The Hulk - Aug 13 - 17

Options

Comments

• kidicarus wrote:
    Essential nodes are far more reasonable now with hulk at 93/97 in hard mode.

Shame.. was looking forward to farming more lvl 395 hulk TU powers

I find them harder than the 395 single hulk. Keep triggering anger by mistake since a lvl 100 hulk does not have enough HPs.

I am going to see where I sit after todays subs but really think its just not worth the effort to get top 10. For a single cover its probably easier to pay the 13 quid just to buy it with ISO. (Not that I would since the chances of me leveling Fury any time soon are next to zero - BP, Torch are next on the list)
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I am, too, thinking of only doing enough to get the alliance cover (even if it's a Wild Bewilder), since trying for a Fury cover I won't be able to use properly will only bring aggravation and disappointment. Pretty sure that you, Sumilea, will stay in top 10 though (we are in the same bracket!).
  • locked wrote:
    I am, too, thinking of only doing enough to get the alliance cover (even if it's a Wild Bewilder), since trying for a Fury cover I won't be able to use properly will only bring aggravation and disappointment. Pretty sure that you, Sumilea, will stay in top 10 though (we are in the same bracket!).

Staying top 10 means getting up in the middle of the night for the next 4 days. I just weighing up if its worth the effort. Since they finished later than normal was possible to do today but as the event shifts to the normal I am not sure if hitting nodes twice at 11pm and then finishing up at 4am is firstly going to be enough? and secondly worth the agro.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Falcon + Daken makes short work of level 395 Hulk. In fact it's so fast you have to worry about triggering his Anger even when he has 26K or whatever insane HP he has. It reminds me of the first iteration of this event where you got to destroy your own strike tiles back when Wolverine was way overpowered so that you don't kill yourself on Anger before you had enough AP to finish him off.
    Tried this on the Punisher required node just to test it out and failed spectacularly. Granted I had a pretty miserable board, but with Pun up front eating a lot of damage it wasn't showing a lot of promise. Who was the third you used? Boosted Spidey for protect tiles? Or someone else entirely? Had much better luck afterwards with the CStorm/MNMags stun machine.

The answer is all that. Punisher + 2* Stormneto. Punisher tanks green and red to diminish the matches that expose Mags or Storm, a 360+ Hulk has so much life that not even 4-matches with 3 of Punisher's strike tiles around triggers Anger. Once you freeze him, unload everything you have on him and then execute him with Punisher. It's actually really easy and you are rewarded with super high level Clap or Smash T-Us.
    MagneStorm would sound better.

I'm gonna join real late and see where it gets me. Like T-2h on the main bracket late.
  • If I had realized it was going to be like this I don't think I would have bothered starting before Saturday morning. These subs are all going to be pointless. I guess this is what every other PVE is like for the Europeans.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Fury's already out of reach for me, barring crazy rubberbanding somewhere down the line. Went to bed about 500 behind the leader, woke up 6k behind with the new subs having (seemingly) limited rubberbanding, and time to only do one pass quickly this morning.

At least I can use the Psylocke/Spidey/Hulk.

Orionpeace for Mayor.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    Depends it's very possible to get Top2 in both subs or at least Top10 but if you really want to maximize points in the main you'd want to swap back and forth between the 2 doing the highest value nodes. If you just want to get better rewards I find it's easier to win the 'Easy' subs.

I always under estimate myself on the first pass... Likely because it takes a pass to warm up to each node and formulate an efficient strategy. Moral of the story, I did better than I though in last nights two subs. After a clear every 2.5 hours, I was able to grind all the nodes down to 1, or close to it, with about two hours left so I could go to bed. Still placed top 10 in both somehow. Next two subs are half over, and go right through my workday, so token placement there is best case scenario, but if it doesn't bury my placement in the main, I guess that's ok. I really hope the main doesn't later trivialize the subs as someone said. I would think they learned their lesson on doing that, but then again the memory of unstable iso-8 is still pretty fresh...

Has anyone gotten a thunderous clap from all these high level hulk nodes? I'm sitting on 6-7 for smash, and not a single TC. icon_e_sad.gif Probably just a case of RNG hates me this time, but mainly just curious. I think smash will hurt a bit more to get rid of...
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Options
    Has anyone gotten a thunderous clap from all these high level hulk nodes? I'm sitting on 6-7 for smash, and not a single TC. icon_e_sad.gif Probably just a case of RNG hates me this time, but mainly just curious. I think smash will hurt a bit more to get rid of...

You mean TU? Yes, I got a 213 Thunderous Clap. It's sitting next to the 200 Avengers Assemble in the Trophy section of the screen.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    Roger that, thanks.

