Combined Arms

New PvP is on the way we can guess what is gonna be ..i think something like balance of power maybe

Comments

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Maybe have a star limit, meaning we probably wont be able to use more than 1 or 2 3*?
  • DuckyV wrote:
    Maybe have a star limit, meaning we probably wont be able to use more than 1 or 2 3*?

Good point.. anyway anything new is better ..maybe they include Fury in this one
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2014
    Seems most likely something like, your team consists of a 1*, a 2* and a 3*.

The other variation would be you have 6*'s worth of characters, so 2 3*s, 3 2*s or one of each *.

Such gameplay has been suggested on the forums a number of times in the past.

Runs for 4 or so days and Season 5 starts at the end of the week.
  • Yeah, the way the stars are arranged in the graphic makes me believe you have to use a 1*, 2*, and a 3*. But since that will leave out 4*, I would guess that there will be a six star limit. Now, can we use two 3*s? We shall see.
  • Six star limit? Go Team Invisible Woman, Yelena, Venom!!!!!
  • You can always use a two man team. Just delete all your other character and you are good to go.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    yogi_ wrote:
    Seems most likely something like, your team consists of a 1*, a 2* and a 3*.

The other variation would be you have 6*'s worth of characters, so 2 3*s, 3 2*s or one of each *.

Such gameplay has been suggested on the forums a number of times in the past.

Runs for 4 or so days and Season 5 starts at the end of the week.
    Pretty sure that was my idea of what Balance of Power might have been icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it has to be exactly a 1, 2, and 3 star, people who deleted their 1*'s will be pissed. But I welcome the idea. Juggs FTW!
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee wrote:
    If it has to be exactly a 1, 2, and 3 star, people who deleted their 1*'s will be pissed. But I welcome the idea. Juggs FTW!

This thought crossed my mind as well. There would have to be some sort of allowance for that. Even a loaner?

Anyway, the other thought is that I wonder if they will also have all characters autobalanced / boosted to the same / high levels similar to Balance of Power, but that semi defeats the purpose of the star variants, so while possible, I would think less likely.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    yogi_ wrote:
    scottee wrote:

This thought crossed my mind as well. There would have to be some sort of allowance for that. Even a loaner?

Anyway, the other thought is that I wonder if they will also have all characters autobalanced / boosted to the same / high levels similar to Balance of Power, but that semi defeats the purpose of the star variants, so while possible, I would think less likely.

I think they'd have to do something to make up for 1*lack of health. Wouldn't be very fun if your 1* duress immediately all the time. Should be interesting tho!! Love this direction of trying new tourneys tho!!!!
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    yogi_ wrote:
    scottee wrote:

I'd think they'd almost have to at least give 1*/2*s a slight boost otherwise every fight pretty much becomes kill the 3* and win.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's gonna be like balance of power, all toons will be buffed, but your team will have to be made up by 1, 2 and 3* each. looks like i'm gonna be competitively out of this one cause i don't have a maxed out 3*.
  • Like someone mentioned, people who deleted their 1*'s might be hurting in this one. Oh wait, that's me... icon_cry.gif
  • AznLyte wrote:
    Like someone mentioned, people who deleted their 1*'s might be hurting in this one. Oh wait, that's me... icon_cry.gif

Same here i was delete 1* too...but still have jugg and storm 1* ...they will be enough i think icon_e_smile.gif
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    If that is the case (1*+2*+3*) then it'll be quite interesting. Glad I have a collectors tendency.
  • El_Dude
    El_Dude Posts: 53
    A 5-star limit would be more interesting. 6 stars and everyone just brings the three 2-star characters that are so pervasive in pvp for players who haven't built up 3-star teams.

A 5-star limit would force a 1-star teammate onto your squad -- 3* + 1* + 1* or 2* + 2* + 1*

Or maybe they give you a random 1* character and you can fill the other two slots with a 3* and a 2*.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,549 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been saving MBW, Venom, Juggernaut, and CHawk covers in my queue for the past week just to be on the safe side. icon_e_smile.gif
  • İ guess 1-One stars 1-Two stars 1-Three Stars

And we see all team damm Obw-jug or iron man and other 3 stars hero

Good PVP thing but i start boring obw all team
  • I imagine Sentry, 2* Daken, and 1* BW would be the go-to team.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    *** Torch, **Daken and *BW might work well, too.