35 more points than was possible for everyone else in the sub brackets

Refer to above post for instructions on trying to figure out scoring mechanics. Lmao
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Rubberbanding definitely in effect.

I underestimated the time for completions. Maybe did only half the missions but still have 562 ponts.

People who did twice have ~900 points. If I actually managed my time properly, I would estimate that I would have ~650 points.

So grinding is still better, but you can still do reasonably well utilizing rubberbanding.

I dunno what I'm gonna do Sat+Sun. 5:00 no good for me those days.
  • Right before the Canada/nevada events ended I was at 885 in the main bracket - Name ingame is Nephilim-Rayne. As to how i got there, heck if I have a clue. I just did all the missions like everyone else did. Ironically, I ended up top 4 in both the sub brackets, yet I had people 20-30 points higher than me in those brackets. I'm not going to even begin to fathom the scoring system at this point.