How the Hulk scoring system works ?

Options

Comments

• Canada is so high level.... got a bit of grinding in my future before i can catch up icon_e_smile.gif

So for Nevada, looks like i'll be delaying my last game until just before it ends to hopefully get ahead in the tiebreakers.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Do rewards reset or just points

It's stack replenishment like we had in the second iso event, not complete mission reset (so points only).
  • [quote="DumDumDugn"Do rewards reset or just points[/quote]

Its just the points from what I've seen mate! Usual 4 rewards then on to the grind Lol.

I started from the start and was level points with everyone this morning, got the odd replay every few hours and now find myself about 100 points off the top! Lol where are people finding these bonus points?
  • HulkSmash wrote:
    [quote="DumDumDugn"Do rewards reset or just points

Its just the points from what I've seen mate! Usual 4 rewards then on to the grind Lol.

I started from the start and was level points with everyone this morning, got the odd replay every few hours and now find myself about 100 points off the top! Lol where are people finding these bonus points?[/quote]
    they are cheating by fast forwarding their clocks on the mobile phone or pc so they get the points to appear earlier. :/
  • dmendro wrote:
    The problem with having to figure this out for yourelves is by the time we figured it out, those of us expecting rubber banding were screwed because we waited until this morning to do the missions.

It was clear >12 hours ago that there wasn't rubber banding, at least on these first sub events. Everyone was getting the exact same points from them.

There does seem to be some rubber banding in the main event, but so far it's pretty minimal.

Here's my bet -- it's going to continue to be exactly this way. Sub events will have a specific maximum number of points you can get. The main event will be rubber banded. Miss out on points in a sub event? No big deal -- you'll rubber band back up to near parity from doing main event missions as they pop up.

The question, however, is how often they'll create new missions in the main event. That could influence things greatly.

And, again, the best strategy for sanity is just enjoy the ISO, tokens, and other mission rewards and if you get a Hulk cover from the end then hooray. Bonus.
  • There IS rubber banding in the sub events, just like there is in the main event. It's exactly like the hunt was. And it's not minimal, what's minimal is the gap of point between high and low people.
  • Exactly, no one knows what the frack is going on because half the people are syaing no rubberbanding, half are saying rubber banding, and no wyou are saying rubber bandin gin main mission only.

How the heck can you know if there is rubber banding in the main mission when theres only 3 missions currently and they are not repeatable yet?
  • So, this just happened. Guy in my Nevada bracket with 238 points.
  • Because not everyone had the same amount of points. If they did, there could be rubberbanding or not. Since they didn't, then it means there was rubberbanding. Last night, you could complete the overworld mission once each and the submissions 3 times each. If there wasn't rubberbanding, then doing this would have been a set number of points, but it wasn't.

BTW, rubberbanding is to close the gap between different ranks. What we are seeing is slingshotting. People with fewer points are being awarded more points for the same activities and are ultimately ending up at a better rank because they were farther behind. Think Mario Kart.
  • Damn, can't exactly remember when I started my sub events... The time shown for them isn't the point reset, is it? Guess it is the closing time of the sub events...
  • Kavel
    Kavel Posts: 85
    Options
    I also believe the reset clock runs from the first time you complete a stage, not when you "exhaust" it.
  • You would think they would put the rules in the event rules...but it's just the same noise as the constant popups.
  • Kavel wrote:
    I also believe the reset clock runs from the first time you complete a stage, not when you "exhaust" it.

Or it could be the same for your bracket. I don't know.
  • Blue Shoes wrote:
    BTW, rubberbanding is to close the gap between different ranks. What we are seeing is slingshotting. People with fewer points are being awarded more points for the same activities and are ultimately ending up at a better rank because they were farther behind. Think Mario Kart.

And this is the problem with the 'rubberbanding' as implemented. People who do the events later should not be able to end up ahead on points putting the same amount of effort in to people who do an event diligently at event start.
  • CFacto
    CFacto Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    I understood the last event's scoring system, just. I am completely lost with the current one. I waited a while and have now exhausted the events but am 18th in the table. One guy in first place has about 15 points more than anyone else. lolwtfbbq

Or has he used this clock cheat thing? icon_e_confused.gif
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    It looks like rubber banding is not a thing. I exhausted all points, and am tied with a number of people atop both my sub-mission brackets as well as a few in the main event. I don't think rubber banding would generate that many ties.

Now to see how recharging works...

People ahead of you simply started after you when the leaders had more points. This event works exactly like the last event.
  • CFacto wrote:
    Or has he used this clock cheat thing? icon_e_confused.gif

I hope if this is happening there is some banning going on.
  • CFacto
    CFacto Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    Microtom wrote:
    JohnduBois wrote:
    It looks like rubber banding is not a thing. I exhausted all points, and am tied with a number of people atop both my sub-mission brackets as well as a few in the main event. I don't think rubber banding would generate that many ties.

Now to see how recharging works...

People ahead of you simply started after you when the leaders had more points. This event works exactly like the last event.

Nope, they simply didn't. I started with 0 points, and didn't get as many points as them despite exhausting all of the missions. To pre-empt another possible explanation, I have a Punisher so I was able to complete all of the missions.
  • Misguided wrote:
    So, this just happened. Guy in my Nevada bracket with 238 points.
    I have one guy with 249 and another with 235 points. I'm sitting on 230 points, gonna try to take 3rd or 4th spot at the last minute.
  • My missions have reset but it has not been a full 12hrs since I finished yet. Does that mean that they will go up further? Nevada is only like 2-3pts a mission so that does not look right - or is it?