How the Hulk scoring system works ?

Options

Comments

• ZzzWolph wrote:
    Confirming its 12 hrs

Wait... Is this 12 hours from when you first start playing a level?
    I started late, and mine haven't reset yet...

If this is the case, then it would seem to be advantageous to be an early-bird and hit the missions as soon as they're available, no?
  • MrMeer wrote:
    ZzzWolph wrote:
    Confirming its 12 hrs

Wait... Is this 12 hours from when you first start playing a level?
    I started late, and mine haven't reset yet...

If this is the case, then it would seem to be advantageous to be an early-bird and hit the missions as soon as they're available, no?

Yes, in the first run. Because the sub events run 24 hours you can do two runs. you should do the first as soon as possible and the second as late as possible to be on the safe side ^^
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since rubberbanding doesn't seem to be occurring in the sub events, it seems like the thing to do is to hold off on the main event missions, but not so much that you miss any sub events. That probably means doing them about 11 hours after they appear and blowing through the sub events immediately to get a refresh on them. Early birds won't get a chance to compete until new main events show up.

In the end, like other rubberbanding events, it'll be part crapshoot, part grinding, and part irritatingly cautious timing that wins the top ranks, not any measure of skill.

But hey, big ISO event rewards are back!
  • I have a feeling the race for top 300 will be extremely close.
  • I am guessing that gaps will widen as the event goes on. Usually everyone looks pretty close until the last day or two of the event in a longer event like this.
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    I am guessing that gaps will widen as the event goes on. Usually everyone looks pretty close until the last day or two of the event in a longer event like this.

When I checked a little while ago, you were number one in the overall event. Did your repeatables instantly snap back to full value, or did they replenish over a time period?
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I just wish the developers would give us information about point resetting in advance. Previously points started refreshing after 2 hours or so; now people say it takes 12 hours. It would have been great to know this from the start. Now I started probably too late to get a refresh, because the subevents end before a possible reset. icon_e_sad.gif And without punisher cover this is extra annoying.

But maybe the Punisher won't be needed in all subevents and I can make up for the lost points... We'll see icon_e_smile.gif
  • Given that rubberbanding appears to be minimal this time around (and tied only to the non-repeatable main events?), I'm feeling much more comfortable with the scoring in this one so far.

Haven't even gotten my refreshes for the first round because I started late and I'm still in the 2 Hulk cover tier. This is without having a Punisher in my roster, mind you. I could see where the Hunt caused some frustration for a few, but this event appears to be much more transparent, predictable, and fair overall. Don't have much (read: any) empathy for the early whining this time.

Edit: Prediction - IW shows up in another sub as a required character, making those who were tanking to avoid her for 2nd (that didn't already have her) the last week or so regret their strategy. If new subs pop up with her as a required, it'll be funny to watch everyone's No Holds Barred brackets go crazy in the last 2 hours.
  • Looks like the missions reset separately for each mission and not for the entire event.

I already screwed myself for not starting Nevada and only doing Hulk mission in Canada in the first 12 hours. icon_e_sad.gif At least I have Punisher so it might not be so bad but goodbye top 300.
  • So, it appears the values on the sub events are unchanged from the first run-through. Anyone seeing higher numbers?
  • The more D3 does these events, the more it seems they have no clue on how to interact with their customers for these types of things. If your customers don't understand how the scoring works going into an event, all it will lead to is pissed off customers.

I'll be not grinding away this event. Hulk looks cool, but not cool enough for me to kill myself the next 8 days to be part of this nonsense.
  • Anybody know if its 12 hr from when u started or finished a mission? Do missions reset separately or together?
  • dmendro wrote:
    The more D3 does these events, the more it seems they have no clue on how to interact with their customers for these types of things. If your customers don't understand how the scoring works going into an event, all it will lead to is pissed off customers.

I'll be not grinding away this event. Hulk looks cool, but not cool enough for me to kill myself the next 8 days to be part of this nonsense.

While i agree it is annoying to have to figure it all out ourselves, doing a few missions every 12 hours is a whole lot better than every two.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Anybody know if its 12 hr from when u started or finished a mission? Do missions reset separately or together?

From when you finished and separately.

I know this because I zeroed out 'The Punisher' mission first in Nevada and it was the first one to refresh. Meanwhile several of the others were still zero point.

And it appears to be from the point in time you zeroed it out, not from when you last played it. I replayed one of the missions a few hours later to get the 500 ISO reward and it's already reset.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    I replayed one of the missions a few hours later to get the 500 ISO reward and it's already reset.

Noticed the same thing.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    I replayed one of the missions a few hours later to get the 500 ISO reward and it's already reset.

That's good to know, thank you.
  • Misguided wrote:
    dmendro wrote:
    The more D3 does these events, the more it seems they have no clue on how to interact with their customers for these types of things. If your customers don't understand how the scoring works going into an event, all it will lead to is pissed off customers.

While i agree it is annoying to have to figure it all out ourselves, doing a few missions every 12 hours is a whole lot better than every two.
    The problem with having to figure this out for yourelves is by the time we figured it out, those of us expecting rubber banding were screwed because we waited until this morning to do the missions.
  • As interesting as it is to play "guess the rules this time" it kind of sucks if you did not start in the first 12hrs. I got lucky and finished out my missions last night (was up late to do it) but could have easily waited until today to do it. Not sure how big a deal a missed round is but it can't be good. Also, what is the deal with some people getting a few more points on the missions? I'm sure we will figure it out together in the forums but really don't think there should be this kind of game within the game going on. Will just lead to upset people.

All that said, I am loving the story and generous rewards for doing the missions. Very nice!!
  • greggray24 wrote:
    As interesting as it is to play "guess the rules this time" it kind of sucks if you did not start in the first 12hrs.

No, I agree. Hopefully it won't be a big factor in the final scoring.
  • Do rewards reset or just points