Combined Arms

Comments

• I'm running Daken/OBW/Jugg. This whole team pretty much relies only on match damage (Unstoppable Crash creates a lot of match damage too) though Headbutt/Chemical Reaction can be used to take out a pesky threat in a pinch. Pretty much just spend the whole match looking for the best matches without concerning what color and it's pretty fun to play it that way.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    edited August 2014
    I'm done - 750 should get me a solid top 25 in my bracket so hit me if you got me.

Edit: And apparently my Raging Headbutt team has proved too tough for some again so if someone wants to spoonfeed me another 8 points that would be most appreciated icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • HairyDave wrote:
    I'm done - 750 should get me a solid top 25 in my bracket so hit me if you got me.

I have short shielded at 807 and there just no high point targets out there It did not find a 25 pointer after 20 skips.... I am in a bit of a lazy bracket - not the normal page of X-men etc I normally see in the top ten at 8 hours to go - so should be good for top 10 at least.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Currently only have one cover for my Torch, so bagging a second would be rather handy with the PVE as well. But I wouldn't shed a tear if I only got the Thor either. Sitting in the 80s in my bracket, have a nice push on the train home from work I think.

Headbutting Hulk into oblivion really is rather fun icon_e_surprised.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 742 good enough for 1st currently. Woo lazy brackets!!
  • I'm done. I just kept getting attacked while I was trying to climb this morning and gave up after hitting 700. This was better than a regular PVP, but not by much. Part of that may be the awful end time. I never really enjoy these Monday-Wednesday ones. At least the alliance should get me the red Torch I need.

By the way: people who start on the last day: you make the game less fun for the rest of us.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574

Mines a little tougher - 800 (or near enough) for top 5.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    HairyDave wrote:
    Mines a little tougher - 800 (or near enough) for top 5.

5th was around 680, 10th was around 610. (i was groggy this morning, don't remember the exact number). Most of them were shielded. Even better for me.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    589 is good enough for top spot in mine at the moment, 456 for top 10
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I'm done. I just kept getting attacked while I was trying to climb this morning and gave up after hitting 700. This was better than a regular PVP, but not by much. Part of that may be the awful end time. I never really enjoy these Monday-Wednesday ones. At least the alliance should get me the red Torch I need.

By the way: people who start on the last day: you make the game less fun for the rest of us.

Completely off topic of what you are talking about but I just realized you are in my pvp bracket! sitting right below me in 9th ha.

First time I have seen someone on here in my bracket.
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    gmpunkx wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I'm done. I just kept getting attacked while I was trying to climb this morning and gave up after hitting 700. This was better than a regular PVP, but not by much. Part of that may be the awful end time. I never really enjoy these Monday-Wednesday ones. At least the alliance should get me the red Torch I need.

Completely off topic of what you are talking about but I just realized you are in my pvp bracket! sitting right below me in 9th ha.

First time I have seen someone on here in my bracket.

I'm right in there with both of you. Think I'm done for the tourney as well, just can't bring myself to give it another go. Just resigned to my top 25 fate.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:

This is probably what I hate the most as a transitioner. But I haven't come up with a good way to fix it (not that D3 listens to good ideas anyway)
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    I managed to jump from #7 to #2 in my bracket with two quick wins and a defensive win. I'm tempted to shoot for first because I'm only 4 points behind and I've never gotten first, but I really don't care about IW.
  • Really enjoyed this PvP, devs. Good job!

Mistimed my shield last night so had to quickly break shield just to throw up another one to ride it out. Feel free to hit if I pop up.

I thought I would get attacked out the wazoo, but mStorm, OBW, 153 LCap has deterred a lot. I've gotten more defensive wins than normal, netting over 100 points (even counting the losses). Currently sitting top 25 with 730+, so not as lazy of a bracket as I had hoped. Health packs weren't smashed through, either. I can't remember the last time an event was stress free feeling.

Edit: with another win, I could go top 10 but don't feel like it lol
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Events like this make me wish for an option to see my own defensive teams pretty hard (for wins, losses, everything). I'm stranded on slow wi-fi atm, so can't play MPQ (not downloaded yet), so I don't even know how my whatever team is faring on defense. Probably not stellarly though as any team can be beaten.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:

Im sincerely apologize that Im playing when I can and when its convenient to me icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Zumdahl
    Zumdahl Posts: 19
    Well, I certainly learned a lot about team composition on this one. Felt pretty good coming into the day with 600+ points, but have gotten mopped up both defensively and in my opponent selection. Juggs may need to reserve a seat on my bench for another one of these 1* buffed events; he's ruined my day multiple times this trip. Also: I should have paid for the shield.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I knew coming in that extended pushing would be impossible, but getting only up to 935 from 700 is pretty pathetic icon_lol.gif
    Should be an easy T5 though, so 75 HP for the shield was justifiable.
  • Tagstar87
    Tagstar87 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Amazeballs wrote:

I thought I would get attacked out the wazoo, but mStorm, OBW, 153 LCap has deterred a lot. I've gotten more defensive wins than normal, netting over 100 points (even counting the losses).

Same here. I had this team up overnight while I slept and was only attacked twice (had broken 500 before bed). One retaliation was worth 7 points and the other 45!
  • Zumdahl
    Zumdahl Posts: 19
    I ended up at 104. 75 HPs for a shield would have netted me a Torch cover I could use. Live (sort of) & learn!