God I wish I'd have kept Avenger's assemble TU. In my defense, at the time I thought I have 5 of em... Thanks for the great explanation on everything in game D3! heh
  • IReallyHatePVP
    Options
    Fury's already out of reach for me, barring crazy rubberbanding somewhere down the line. Went to bed about 500 behind the leader, woke up 6k behind with the new subs having (seemingly) limited rubberbanding, and time to only do one pass quickly this morning.

Orionpeace for Mayor.

New Subs already?

I haven't joined yet 'cause of RL Work schedule. Did they 3* rotate the Essential nodes, or is it still Spidey/PunPun 50/50 deal?
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Still the same and I'd expect it to remain so for the rest of the event.
  • One thing this PVE has already taught me: even boosted up to 230th level, Spidey is pretty much completely useless.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Options

Orionpeace for Mayor.

New Subs already?

I haven't joined yet 'cause of RL Work schedule. Did they 3* rotate the Essential nodes, or is it still Spidey/PunPun 50/50 deal?

Yes, subs so far have been 12 hrs long. These were still 50/50. We'll see what the Wheel of Development has in store for the next group.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    One thing this PVE has already taught me: even boosted up to 230th level, Spidey is pretty much completely useless.
    Mine's sitting on L55 and keep looking at him and thinking I should boost him a bit but I keep finding better places to spend my ISO - i.e. almost anywhere else icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hmmm. My Spidey has made the Hulk fights pretty trivial. Though he's always made hulk trivial.
  • Okay I decided to call it a day on this event. I am currently hovering around 2nd place but it is taking up way to much of my time to keep that position.
  • The 12 hour sub is pretty insane on schedule demands. I'm all for shorter events but this is the wrong way to go about it.

Spider sense is not bad against Daken when you've a significant level advantage on him which you usually do when you're forced to use Spiderman but otherwise Spiderman doesn't do much.

If Hulk is alone, he's harder when he's lower level because the massive Anger counters is the only thing that is dangerous and the less HP he has the more likely he'll do that. Against the solo 395s you just have to watch green because it takes forever for him to take enough red, and Daken or Patch can tank his match 3 fine since half of the time he'll only do about 50-200 damage on his weak colors, including TU. For the Punisher fight I've been using CMag + Daken + Punisher and just match green, and use MF to get rid of Anger tiles that you accidentally trigger, and sometimes you'll have to get rid of your own strike tiles if you pumped out enough strike tiles but haven't gotten him low enough to use Retribution. This is also why I don't use MF as much on this fight because you want to have as many blue tiles still up as possible by the time you have a Judgment (or 2) out.
  • I wonder if it is possible for Europeans to make top 10 without waking up in the middle of the night. I am not willing to be a test subject, but it will be interesting to see just how low can someone fall in the last 5-6 hours after leaving the game in top 10.
  • Narkon wrote:
    I wonder if it is possible for Europeans to make top 10 without waking up in the middle of the night. I am not willing to be a test subject, but it will be interesting to see just how low can someone fall in the last 5-6 hours after leaving the game in top 10.

I started out at the end of the first sub as #2 and woke up at #16 or so.

You won't have a massive fall in ranking if the event structure is consistent but the corollary is that it'd be awfully hard to reclaim your place too if the drop turned out to be permanent because you missed a sub.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Falcon + Daken makes short work of level 395 Hulk. In fact it's so fast you have to worry about triggering his Anger even when he has 26K or whatever insane HP he has. It reminds me of the first iteration of this event where you got to destroy your own strike tiles back when Wolverine was way overpowered so that you don't kill yourself on Anger before you had enough AP to finish him off.
    Tried this on the Punisher required node just to test it out and failed spectacularly. Granted I had a pretty miserable board, but with Pun up front eating a lot of damage it wasn't showing a lot of promise. Who was the third you used? Boosted Spidey for protect tiles? Or someone else entirely? Had much better luck afterwards with the CStorm/MNMags stun machine.

The answer is all that. Punisher + 2* Stormneto. Punisher tanks green and red to diminish the matches that expose Mags or Storm, a 360+ Hulk has so much life that not even 4-matches with 3 of Punisher's strike tiles around triggers Anger. Once you freeze him, unload everything you have on him and then execute him with Punisher. It's actually really easy and you are rewarded with super high level Clap or Smash T-Us.
    The problem with that is that he's doing 500+ damage per match 3, so you only have like a half dozen hits before he kills someone (maybe a full dozen for punpun), so if you're even the slightest bit unlucky, someone goes down and that's the match