How the Hulk scoring system works ?

Options

Comments

• DayvBang wrote:
    Some people have 504, but I maxed at 499. Losing already, w00t!

Three points ahead of me. And I have 116 in Nevada and 230 in Canada, so no missed missions.
  • Seems to me that rubber banding as previously explained can't be in effect since it was based on how well other people in different brackets were doing. Currently there's just one big bracket so there is no one else in your current position to rubber band off of.

As for the sub events, since it appears that everyone has the same maximum potential points, no rubber banding there either.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Misguided wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

Three points ahead of me. And I have 116 in Nevada and 230 in Canada, so no missed missions.
    Same sub-event scores as me. Which means the non-repeatable main event scores are what varied. Very strange.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Options
    casuist wrote:
    Seems to me that rubber banding as previously explained can't be in effect since it was based on how well other people in different brackets were doing. Currently there's just one big bracket so there is no one else in your current position to rubber band off of.

As for the sub events, since it appears that everyone has the same maximum potential points, no rubber banding there either.

It may be tweaking the points in the main event based on how far back you are in the bracket when you do them. That would imply that this could be a mix of the hunt and iso events where we get new missions on the main map, but I'm just guessing. Or maybe the main mission is programmed to increase in value over time to compensate for people that start later?
  • Was in 1st place in Nevada and Canada....now I'm 24th and 45th with the same amount of points as the current 1st ranks...?!?! What the heck???? Can't gather any more points or rewards drops either.
  • someone got 555 now
  • So I am tied for #1 points in both sub events but I'm only at 496 on main bracket.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    I started in the first hour and only maxed at 496.
  • 496 here also
  • Boo I don't have a punisher or a astonishing wolverine...
  • Boo I don't have a punisher or a astonishing wolverine...

You can get wolverine in the prologue missions. Don't know exactly which one
  • Mommson wrote:
    Boo I don't have a punisher or a astonishing wolverine...

You can get wolverine in the prologue missions. Don't know exactly which one

I believe it's the last Daken/Yelena/Venom mission in the Dark Avengers chapter. One of each cover in the rewards.
  • I now have someone with 117 points in my sub bracket.
  • Score display and score reward after match still seems kinda buggy as well. Did my final mission in the second subset, and it rewarded me 33 points and brought my total to 246, but saying on leaderboard and subset total that I am only at 230.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looks like we have to start the new missions as late as possible. Looks like rubberbanding takes place if theres more than 500 points between u and the lead. also it is advantage to start late to win the ties
  • The more you like the game, and want to play it, the more you are punished. Perfect logic. icon_rolleyes.gif

So basically, as far as we know, the scoring is 20% level/skill check and 80% being the latest to play.

It wouldn't be so terrible if ties counted for the highest rank for everyone, but I wouldn't count on it. If anything, devs should scramble backward rank for ties, and make that afterwards that first scorer gets the rank, and followers get behind. STILL not the fairest option, but surely better than this nonsense that punishes effort and prizes laziness.

Enough rant for a first post I think. Hi all btw. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Points are coming back after 12 hours it seems. My points slowly refill in the missions
  • Yeh probably the same with every one not overly sure how exactly this is going to work but hey ho.
  • Confirming its 12 hrs
  • i cant do this for 8 days. just going to sit this one out and play when I have the inclination icon_razz.gif

3 hulk cards are not enough payoff for me to grind through freakin christmas.