The Hulk - Aug 13 - 17

Options

Comments

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, teamed up with Magneto, Spidey and Punisher go a long way through these insane powered up Hulks. It's kinda funny to see how high of a team up power you can pull out of this. icon_lol.gif
  • MikeyMan wrote:
    High level hulk is so easy though. Deny Green and Red and kill him with Punisher.
    And when he makes a purple match that cascades into two green matches? The problem with these ultra high level encounters is always the same, and it has nothing to do with using the right strategy. It has to do with the fact that you have no margin for error, and one bad spot of luck is game over. Even in a best case you're taking 500 points in match damage every round until you get your offense rolling. Or the board has no red, green, or black, and then how are you going to kill him with Punisher exactly? Level 395 Hulk isn't as bad as Daken and Ares, but you're still riding the razor's edge every time you go at him, and if something goes even slightly wrong you're done.

There's no way I care enough about a couple of Fury covers to battle the grinders for the top 1%. They can have it with my compliments. I'll be taking this event pretty easy, blitzing sub ends, and let the chips fall where they may.
  • How to win nicj Fury?
  • How to win nicj Fury?
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Want to know what's really fun? Level 395 Hulks with Supernova team ups. Yeah, I'm done. Will be playing this event for ISO only.
  • Server is gonna be down again
  • mags1587 wrote:
    Want to know what's really fun? Level 395 Hulks with Supernova team ups. Yeah, I'm done. Will be playing this event for ISO only.

I got done by that one on the 315 "weaker" node bye bye team!
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    I got lucky. My L350 guy only had World Rupture so it did nothing (Spidey had a defence tile down).

I've got almost no chance at Fury and I only want the black Psyduck cover to respec so I'm just going to cruise and ISO farm this one.
  • Falcon + Daken makes short work of level 395 Hulk. In fact it's so fast you have to worry about triggering his Anger even when he has 26K or whatever insane HP he has. It reminds me of the first iteration of this event where you got to destroy your own strike tiles back when Wolverine was way overpowered so that you don't kill yourself on Anger before you had enough AP to finish him off.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    For my lvl 300+ Hulk, I loved lazy Cap/Hood/IM 40 with 2 yellow (or oBW) + Onslaught TU not to waste all that green.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I stunlocked him with MNMags & CStorm. Did the trick even if it was a little slow.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No Fury for the alliance, a million Subs crammed into half the normal time, bizarro end times, even more bad end times for Euros?
    Yeah, I'm sitting this one out, thank you.

Disclaimer: I have a maxed Fury.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Darn it, in psykopathic and mischiefmaker's bracket
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    No Fury for the alliance, a million Subs crammed into half the normal time, bizarro end times, even more bad end times for Euros?
    Yeah, I'm sitting this one out, thank you.

Same. Already sick to death of pves and this one just clinches it for me. With these schedules I'll have no chance to do well on every other sub and so basically zero chance of making top 10. Even if I bust my **** it'll probably just end up being hours and hours of work just for one Psylocke cover. Just not worth it.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Falcon + Daken makes short work of level 395 Hulk. In fact it's so fast you have to worry about triggering his Anger even when he has 26K or whatever insane HP he has. It reminds me of the first iteration of this event where you got to destroy your own strike tiles back when Wolverine was way overpowered so that you don't kill yourself on Anger before you had enough AP to finish him off.
    Tried this on the Punisher required node just to test it out and failed spectacularly. Granted I had a pretty miserable board, but with Pun up front eating a lot of damage it wasn't showing a lot of promise. Who was the third you used? Boosted Spidey for protect tiles? Or someone else entirely? Had much better luck afterwards with the CStorm/MNMags stun machine.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, with enemies that high level, you basically have to use cmags or spidey (or both)
  • or now mag and spider-man for an endless stun loop with whoever is 3rd doing damage. slow, but effective.
  • Willis
    Willis Posts: 49
    Options
    Yelena + 2 snipers node. Boy look at 30 green AP they have. Sure hope they don't have an onslaught TU...

Around 6,100 HP left on punisher down to 0 in one swing. I'd take world rupture over this ****.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Falcon + Daken makes short work of level 395 Hulk. In fact it's so fast you have to worry about triggering his Anger even when he has 26K or whatever insane HP he has. It reminds me of the first iteration of this event where you got to destroy your own strike tiles back when Wolverine was way overpowered so that you don't kill yourself on Anger before you had enough AP to finish him off.
    Tried this on the Punisher required node just to test it out and failed spectacularly. Granted I had a pretty miserable board, but with Pun up front eating a lot of damage it wasn't showing a lot of promise. Who was the third you used? Boosted Spidey for protect tiles? Or someone else entirely? Had much better luck afterwards with the CStorm/MNMags stun machine.

The answer is all that. Punisher + 2* Stormneto. Punisher tanks green and red to diminish the matches that expose Mags or Storm, a 360+ Hulk has so much life that not even 4-matches with 3 of Punisher's strike tiles around triggers Anger. Once you freeze him, unload everything you have on him and then execute him with Punisher. It's actually really easy and you are rewarded with super high level Clap or Smash T-Us.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Essential nodes are far more reasonable now with hulk at 93/97 in hard mode.

Shame.. was looking forward to farming more lvl 395 hulk TU powers