How the Hulk scoring system works ?

Options

Comments

• I think that, like the Hunt, I'm just going to keep an eye on the big prize and let the sub-mission tokens fall where they will. I can either lament that I'm going to miss one Powered Up token, or remember that 250 people with lower scores than me are in position to get three Hulk covers and an X-Force Wolverine cover.
  • It's been a bit more than 12 hours since I did them, and Greenland missions are currently worth 10, 12, 14, 16 points from top to bottom.

Romania missions I never completely farmed, but it's also been more than 12 hours. 16, 20, 31, 35 points for those right now.
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    It's been a bit more than 12 hours since I did them, and Greenland missions are currently worth 10, 12, 14, 16 points from top to bottom.

Romania missions I never completely farmed, but it's also been more than 12 hours. 16, 20, 31, 35 points for those right now.

What are your bracket placements and main total?

I'm wondering if this is basically just the Hunt and I'm just destined to get rubberbanded out.
  • Right now, main bracket 758 points, 5559th place.

Greenland 133 points, 651st place. 1st place has 332 points.

Romanian 88 points, 1099th place. 1st place has 468 points.

Maybe the rubberbanding isn't as exaggerated this time because there's only one main bracket with everyone in it? With The Hunt, multiple main brackets were also compared to each other to determine point values.
  • I joined the game during the hunt, so i don't know if maybe it usually is like this as i haven't seen it discussed, but isn't it weird than after 2 days the person with the most points has only around 1500 points when the max progression prize is 50000?

Is it an scaling mistake? or did the other pve long events also start slow?
  • The Hunt was the first to last that long, I think. Also the first wit progression rewards at such high point values. It does seem that unless rubberbanding goes crazy or the event changes significantly after "unlocking" Hulk, those top progress rewards will be unattainable this time.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is a lot like playing football and finding out after the play whether or not you got a first down.
  • This is why is started a post before the event even started asking the devas to please tell us how scoring is done.Asking us to play it blind like this is like asking someone to play the lottery but not telling him how many numbers he needs to pick.Whether you need to choose 5 numbers or 7 will change your chances of winning completely because you would have no chance.

In my Greenland bracket 1st place has over 300 points and I have less than 200 with only 3 missions I can do for pts all of which are worth less than 5 pts most 2 pts.

I have no clue with all the different theories about how to get pts i dont understans why the devs wont just spell out for us how the rubbwrbanding effects scoring since many of us are spwnding alit of time and in some cases money to try and succeed.A little less gray area and more clear cut ruling would be great
  • My goal is to be in the top 50 overall at the end of each "round" by doing that I can hopefully ensure I am in the top 300 at end of Tourney, thus far it is working but I am nervous about the final day.... This whole tourney is like playing baseball in the dark and hoping you are making progress and scoring runs...
  • We ask for somewhat of an explanation for every event, just usually doesn't happen.
    fatcatfan wrote:
    Right now, main bracket 758 points, 5559th place.

Greenland 133 points, 651st place. 1st place has 332 points.

Romanian 88 points, 1099th place. 1st place has 468 points.

Maybe the rubberbanding isn't as exaggerated this time because there's only one main bracket with everyone in it? With The Hunt, multiple main brackets were also compared to each other to determine point values.

Hmm Interesting, So for you it's double the points but I have full value on the recharge. Did you get the points from the recharge yet? If not it looks like you can get into top 100 with it.
  • WilliamK99 wrote:
    My goal is to be in the top 50 overall at the end of each "round" by doing that I can hopefully ensure I am in the top 300 at end of Tourney, thus far it is working but I am nervous about the final day.... This whole tourney is like playing baseball in the dark and hoping you are making progress and scoring runs...

You can have that goal, but that doesn't mean you're going to reach it.

It's impossible for me to have gotten into the top 50, or 100, or even 200 of my Greenland bracket. I have a few points left to gather, but I'm sitting at 150 points. The #1 has 363, and #10 has 275. How? No idea, but I can guarantee that I'm not going to be any better than top 400. Right now I'm #391.
  • He said top 50 overall, Z, for the main bracket. It might be doable, but I'm not sure you should. The rubberbanding is built to keep you from getting that high, which means you will do a bunch of grinding, only to get fewer points the next time. I just moved from 900 something into the top 300 doing enough repeats in Romania to get all the 500iso rewards. All four missions still have points, but I think running them to zero will just take time, iso, and ultimately, may be counterproductive.
  • I've run Greenland all out to zero now. 1st place in that sub has 365 points and seems to still be rising. I'm in 15th with 278 at the moment. I did them in order, depleting the stack before moving to the next one. These are the points I actually earned:
    Greenland I        10   8  6  4  2
    Greenland II       11   9  7  4  2
    Greenland III      13  10  8  5  3
    On the Wrong Team  15  11  8  6  3

• Thus far I have done each sub level twice, once right when it opens and the other about 16 hours later, should I rethink my plan? I am 27th overall thus far but should I just do the sub-missions once a day now to maximize my points?
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The points are a bit confusing, but I think I hamstrung my chances for the current events by not playing last night (I'm on UK time).

On the other-hand, I just realized that the positions I have now - 601 & 625 - are probably better for me. icon_mrgreen.gif
    If I push into the 401 - 600 prize tier I'll get the same 250 but trade my heroic token for a powered-up:

> Powered-up can give Punisher while heroic cannot
    > But 90%+ of powered-up pulls will be Cap or Wolverine - whom I already have maxed (in terms of covers, not levels).
    > Heroic could give a cover for any of the 7 2** characters I haven't maxed.
    > Heroic could even have a precious cover for one of the 3*** covers I'm actually levelling right now.

Assuming I only get 2*** covers, I think my odds of a happy outcome are 0% for powered-up tokens and 70% for heroic!
    I'll still have to chase points hard on other days though, to be sure of getting a Hulk and staying in the chase for 4**** Wolverine (not to use, just to have in my collection in case required party member some day).
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm just waiting for someone to come in to all this confusion about how it works and say how it's our own fault and how we should just lrn2play noob
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've skipped several full 12 hour instance refills, am not pushing this event hard like the Hunt. As of now am still within the top 300 in the main Hulk bracket, kind of liking this more relaxed feel on this week's event, as long as I manage 1 or 2 hulk covers I'll be happy

The more relaxed it is the more time I have to play some DotA2
  • So my max this time around dropped me from 12 to 25 in the main bracket. Not sure how other people are 100-300 points ahead. Meh this makes no sense to me.

The top 10 don't seem to have rubberbanded at all.

Oh also the tier of missions I had placed top 4 the first day hamstrung me to top 800 this time. Top 100 finish in the other tier put me in top 200 ish, maybe the same with ties.
  • Top 100 in Romania, Top 600 in Greenland, still in top 100 overall. Shrug.

It's notable that, at the current rate, the community will hit the 5M point "goal" in 3 days, or about half way through the event. IceIX has already said the event won't end at that point, but my guess is that it will change -- Hulk will be on "our" side and the missions will change as well. Possibly the entire event rules?

I'm kind of hoping so, since right now we're not going to get anywhere close to 50k points with the current rules. Not unless each day's missions get higher and higher points, which isn't happening so far either...
  • It does seem like they would have accounted for us hitting the point goal around midway, so that makes sense. The points system may possibly skyrocket at that point.

I did end up dropping in the main bracket after this round. We'll see what happens tomorrow.